It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Olympic athlete have their United States citizenship stripped, and never ever returning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What are your thoughts America?

For her to take advantage all the Olympic mdntoring and training and to the turn her back on the US.

The amount of money thrown at her support her it’s like she is flinging dung at those who helped her become who she is.

This is probably a kid that lived Disney’s live action Milan, which was filme not too far from the Chinese concentration camps housing the Ughyers.

My opinion if you want to play for the other side see you later.
www.google.com.au...

edit on 2-2-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
She's cute so it's ok. If she was ugly then that would be completely different.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Lol, though she might be good looking, looks like she would have a serious sting in her tail.

If She is like her mother, I wouldn’t go any where near it.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Mom probably wants her family in China to continue living.

I don't blame this athlete at all, she likely had little choice.

I also don't fault those ridiculing her, that is the price of her decision.

Weighed against the lives of her family?

What would you do?

edit on 2-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

Agreed, it’s a tough call, perhaps the government should just say you want the athlete China keep her deal done.

China get what they want. Though the whole thing seems deceptive, the kid has numerous marketing campaigns in China, the kid is just using the United States.

Remember China do not plan for the short term, this plan probably goes back to the mothers upbringing in China and she was educated to fulfil a certain goal. Mum is probably being handled by someone.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I couldn't possibly care less if every athlete defected to compete for another country.

I couldn't possibly care any less about sports of any kind beyond playing them for fun.

The days of the Olympics being a chance to bring the world together every 4 years is over. I can video chat with 5 people on 5 continents at the same time from my office. The Olympics is a money racket and it's lost it's symbolic significance.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Agreed, it’s a tough call, perhaps the government should just say you want the athlete China keep her deal done.

China get what they want. Though the whole thing seems deceptive, the kid has numerous marketing campaigns in China, the kid is just using the United States.

Remember China do not plan for the short term, this plan probably goes back to the mothers upbringing in China and she was educated to fulfil a certain goal. Mum is probably being handled by someone.

ccp is vicious, they don't bother with subtle threats anymore.

Almost impossible for Americans to comprehend, or even believe.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
I agree, I once lived the olympics, it wa magical.

Though it’s no longer highly skilled amateurs, it’s mostly professional highly sponsored professionals.

Coming from Australia there isn’t as much money for sponsorship.

Though must admit my favourite winter sports are curling, ski jump, and bobsleigh.

Those are more obscure.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   

They are gunning for it, the Chinese know they own us, particularly in Australia.

It’s like that movie red sparrow.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think "gold digger" applies here.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

originally posted by: robsmith

ccp is vicious, they don't bother with subtle threats anymore.

Almost impossible for Americans to comprehend, or even believe.

Yes, and I've been calling it the " Chinese Spider Web Trap " here on this forum for 2 years and although I feel most members agree with this trap, to understand the truth behind it, one must be wined, dined and doped up with easy money to be made in the beginning. So, but that is the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z
I think "gold digger" applies here.

Is it still gold digging when they threaten to murder all your relatives, and have a well earned reputation for doing such things?

I honestly don't know, so avoided responding to that part of the OP.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Mum wants gold off her kid. Kind of typical for the culture.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Once caught never released, it’s like a black widow spider.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Actually one who has practiced Judo , it would have been an honor to make it to the Olympics back in my day. Things have changed mainly due to the money involved in all aspects of the games.
I don't know about the girl involved or if any Americans are participating but as I said earlier in a post, the Chinese for some reason this time around are NOT interested in this years Olympics. And that has been stated over the airwaves here in Asia.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Honour is powerful, particularly with you, putting yourself through gruelling training, challenge yourself. The honour is to be recognised for your craft. Kudos to you.

It looks like the winter games are just another opportunity To promote China.

It sickens me that In theminutes or hours between events, local broadcasters show those sick scenes showing local life, typical street food, locals smiling and waving at the camera.

Reality is they won’t show those political prisoners, protestors against the gubment.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Athletes complete for different countries all the time. This has been going on for years with the Olympics. She's been competing for China for a few years now. This is nothing new.

She probably has a better shot of carrying the team for China rather than getting lost in the crowd of the large American team; skiing and snowboarding are relatively new sports to break into China.

She has also developed a cult of personality and large social media presence in China. If this hadn't made news in the US no one here would know who she was.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I would hope they keep her and never let her return

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well, it looks like people are actually waking up to how China acts in regards to this Olympic defector.

Either or, it's her decision, so it's fitting that perhaps an American can defeat her and maker her realize her ill choice of competing against her home Nation.

Truth is, it's all about Money and she was offered a ton of it to compete for China, it's all too obvious.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I suppose some athletes just wanna compete and politics is getting in the way.

<<   2  3 >>

join