It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tongan Volcano, Eruption or Detonation - You Tell Me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Heya Gut, I believe I know exactly whom that proto-tagonist was.
I had several long debates with them, some would say they were actually somewhat productive compared to today's standards of debate. I never did know what actually happened with them..

You just brought me back to the good ole days, thank you sir! I'm doing well, quite a bit less vocal these days as I'm just quietly observing all the crazy. Always good to see you my friend. I'm glad you're still here and I hope all is well with you and yours.
edit on 19-1-2022 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Wookiep
Absolutely nothing would surprise me anymore.

Dude.........seriously same!

At this point they could tell me that the aliens living in the center of the earth are getting antsy and need more air and they are doing all kinds of shifty stuff and that they have the ability to make the earth both round and flat at their whim. That they like to morph into weird creatures like mermaids, and sea monsters and then sink back into the middle earth. They like to come up sometime to check on what we are doing and how all that 5G is coming along. They speak to their friends the Big foot people. They aren't paranomal they are actually just really shy hairy folks that want to be left alone, kinda like the people from Appalachia. 👽

Lol, this is like....The best post in 2022 so far. It's funny as Hell but probably true, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There was serious talk on the island of LaPalma about using a small nuclear bomb to control their volcano - so who knows.

It does seem strange that this came as a total surprise. It was a known active volcano and even though it was under water, there's usually earthquakes and a rise in the ground which will give an indication it's going to blow.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
Same sattelite that recorded this could have dropped a rod.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Someone lied to the ocean telling it that Joe Biden would be arriving in Tonga that day by sea.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A rod from god would have left a trail in the sky like a meteorite.
A nuke would have had a bright flash and been recorded on seismic as a nuke going off with a nuclear weapons seismic waves.
seismo.berkeley.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
There was serious talk on the island of LaPalma about using a small nuclear bomb to control their volcano - so who knows.

It does seem strange that this came as a total surprise. It was a known active volcano and even though it was under water, there's usually earthquakes and a rise in the ground which will give an indication it's going to blow.

The Spanish have history of using explosives on volcanoes in the Canary Islands to try and control lava flows. No one has used a nuke before though and I simply don't believe it would ever be an option. For one thing, the area is then off limits for a much larger period of time. More importantly, it could make the situation far, far worse.

This eruptive explosion was so big because the initial eruptions (over the preceding month or two) weakened the internal plumbing, allowing sea water to flood the magma chamber. This resulted in a huge phreatic explosion. We are extremely lucky that there aren't more of these types of explosion.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
More volcano will erupt soon and it make all kind of nuclear weapon like kids toys !

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Absolutely nothing would surprise me anymore.

2nd that.

By any means necessary rings of the truth as to what they are thinking.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
Would something with no explosive , just a tungsten rod going into the ground set off a volcano? I don't know.

It depends on many things but yes I believe it could.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not likely for a rod of god to make a fireball but it would leave a streak in the sky and we have one of those in that video. It is was a precision cut piece of metal. Therefore, it would not be flaming during a slowdown of decent like the space shuttle. It would be piercing the sky like a knife at full speed and would have to produce much less friction with the atmosphere than a meteorite.

originally posted by: ANNED
A rod from god would have left a trail in the sky like a meteorite.
A nuke would have had a bright flash and been recorded on seismic as a nuke going off with a nuclear weapons seismic waves.
seismo.berkeley.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks intriguing, I agree. It would have to be a rocket that can go from air into water and keep going, not sure if this is possible since rockets need oxygen to burn to make the exhaust gasses that propel them.

Reads a bit difficult under water?

a reply to: randomthoughts12

Nope. Rods from god is BS fictional and the move the satellite would have to make to be the dropping one and also record it, would be very complicated if even possible.

Earth spins on it's surface at the equator 464m a second. So you can't just drop something straight down, you have to guide it, so it's a trajectory. The satellite, to observe this while being the dropping one, would have to be in GEO orbit.

The dropping, speed and angular dive would have to be precisely calculated, if even possible, to hit at the same spot the satellite is orbiting / fixed in place. The rod would have to make one go around trip around the Earth at least and then hit the target with precision.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thank you!
I never even thought about it.
That cloud form'd far to quick for a volcano!
only thing thats odd is no flash?

USA has a mother of all bombs 21,000lb !
that would do it or a bunker buster nuclear bomb.
then you dont get a flash.

some will say USSSSR did it.
WHY? thats the Big questen?
to take out the internet cable??

Any one?
Why would some one blow that up???

edit on 20-1-2022 by buddha because: God mad me

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Well not so much guided as timed very precisely. So the ground you intend to hit is lined up just before impact. I would assume gravity would help with this more and more the close to the earth it got though.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

But it would need one round, you would have to slow down the rod so much that you buy time that it can make one go around the Earth and then still hit your target. Because it won't just drop top down, even though the rod would have momentum from the satellite in geo stationary orbit, it looses that and drifts off in speed from rotational speed compared to Earth surface.

I got the impression the poster thought because it looks down on the spot, it could also be the one that released it. From my little understanding about orbital mechanics, that's very complicated thing to do and would

- bleed of a lot of energy
- make detection more easy
- not make sense at all

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: RickyD

But it would need one round, you would have to slow down the rod so much that you buy time that it can make one go around the Earth and then still hit your target. Because it won't just drop top down, even though the rod would have momentum from the satellite in geo stationary orbit, it looses that and drifts off in speed from rotational speed compared to Earth surface.

I got the impression the poster thought because it looks down on the spot, it could also be the one that released it. From my little understanding about orbital mechanics, that's very complicated thing to do and would

- bleed of a lot of energy
- make detection more easy
- not make sense at all

By being the satt that releases it doesn't have to mean it was holding it in space. It might be able to more accurately define the target and the exact instant of release from something in the air positioned to be releasing the rods.

But this concept is too fantastic to be likely the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

So technically it is not releasing it but giving command to a different contraption releasing it, destroying the original idea it would have been the same satellite.

Semantics and goal posts moved a lot here

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
I forgot how to look into the geological history of specific locations. It'd be interesting to see the rumbling before the fireworks.

I guess the early warning sensors are ka bonk?

heres one

edit on (1/20/2222 by loveguy because:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the explosion wasn't natural, anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I saw somewhere a satellite photo showing the shock waves.

That looked just like the shock waves from old photos from the 50's and 60's nuke tests.

Looks like a nuke to me. Some are saying it was from a Russian submarine, a type of warning to the idiots in the Pentagon to be careful with Russia.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join