It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mammoth Discovery

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One of the many joys of having the good fortune to be born British, plus the doubly good fortune to born English and tertiary bonus of being born a strong handsome Devonian is having a geological epoch named in honour of my home county.

This find in Plymouth is figuratively and literally a mammoth one. Building works have uncovered a whole heap of well preserved Ice Age animal bones. It seems there was some kind of large ice covered crevice that Woolly Mammoths, native Reindeer and many animals fell into.

No conspiracy but a fascinating find and an interesting read.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3-2-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
All the giant mammals became extinct at the same time, hundreds of dead mammoths have been found piled on top of each other so whatever killed them killed them quick.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

From the OP they fell into a crevice, so they would have all been piled on top of each other.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
All the giant mammals became extinct at the same time, hundreds of dead mammoths have been found piled on top of each other so whatever killed them killed them quick.

I once read of the discovery of a Wooly Mammoth partially exposed in permafrost, which appeared to have been flash-frozen as it had a mouth full of chewed-up Buttercups.

Go figure,...

As to the OP, a fascinating find

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

From the OP they fell into a crevice, so they would have all been piled on top of each other.

Yeah I know it say's that in the article so why do you feel the need to point that out, are you craving attention ? has someone been shouting at you ?
Don't jump in like a child, do you act this way when around real people ?

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Apparently, you do.

Nice OP

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

I once read of the discovery of a Wooly Mammoth partially exposed in permafrost, which appeared to have been flash-frozen as it had a mouth full of chewed-up Buttercups.

Go figure,...

As to the OP, a fascinating find

That's fascinating. I'll have a look for that one.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So you read the OP where it stated what happened and how they died and why they are piled on top of each other ...

Then posted that stupid post anyways? Interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Or ... it's possible they were pushed in a glacier, that finally melted, and the bones naturally settled near one another. Probably did all die around the same time (IMVHO).

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You read the post as referring to these animals specifically, but I believe poster was referring to megafauna in general.

I don't care if you argue the point, but at least argue the same one.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Apparently, you do.

Nice OP

Oh dear, are you aware you're massively off topic, I really shouldn't have to point this out, how pedantic of you.
edit on rd022422 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So you read the OP where it stated what happened and how they died and why they are piled on top of each other ...

Then posted that stupid post anyways? Interesting.

My wordy word we're having a bad day.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Depending on the quality of tusks some one is making a bundle

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You read the post as referring to these animals specifically, but I believe poster was referring to megafauna in general.

There's no drama in that scenario.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There have been many reports of of fishing dredgers pulling up Mammoth bones of the English channel floor, coming from the era when the Channel was open land.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well the post is about this find in particular. So logically a post on this topic is about ... this topic. No sources, references, finds, or anything else of any nature was mentioned. So a post about bones, in a thread about bones, would logically be about the same bones the thread is about unless otherwise stated, maybe that's just me.

top topics

join