It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont know how i missed this song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What a song man, and you can hear the passion in Aarons voice, hits all the right spots and asks all the right questions.

I left Nashville back in 2012, and Ive watched country music just go to complete hell, its good to see some good ones still out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I heard about this song because of all the Leftists that were hating on it and trying to cancel Aaron Lewis. I went and purchased it immediately to show my support.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yeah, it's good.

And, NO, you ain't the only one.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I heard about this song because of all the Leftists that were hating on it and trying to cancel Aaron Lewis. I went and purchased it immediately to show my support.

Lol I did the same tonight!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Yeah, it's good.

And, NO, you ain't the only one.

Amen brother

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yea, Aaron Lewis has quite a few good country songs.

I think this is his newest song.

You will probably like this one too..

And if you like that you will probably like this..

Or maybe some Creed...

edit on 1/18/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When one writes a song that has a home in the songwriters heart, the listener feels it. I understand you left Nashville , but I'm sure your heart is still there.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There's still a bunch of great music coming out of Nashville, but you're not going to hear it on the radio.

Check out Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Margo Price, Chris Stapleton, Brent Cobb, Jason Isbell, etc.

I believe the genre is referred to as "alternative country" if you want to dive deeper.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Yea, Aaron Lewis has quite a few good country songs.

I think this is his newest song.

You will probably like this one too..

And if you like that you will probably like this..

Or maybe some Creed...

Thank you for posting these! I love it, I cant believe i havent been more a part of this part of the forum lol

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
When one writes a song that has a home in the songwriters heart, the listener feels it. I understand you left Nashville , but I'm sure your heart is still there.

Always will be my friend, there and Texas! But we all have to do what we have to do, Funilly enough ive started writing again this year and this has kind of spurred me a bit.

Never know what might happen i reckon!

Hope things are ok on your side of the pond friend

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
There's still a bunch of great music coming out of Nashville, but you're not going to hear it on the radio.

Check out Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Margo Price, Chris Stapleton, Brent Cobb, Jason Isbell, etc.

I believe the genre is referred to as "alternative country" if you want to dive deeper.

I love Chris Jason and Surgill, It does crack me up though that they are calling it "alternative country" when their sound is more traditional then whats being pumped out lol

Thanks for turning me on to the others ill be adding them to my play list!

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I don't know much about Margo Price or Jason Isbell, but Joejack is right on all other counts. It's now alternative country, the artists fall in many categories such as red dirt, blues, bluegrass, southern rock, country western or even folk.

In my opinion the closest to original country is Cody Jinks, Cody Johnson, or maybe Frank foster, but there are a lot of good artist putting out good music, most just meandre between genres. Luckily I've rediscovered it just in the last few years, so I have had plenty to catch up on. I didn't even know about Jamey Johnson.

(remember your reaction when his voice drops. If you don't know him you will be suprised.)

There is alot more out there. After I found a few obscure artist I jist searched for them on whatever music service I'm using and let it play like artists. You will finds all kinds of stuff.
edit on 1/24/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join