It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BodyCam Video 9 officers fatally shoot pedestrian on Nashville interstate after half-hour standoff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Nine officers fatally shoot pedestrian on Nashville interstate after half-hour standoff and it's caught on body cameras

Looks like a 'suicide by cop' to me. This series of events began when an Officer stopped to talk to the 37 year old man who was sitting on the guard rail off the side of I-65. Officers apparently then tried talking to him while standing in the road for about 30 minutes.

He had a box cutter in his hand. Eventually he pulled a "shiny cylindrical metal object" out of his pocket, acting as if it could have been a gun, at which point all 9 officers opened fire. As far as I know, they have not yet said what the metal object was, but it definitely wasn't a gun.

I think he was talking to the Cops, but I couldn't hear anything he said in the video.

According to WTVF, it all began when a trooper with the Tennessee Highway Patrol stopped to check on Eastep when he saw him on the highway's shoulder.

An off-duty Mt. Juliet officer who was driving with his family pulled over to help the trooper before back-up law enforcement arrived.

He was agitated and carrying a box cutter in his left hand, Metro Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said.

Officers tried to de-escalate the situation but the nine officers, from three agencies, fired at Eastep when he quickly pulled an unknown "silver, shiny cylindrical object" from his right pocket, Aaron said, adding that he didn't know what the object was but it wasn't a firearm.

The body camera footage, released by Nashville police, shows officers surrounding Eastep, who has his back to the berm between the northbound and southbound lanes, when they fired.

He was hit multiple times and died at the scene, Aaron said. No officers were injured.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 1/28/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

can you imagine being a cop right now, 1-28-2022? There are people looking to ambush cops all over.
Everyone needs to keep that in mind when interacting with cops in the near future. They are being backed into a corner intentionally.

I hope something changes fast for the better.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Clearly suicide by cop. That said, with that many officers, no one thought to just tazer him?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
Clearly suicide by cop. That said, with that many officers, no one thought to just tazer him?

Or just walk up to him with a stick?

sure you can get pretty cut up by a guy with a knife, but if he's dumb enough to look at nine people with guns and still argue, you could probably just start clapping and he'd be confused and fall over.

I wonder what he had in his pocket.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

can you imagine being a cop right now, 1-28-2022? There are people looking to ambush cops all over.

It's not something you hear/think about very often, but there's probably a significant amount of cops who are legitimately scared every single time they confront someone or pull over any vehicle.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
They acted correctly. If you act in a threatening way to the public or police officers you get treated with violence sometimes it costs you your life.

I see nothing wrong here. If anything they could have dropped him sooner so traffic could resume.

edit on 28-1-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Honestly , just from reading the title I instantly thought 'suicide by cop'. So so sad. That's someone's loved one who was feeling so desperate they felt this was their only way out. I feel bad for the cops too , but I think they should have handled this very differently. It's 9 against 1 . I mean common!

Why aren't cops trained to better handle situations like this ? That's maybe in part why they have a mixed rep.
I think highly of cops, so don't look at me , but they can have zero empathy at times.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I agree. It seems very clear that the Officer who can be heard in the video sincerely did not want to see that guy get killed.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If it comes down to going home alive to see my family or attempting to taze someone with a pipe bomb or gun, that's a 1 second decision to unload on the baddie.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Should we prepare for the rioting?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

As far as I know, they have not yet said what the metal object was, but it definitely wasn't a gun.

But, how would you rule out pipe bomb.

I wouldn’t want to be a cop neither. But I would be a cop that wants to go home after shift.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
They acted correctly. If you act in a threatening way to the public or police officers you get treated with violence sometimes it costs you your life.

I see nothing wrong here. If anything they could have dropped him sooner so traffic could resume.

Could you imagine being a technofascist these days?
There are people all over the place wanting to ambush crooked leaders, judges,
and speech censoring big tech billionaires.

If you get diabolical 'leaders' who rigged votes to be placed in power,
lying through complicit media channels; strangled socially and economically toward 'compliance';
which 'leaders' then proceeded to forcibly poison your blood with nanotech, and emf grids designed to control,
and harm, normal biological function, and then arrested (but not filing the report) for a mental health evaluation
for saying word one about it, with this friendly greeting: 'you have 2 choices: on your feet or on your back',
as they do in my hometown,
sometimes it costs you your life.

I wonder if things would go 'back to normal', if the seeds of illegitimate representatives
of government, and media, were crushed like grapes?

If anything (I see nothing right here) they could have been deposed sooner, so that traffic could resume.

# 1539
edit on 28-1-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If it comes down to going home alive to see my family or attempting to taze someone with a pipe bomb or gun, that's a 1 second decision to unload on the baddie.

Don't be a cop then,

That said, jesus these officers showed so much compassion and restraint..

fm... this is why I am not a cop.

Now where is WLM to call for them all to be charged with murder?? Oh yea, that's in the mandella universe.

edit on 28-1-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
2001 I stopped at a stop sign. Before I could go I heard a voice telling me to shut the car down and to come with him. It was a Police officer. I went with him and sat behind a fire truck for two hours because some clown was on a porch roof waving a .38 revolver around. The situation ended when the clown, who was higher than the Space Station, fell off the roof. He sued the Police and won. That showed me the way things were going to go and I haven't been disappointed.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

While I agree with this statement, my husband made an excellent point. He suggested that the negotiator could have put his weapon away, while cops on either side stayed at the ready, to fire if he did pull out a gun. Also, does it take nine cops shooting to take a man down? I understand they were all responding to protocol and did nothing wrong, but it just seems to me that there could be a hierarchy put into place so that one or two officers are the designated shooters, and the others backup. That being said, what a stressful situation for those cops, and props to the cop who gave encouraging words to the guy for 30 minutes, trying to de-escalate. I imagine he went home that day pretty devastated at how it turned out, because he tried so hard for so long for a different outcome. Hope he is ok.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nine armed men VS one man with a box cutter, if he'd had a gun he wouldn't have had a box cutter, fear is the mind killer so as long as these nine cowards remain fearful 24-7 they will never feel remorse or have any understanding that they just murdered someone who obviously needed help.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree with everything you said and also believe that this man got what he deserved.
Some people are strong enough to ward off the constant mental assault on normalcy others crack and become broken and not all broken things can be fixed.

a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

edit on 28-1-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
All 9 officers could have taken it in turn to tase his ass. Why do they even carry Tasers?. For the old and infirm only?.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: network dude

It's not something you hear/think about very often, but there's probably a significant amount of cops who are legitimately scared every single time they confront someone or pull over any vehicle.

It's probably not the best job for scared people to do, you shouldn't give scared people authority.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I agree with everything you said and also believe that this man got what he deserved.
Some people are strong enough to ward off the constant mental assault on normalcy others crack and become broken and not all broken things can be fixed.

a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Maybe when the cops start robbing you of your property,
like they do in my hometown, on account that you seem to exhibit,
in their on-the-spot field psychological estimation,
'an emotional attachment complex', just before they haul you off
to be 'medically examined', probed, needle raped and humiliated at length...
hey...is that like 'you'll own nothing and be happy'...?

Maybe then more persons will start to crack from these mental assaults.
Normal persons. Persons aware of the credit score fascistic socialization.
Technofascism. Say the word that is what it is. You don't tell someone
who is alarmed about the concept of social credit scoring already in play
that they are 'crazy' and 'social credit scoring' is a psychosis, in other words
it's just another little something
you never once thought about, despite the brick to your face!
No. You talk to the police. You tell them you are concerned.
Then you call them over for more intercourse.
While your social credit scores rise....

Maybe then we will have some resistance against
what I was arrested for speaking a single sentence about, within earshot of a fireman.
Who blew a police. The police then fondled the balls of a paramedic.
They formed a semi circle crush at my front door, and proceeded
to gang rape
my ass on my front lawn.
The cherry on the buttplug is when Chief Kaminski said that it never happened.
I guess they don't keep records of the vile acts they perform, at least not on
record for public, FOIA. It's all hush hush, secret files. Sorta like everything big tech
as quiet as electrons pissing in snow,

I am enlightened, slightly pissed, and do not have to wait for anything.
They will drop because I think of them just before I lose consciousness, in sleep.
They saw to that, there's no going back.

They spoke their intentions and could not have
made their point more clear even were it delivered by needle.
Have you watched Matt Heinz in his famous zoom meeting
at Tuscon Medical Center, regarding the un vaxed?
Is everyone aware that he is still employed?
That the entire hospital supervisory staff linked to this zoom
did not open their mouths even once to oppose his fascist tirade?

www.heinzforsupervisor.com...

wontcha chip in?

webcms.pima.gov...

I haven't linked the zoom. I am having trouble linking it.

It is pure fascist gold. Matt's milkshakes really bring the boys to the backyard!
OK heeeeeere's Johnny, but Zuck does not think you should know about this.

"It's not like we can call them (the unclotted) murderers yet.."

www.facebook.com...

Heil Heinz!

This guy belongs on the list of medical fascists who met their fate at Nuremberg.
He is saying the exact same thing, verbatim, and running loose in hospitals.

I was taken away by a group of ten who said they weren't going to shoot
but that I am coming with them. Because I said smart valves disrupt biology!
Park Ridge. My hometown in heartland Amerika.
On my feet or on my back.
Moreover I have in my possession
evidence, published in print, proof, that police in my town are
officially trained to look for 'brain imbalances'
('there aren't more of them we've just been trained to spot them')
among the taxpayers, via an agreement with 'federal authorities'
in order to keep grant monies.
They are not even ashamed of this!

Hey buddy, how's it goin' brother?
She's taking your bike? (where'd you get it?)
You can't keep your snowblower?
(How much work does the Toro need,
and does it have compression?)
Some scrap wood and tools of yours, in her car?
Sounds like an emotional attachment complex!

Now imagine had this meeting been about the vax.

They showed their hand.
Now they want to play it?
No.
They are done.

# 1540

<<   2 >>

join