It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Now Allows Arrested Criminals 48 Hours of Freedom to do....Whatever.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thursday, January 27, 2022

I couldn't believe my ears while listening to a Chicago news report just now, so I looked it up. And sure enough, people who have been arrested and are awaiting their court date at home, are free to leave the house for 48 hours, before the monitoring system reports them as violating their arrest/court agreement.

Criminal justice reform in Illinois has ensured that most violent criminals are back out on the street after an arrest with little or no bail. The worst of the arrestees get unbelieveably stringent requirement of being saddled with “electronic home monitoring” which is supposed to keep them where they can’t victimize others.

That sounds good, except for one thing…thanks to Illinois’ new “bail reform” bill, there’s no criminal penalty for leaving home while you’re being monitored. In fact, a criminal on house arrest can leave and do God knows what. As long as they’re back within 48 hours, there’s no criminal penalty.
Source: www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

The Chief Judge (Timothy Evans: www.cookcountycourt.org... ) says the idea behind this lax rule is that everyone is innocent until deemed guilty by the court.

That's stupid. What can an alleged criminal do in 48 hours? Plenty!

If you agree that someone under arrest should be allowed to leave home for a time, while awaiting their trial, what is the maximum number of hours YOU feel should be allowed, before an arrest warrant is issued? And how frequently...Once @ day? Once @ week?

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/27/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
More democrat insanity.

Should we also start leaving prisons unlocked and unguarded?

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

More democrat insanity.

Might as well. The governors of California and New York released thousands of prisoners so they wouldn't catch Covid.

The Biden Administration leaves the borders open so criminals from all over the world can walk on in to the country.

No large-scale protesting from the U.S. population thus far.

So sure.... open the prison gates and let the prison busses take them to wherever the illegals are being shipped to, and released.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

More democrat insanity.

Might as well. The governors of California and New York released thousands of prisoners so they wouldn't catch Covid.

The Biden Administration leaves the borders open so criminals from all over the world can walk on in to the country.

So sure.... open the prison gates and let the prison busses take them to wherever the illegals are being shipped to, and released.

Send them all to delaware and nyc.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

More democrat insanity.

Incredibly, Biden is sending plane loads of Illegals to New York City suburbs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I couldn't believe my ears while listening to a Chicago news report just now, so I looked it up. And sure enough, people who have been arrested and are awaiting their court date at home, are free to leave the house for 48 hours, before the monitoring system reports them as violating their arrest/court agreement.

Criminal justice reform in Illinois has ensured that most violent criminals are back out on the street after an arrest with little or no bail. The worst of the arrestees get unbelieveably stringent requirement of being saddled with “electronic home monitoring” which is supposed to keep them where they can’t victimize others.

That sounds good, except for one thing…thanks to Illinois’ new “bail reform” bill, there’s no criminal penalty for leaving home while you’re being monitored. In fact, a criminal on house arrest can leave and do God knows what. As long as they’re back within 48 hours, there’s no criminal penalty.

The Chief Judge (Timothy Evans: www.cookcountycourt.org... ) says the idea behind this lax rule is that everyone is innocent until deemed guilty by the court.

If you agree that someone under arrest should be allowed to leave home for a time, while awaiting their trial, what is the maximum number of hours YOU feel should be allowed, before an arrest warrant is issued? And how frequently...Once @ day? Once @ week?

-CareWeMust

Is there something in the legislation about "24 hours to commit any crime with impunity" or is that just assumed based on lack of stipulation?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

"everyone is innocent until deemed guilty by the court"

Seems fair. I'm sure it's in the constitution.

link   

More democrat insanity.

Incredibly, Biden is sending plane loads of Illegals to New York City suburbs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Send them to the blue city.

Not the purple suburbs.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

So is confinement until trial in certain cases, to protect the public, not punish the criminal.

democrats complained about using jails for this so we started mass monitoring programs instead.

Due to the plandemic.

Now those same democrats have watered down the monitoring program to the point of being meaningless.

So why not just admit that democrats don't want to punish democrats for their crimes?

And have zero interest in protecting the public from the violence of democrat criminals.

You sure have no problems taking conservatives as political hostages though.

edit on 27-1-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a trick to lure criminals into even more hefty charges that will almost certainly result in prison time instead of merely a few months in county. Stack those charges by monitoring their locations and tying them to significant activities, especially with the aid of CCTV.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a trick to lure criminals into even more hefty charges that will almost certainly result in prison time instead of merely a few months in county. Stack those charges by monitoring their locations and tying them to significant activities, especially with the aid of CCTV.

I might suspect the same thing.

If we weren't talking about the democrat's clown world where no democrats get punished for their violent acts.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
U.S. Government releasing thousands of caught foreigners too. Every frick'n day 🤣

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Woke dem libs just seem to want anarchy, and deny those that would be victims the right to defend themselves.
Sad times ahead for this country if their not voted ( well that not be a option if things keep on going the way they are) out, and the parents that are bringing new /raising the next generation of thugs aren't dealt with.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you expect anything less from the democrat run to the ground rat holes states?

Decent people needs to move out of these states, let the state been run over by happy free criminals.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

-CareWeMust

Is there something in the legislation about "24 hours to commit any crime with impunity" or is that just assumed based on lack of stipulation?

Assumed. Once per 48 hour window.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How true! That's why they should be treated that way until/unless proven guilty.

Don't take their drugs, guns, or freedoms!

THEY ARE INNOCENT according to the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If the idea is innocent until proven guilty then under their interpretation monitoring at all should be illegal, they should be free until proven guilty with no restrictions.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So a bit as in 'the purge' ? Free to do what they want , it's Chicago after all, we all know they will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
sounds like what germany does, it works there but im not sure American criminals are of the same mindset quite yet for it to work here. sounds like they are trying to rush with this before America is ready to change.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Unless you're a conservative president or his supporters who are still sitting in jail waiting for trial.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join