It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK hotel bill for 37,000 migrants is £4.7m a day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I left school in 82.
The North East suffered as badly as anywhere else under Thatcher.
The manufacturing base was decimated and there were no jobs, very few people got apprenticeships.
My first job was on a YOP scheme - the predecessor of YTS - but many employers simply used the scheme for cheap labour. Hardly anyone was kept on after their 6 months.

At the same time The Right to Buy scheme was in full swing.
Nothing wrong with the that....but Thatcher forbade local councils from building new council houses to replace those they sold.
This forced so many people into the private housing market - which they couldn't really afford - which resulted in rising house prices and runaway rental fee's.
We all know where that has led to.

Then we had the sell off the all the nationalised industries.
Sure, some were bloated.
There was appalling mis-management, out-dated working practices etc.
A radical overhaul and restructuring was required.
But what we saw, to quote someone who's name I can't remember, was a selling off of the family silver.
Ownership and control of almost all of our utilities has passed to foreign private companies and we have seen a haemorrhaging of money out of the country.

Would fuel prices really be as high as they are going to be if we had more control and say over them?
I think not.

The open door immigration policy started under Bliar has been disastrous.
Every single administration since has said they were going to address this.....yet immigration - both legal and illegal - has actually gone up.

As RAY 1990 rightly points out, bollocks like Levelling Up and HS2 are smoke in mirrors and deliver nothing at all, certainly not for the ordinary man and woman in the street.
Nothing whatsoever.

These high profile projects are a complete crock of the proverbial.

Last year it was announced that a large number of government jobs were being relocated to the town where I live.
The vast majority of these jobs are going to people who are relocating from down south, very few are going to be filled by locals.
House prices are soaring - again - and the few young families who could afford mortgages are now struggling.
And of course rental fee's are on the increase.
No new schools being built.
No new hospitals or even doctors surgeries.
Increased traffic but nothing spent on the upkeep of the road system or to improve the flow of traffic.

Great headlines...but absolutely # all benefit to the people of this town!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Think i left school in 93.

I done ok out my YTS.

Walked away with a level 3 City & Guilds certificate in Electronic & Electrical Engineering after 2 years which helped me go on to University.

Your right about some employers using the scheme for cheap labour all the same.

Another problem being there was not enough actual work placements for the people on the schemes.

As to levelling up, im sure Boris thinks we are all playing fecking Warcraft.

Just words that mean little in the real world.

Sounds good through, which is why he wont shut up about it.
edit on 4-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SarcasticArcturian
It's easy to say deport immigrants/migrants/illegals (whatever you want to call them) or not BUT remember these are people like you and me, little kids just like your children with dreams, hopes and fears. They want to live just as we do.

Please reconsider your views. I have MANY friends whom i attended high school with and they DO NOT have amazing lives, they don't get things for free despite what the media will have you think.

When talking about rubber boat boats illegals, for children read; Military Age Male.
edit on 4-2-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Be much cheaper to let the savages drown.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

Hardly an example any first world nation wishes to set in this day of age.

As to them being savages, they are people, just like you and me.

Only difference being we were lucky enough to have been born here.

Fair enough we cannot accommodate their numbers, but does not mean we can let them drown in the channel nether.

Simple as that really to anyone with an ounce of empath or integrity.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I disagree. Most of them are muslims and they are nothing like me. You can decide whom you consider yourself to be "just like", but you may not do it for me.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You mean Human per-chance?

You can decide whatever you wish it don't change our species or the fact of the matter.

Muslims are people also, just like you.

Now organised religious practice and Muslims, well that's an ideology, and an Abrahamic one at that, just like Christianity.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There is a lot about the whole illegal immigrants crossing The Channel situation that I don't like and it has to be stopped immediately.

But there the similarities end....I can not even begin to explain just how much I disagree with this post.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You mean Human per-chance?

You can decide whatever you wish it don't change our species or the fact of the matter.

Muslims are people also, just like you.

Now organised religious practice and Muslims, well that's an ideology, and an Abrahamic one at that, just like Christianity.

The "human" status is forfeit to me for those that follow the Mohammed/Paedophile/Terror religion.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There is a lot about the whole illegal immigrants crossing The Channel situation that I don't like and it has to be stopped immediately.

But there the similarities end....I can not even begin to explain just how much I disagree with this post.

I'm glad you feel that way because I'm not interested in hearing about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Know what happens when you lump 1.8 billion people in to the same boat Granitebones?

Nothing much aside from you lose all sorts of perspective. LoL

Are you suggesting that the 1.8 billion Muslims on Earth are all paedophiles or subscribe to terrorist actions?

Coz that would be rather silly bordering on belligerent ignorance.

Tell you one thing the immigration problems we face today here in the UK has little to do with religion and a whole lot more to do with geography.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Without the global population of muslims and the entire indigenous population of China the world population would be much closer to sustainable levels. The survival of my country matters more to me than anything else. Allow me to do it for you; "Blah blah blah that's just what Hitler said, Blah Blah Nazis, Blah Blah", insert boilerplate.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I know....which is why I didn't elaborate on it.

I've learnt that there is no point in discussing these sort of matters with people who have such a locked in, narrow minded and incredibly shallow take on things.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The survival of the nation is not in question, but how we survive, how we choose to go forward.

All that's required for evil to prevail is for good men to fail to act.

Letting refugees drown in the sea ticks that box in spades.

As to you thoughts on Muslims well it looks like you are suggesting 1.8 billion people who choose to subscribe to an organised religious practice are ether paedophiles or terrorists.

Good luck with that most spurious illogical reasoning. LoL

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I know....which is why I didn't elaborate on it.

I've learnt that there is no point in discussing these sort of matters with people who have such a locked in, narrow minded and incredibly shallow take on things.

You consider wanting the nation you love and it's way of life to survive shallow? You will not be admitted to my foxhole.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The survival of the nation is not in question, but how we survive, how we choose to go forward.

All that's required for evil to prevail is for good men to fail to act.

Letting refugees drown in the sea ticks that box in spades.

As to you thoughts on Muslims well it looks like you are suggesting 1.8 billion people who choose to subscribe to an organised religious practice are ether paedophiles or terrorists.

Good luck with that most spurious illogical reasoning. LoL

The survival of a nation and it's way of life is always under threat thanks to the weak who choose to delude themselves that everything is just honky dory and anyone who turns up should be let in housesd, fed and cared for by state largesse.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You also seem to have a strange way of interpreting things to fit in with your pre-conceived ideas and opinions.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well anyroad night night, sleep tight, and watch out for any evil Muslims under the bed coming to get ya or your gaff.

Im away for a pint, as there are far more colourful racists in the pub that talk inflammatory nonsensical hate filled gibberish in 3D.

Then again we can always banish them to the lounge.

Happy travels.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Opinions formed from first hand experience cannot by definition be pre-concieved.
a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Well anyroad night night, sleep tight, and watch out for any evil Muslims under the bed coming to get ya or your gaff.

Im away for a pint, as there are far more colourful racists in the pub that talk inflammatory nonsensical hate filled gibberish in 3D.

Then again we can always banish them to the lounge.

Happy travels.

Enjoy it while you still can. Because when those savages you're an apologist for are in power it will be banned under the loving and caring law of sharia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join