It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pancreatic cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I found this article last night about increased cancer risk for various cancers. It seems to say that taking certain probiotics, in particular lactobaccilus probiotics might increase risk of pancreatic and other cancers by increasing tryptophan metabolism. Not sure how this applies, but wonder if the increase in certain cancers could be because of supplementation of this microbe in probiotics.

The research is new, but it seems legit since it attempts to show the method of action of the process. I am going to keep an eye on this, I don't take probiotics because I did the colon cleanse then did a probiotic treatment and I felt worse than before. I must have been intolerant to some of those strains they introduced. It took me almost two months before I got back to normal with gut microbes I was symbiotic with.

Here is the article, what do you guys think about this. I am asking an opinion from those who know more than I do on probiotics. It would not surprise me that people pushing this stuff focused on only one particular point instead of the whole picture because it happens all the time...that is why I won't take probiotics. I read this at one in the morning last night and today my mind is a little foggy because I slept like crap so I would like to know if what I am comprehending from this article is correct.

medicalxpress.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have to note also that this article mostly addresses pancreatic cancer, but it could also effect immune suppression against other types of cancer too.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
good to know. I take probiotics daily along with a whole bunch of other supplement always thing they will keep me healthy. I always heard pancreatic cancer was mostly found in smokers and drinkers.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have to note also that this article mostly addresses pancreatic cancer, but it could also effect immune suppression against other types of cancer too.

Thanks for this, lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer, anything that could accelerate its cases need to be looked into. It's so hard to detect it early enough its lethality is off the charts.

My Dad always played it off as it was his ulcer, I didn't find out till later, he was in so much pain, he had a nerve block done the pain was so intense,right after he found out it was PC

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

it makes sense that the bacteria (if it even is the natural strain found in milk)
needs milk to chew on. Milk, whey, yogurt,... they are full of tryptophan.
Too much of one strain will kill the others. Acute pancreas inflammation can be caused by eating fried camembert. Very few people know about this. Heating the mold creates some nasty chemicals obviously. Unsaturated vegetable oils are a problem on its own. It cloggs the pipes and slowly kills mitochondria making us full-time tired

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First, for some that might not know, every simple yoghurt is "probiotic".

You can buy l casei cultures, the most used especially the ones from Japan in whole bags for cheap. Make your own yoghurt in one day with milk. Then thin it down with water or more milk and mix some fresh blended fruit into it, tada; you have a "probiotic" drink that tastes awesome & is healthy.

Having the right bacteria there can help a lot. Eating a lot of sugar attracts and nurtures the wrong bacteria, making one crave the wrong food. Bacteria in our gut manipulate us 24/7. And all bacteria that manipulate us in a good way, are simply probiotic (among other descriptors).

But with everything, the amount makes up the toxicity. It's best to be conscious about what one eats so the feedback between the brain and the stomach works. The craving for certain things then will come from that and just follow "the gut".

Add: That's one reason I try to fast for 12 days once a year, that kills a lot of the bad bacteria, among cleansing. They can't proliferate without any sugar and die off. It takes a week or more to re-establish the gut with slowly starting to eat normal and healthy.

Also I can then smell food sources for kilometers like an ice bear.
edit on 9.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I used to take a lot of supplements but more and more I am thinking they cause more harm than good. This is a good example-who would have thought this could possibly ever increase rates of cancer? It seems we would be better off getting most of what we need from food, incl probiotics. If we have conditions, try herbs for a short term thing and then stop them since they can also cause imbalances. Use prescriptions as a last resort and do it for the short term if able.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
First, for some that might not know, every simple yoghurt is "probiotic".

You can buy l casei cultures, the most used especially the ones from Japan in whole bags for cheap. Make your own yoghurt in one day with milk. Then thin it down with water or more milk and mix some fresh blended fruit into it, tada; you have a "probiotic" drink that tastes awesome & is healthy.

Having the right bacteria there can help a lot. Eating a lot of sugar attracts and nurtures the wrong bacteria, making one crave the wrong food. Bacteria in our gut manipulate us 24/7. And all bacteria that manipulate us in a good way, are simply probiotic (among other descriptors).

But with everything, the amount makes up the toxicity. It's best to be conscious about what one eats so the feedback between the brain and the stomach works. The craving for certain things then will come from that and just follow "the gut".

Add: That's one reason I try to fast for 12 days once a year, that kills a lot of the bad bacteria, among cleansing. They can't proliferate without any sugar and die off. It takes a week or more to re-establish the gut with slowly starting to eat normal and healthy.

Also I can then smell food sources for kilometers like an ice bear.

I do 3 day fasts a few times a year and hate it. A 12 day seems awful even though I know some days would be better than others. I need to do another fast soon and am trying to figure out when because I don’t really want to.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I tried probiotics and they made me feel ill, I suffered with stomach pain, loss of appetite so not for me.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I think humans can have too much of a good thing.

For example I read and was told by a doctor that they are still studying the effect of just a liquid diet.
Like people that drink a lot of smoothies. There is something triggered in the brain and all the processes of the body
when you actually chew, that can't be done by just drinking.

I think probiotics must be a long the same line. We know for a fact, for an absolute fact that there are places on earth that people just live longer. Many of those places eat fermented foods that have these bacterias, naturally fermented foods. I think the key must be the chewing, or the addition of other foods, disgestive juices.

They are still studying so much about the microbiome. I absolutely love learning about it. I brought it up a few times in Covid discussions. Many people said bacteria is good, getting sick is good and makes you stronger. That is not necissarily true. Harvard did a study that showed the opposite, similar to what you linked said about lactobaccilus probiotics! We may not know the full scope during our lifetime, but they are working on it.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it is clear that it is best to get what your body needs naturally and not from supplements.
I saw an article about someone getting really sick (think they died) because they took probiotics wrong and they grew in the gut and not the intestines.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams
It get's better for me after day 3-4. Yes it's horrible first but it get's better. The hunger dials down but tiredness is there obviously. I only drink water, lot's of it and my emergency meal is broth.

It's important to really cut it down complete, the stomach must not get any nutrients to set the process in motion. Otherwise it can be unhealthy. For those reading and thinking about giving it a try, first speak with a good doctor.

I did not make it to 12 this year. But I feel like reborn afterwards everytime, I would not do it if not benefiting from it. Life quality is so much higher then because food tastes awesome and one kind of resets consume.

Maybe think about doing 1x a year but longer? This would mean less stress on your body, as it only has to go through the initial phase once. Just an idea

I promise after day 4 it will get a lot easier to resist mentally although the temptation is everywhere because you smell everything. Special when you need to cook for someone else and watch eating, check out the taste with a spoon tip while cooking. That's the cruel part.
edit on 9.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think humans can have too much of a good thing.

For example I read and was told by a doctor that they are still studying the effect of just a liquid diet.
Like people that drink a lot of smoothies. There is something triggered in the brain and all the processes of the body
when you actually chew, that can't be done by just drinking.

I think probiotics must be a long the same line. We know for a fact, for an absolute fact that there are places on earth that people just live longer. Many of those places eat fermented foods that have these bacterias, naturally fermented foods. I think the key must be the chewing, or the addition of other foods, disgestive juices.

They are still studying so much about the microbiome. I absolutely love learning about it. I brought it up a few times in Covid discussions. Many people said bacteria is good, getting sick is good and makes you stronger. That is not necissarily true. Harvard did a study that showed the opposite, similar to what you linked said about lactobaccilus probiotics! We may not know the full scope during our lifetime, but they are working on it.

Im a firm believer in fermented foods, sauerkraut and kimchi were the only things that have worked for me. Sans gallbladder will make you pay attention to that stuff, I was having issues for 2 years after surgery but damn after just eating about half a cup of good sauerkraut of kimchi every day or so I am so much better.

edit on 9-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
People need to be careful now, I buy good tested brands and still got a "knock off" that had the capsules filled with something else. Luckily I knew the correct color and smell of the supplement and knew it was totally wrong.

People are poisoning us and no one cares anymore the there is no protection left.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The immune system takes lots of energy and if you eat probiotics in yogurt, it seems to increase your energy somewhat. Could the increase in energy not just be because it is processing the lactose, could it be that it is dampening the immune system enough to increase your perceived energy.

I have an overactive immune system and I try to eat foods to moderate it so it doesn't tear me apart. I have known for a long time that if I do dampen it I have to increase certain food chemistries that fight things off for me or suppress cancer and viruses or fight them directly. Since most foods I have chosen to consume to control my epilepsy also have anticancer and antiviral properties by suppressing the replication or causing aptopsis of rapidly dividing cells...which also dampens my epilepsy too, I feel HALF way confident I have covered the problems that the diet change has created. I suppose I will see in the future how things go. But since I am intolerant to all five classes of anti-seizure meds they tried, I have no choice.

I hope more research is done on the article in the OP and the government does something about warning people...Yeah right, as if our FDA wants us learning how to fix things before they happen, they want us to need them. They will probably overreact and ban all of the probiotics which of used correctly can help people.
edit on 9-2-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I did some research on products of microbes that have anti-histamine properties, they are still tyramine chemistry, but just not histamine producing. The microbes that make Parmesan cheese supposedly produce anti-histamine chemistry, so do some of the strains of microbes that make sauerkraut and Kimchi. But Sauerkraut does still give me a tyramine headache, but sometimes different kimchi's do and sometimes they don't. I usually try kimchi that is made by people fresh, some of that crap from the stores tastes terrible. I like the taste of kimchi better than sauerkraut. I tried to eat more sauerkraut years ago when they said it was healthy... headache city.

edit on 9-2-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I lost my brother in law to Pancreatic cancer on 30th November last year, 3 months almost to the day from diagnosis to death. To say it was shocking to see his demise so fast is an understatement.

From a fit guy to a corpse

Anything that could help others is welcome

Cody

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

tyramine alone shouldnt give you a headache. I used to have them too. Some of them were adenosine crashes from caffeine withdrawal but mostly caused by weak MAO inhibitors preventing tyramine metabolism. It can be as simple as a coffee, tea, or in my case aphrodisiacal, anabolic herbs I was taking along with blue cheese. Mostly Tribulus and Siberian ginseng along with CBD Cannabis making me angry. Add a lack of sleep. Lack of good sleep in a dark...

I'd say try St. John's Wort to boost liver enzymes like cytochrome P450 for mediated synthesis of dopamine from tyramine but this one can erase any drug from your system. A drug you may wanna keep. I think I told you already that I gave SJW tea to my brother once and he almost had a seizure because of that. Then he had some most likely thanks to my CBD. He's on benzo since then. Slowly upping the dose as well as coffee abuse to stay awake. Silly me but the dumb lazy doctor is to blame more. They dont care about patients diet, they dont wait. And they never go back down with the dose.
edit on 9/2/2022 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

tyramine alone shouldnt give you a headache. I used to have them too. Some of them were adenosine crashes from caffeine withdrawal but mostly caused by weak MAO inhibitors preventing tyramine metabolism. It can be as simple as a coffee, tea, or in my case aphrodisiacal, anabolic herbs I was taking along with blue cheese. Mostly Tribulus and Siberian ginseng along with CBD Cannabis making me angry. Add a lack of sleep. Lack of good sleep in a dark...

I'd say try St. John's Wort to boost liver enzymes like cytochrome P450 for mediated synthesis of dopamine from tyramine but this one can erase any drug from your system. A drug you may wanna keep. I think I told you already that I gave SJW tea to my brother once and he almost had a seizure because of that. Then he had some most likely thanks to my CBD. He's on benzo since then. Slowly upping the dose as well as coffee abuse to stay awake. Silly me but the dumb lazy doctor is to blame more. They dont care about patients diet, they dont wait. And they never go back down with the dose.

I have the MAOB double snps that cause tyramines to be a problem in headaches. Known of this problem since back around nineteen sixty nine, the doctors figured it out that long ago. It did contribute to my hangovers too, but that was not the only cause, I found from my genetics I can break down alcohol well, but have a lousy time breaking down aldehydes. Seems like a lot of research was done on that stuff with genetics. I knew about these things long ago but until I got my genetics done and used that information to identify I actually had some issues I had lots of headaches...maybe ten a month. You are talking headaches that sometimes lasted two days...over half of the month I had a headache. Now, it is unlucky if I have one every two months with what I researched using my gene app. I get headaches from milk and ice cream yet, but a couple of bromelain pills get rid of it within ten minutes but there is still a lingering down feeling for about another half hour, I consider that a win, those headaches used to last many hours even after taking aspirin or ibuprofin, tylenol does nothing for me.

My genetics on that is not common, I think I am in the seven percent of people class with the MAOB double hit on those. Even those without a problem can get a tyramine headache if they consume way too much though, I don't need hardly any at all, figured out which cheeses were causing the problem already forty five years ago...yet the devil made me eat some anyway...
I really like asiago and some of the great Italian cheeses...but pay the price and that price has nothing to do with the high cost of those cheeses.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I am amazed you can do a 12 day fast, about all I can handle is 18 hours.
Although I do 18 hours everyday.

Very good advice on the sugar.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join