It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Sinovac doses fail to protect against Omicron in study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The people in Hong Kong on Sunday will be getting their Sinovac shots. Most are just getting their 1st due to restrictions of movement to commercial outings.
One of our past members here is getting his first shot on Sunday.

Two doses and a booster of the Covid-19 vaccine made by China's Sinovac Biotech, one of the most widely used in the world, did not produce sufficient levels of neutralising antibodies to protect against the Omicron variant, a laboratory study has found.

For those who are fully immunised with the vaccine known as CoronaVac, getting a booster shot from Germany's BioNTech SE significantly improved protective levels of antibodies against Omicron, according to the study from the University of Hong Kong and The Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Two doses of the BioNTech shot, known as Comirnaty, were also insufficient, though adding a booster with the more potent mRNA vaccine raised protection to adequate levels, the researchers said in a statement.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sinovac barely worked against the original strain it was designed against. Nothing designed for 2019 Covid will work against Omicron.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why are these countries still pushing this darn crappy jabs, the moron variant from Africa is just a cold that is not even worth to be called a cold.

Is just like I been saying, the demonic intent on giving this jabs should be a big red flag to humanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

While I mostly agree, it can still be deadly. Just had a patient die from a covid induced stroke.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep add him or her to the growing number of hart attacks and hart disease in the country and in the world, do not forget to add the growing cancer victims dying every day also, several of my family members had die and are dying of cancer including my mother, yep covid did not got my mom but cancer did.

Life is a biatch you just have to live everyday like it is the last, but I am no going to play Russian roulette with a jab that does not provide anything good.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree the vaccine is likely more harmful than helpful, just pointing out covid can still kill people, just much less likely than before.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Most of the omicron cases here are just mild, some of the Delta is still around though, and that one is causing problems in immune compromised people and real old people. Why worry about omicron when it is so mild and it also gives immunity.

What I have noticed is that other viruses seem to be more of a problem lately for some reason. I am still not sure if it is because of the vaccine though, because it is hitting both the vaccinated and un-vaccinated about the same. It isn't the flu, or covid, nor is it rsvp. The doctors here do not have a test for it. I just had more people telling me it was getting more problematic here, they had family members getting it. This is not the crappy one with the runs and pukes, it is a throat and lymph node one that is happening. I suppose since people were staying away from each other for so long with this covid crap they lost their immunity to other diseases too because they were not exposed to them to rejuvinate it.

top topics

join