It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot believe MY cognitive dissonance!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Now, I try and discuss this with pro-jabbing friends – they want NOTHING to do with it.

Don't be discouraged, their own cognitive dissonance will force that reaction. But maybe, one or two will reflect on your words when they are alone and start the process just as you did. Stories like yours are essential to breaking the narrative, congratulations for being strong enough to see through it all.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You should be proud of yourself for understanding how this came about in your psychology and then knowing how to fight your way out of it to clarity. And having the humility to change your mind. That's huge.

I think what happened to you is very common.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Don’t apologize friend , their brainwashing techniques are strong . They’ve been brainwashing us since they knew they could . I’m so glad you snapped out of it . I hope the rest of the world follows suit . Great job ! It’s not easy to admit you were wrong and change your mind . If 25% of the people out there did what you were able to we’d better so much smarter and tougher to bs . We need to keep shouting from the mountaintop . We’re not taking this enslavement anymore .

We don’t need corporate masters to tell me what to think and feel and what to do . I’m good with doing that myself .
The media needs to be put to death for treason . They are helping the global elite to take all our freedom . They’re all globalists with no love for the USA . They are not Americans , they’re evil scum . If you are helping our enemy take our freedoms away then you are guilty of treason and deserve a firing squad

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My Son and wife got theirs right off because they love to travel and they thought their lives would return to normal. They also trusted. They have been ill every since and say after 2 no booster. I am hoping but I am afraid with his heart acting up and she looks like death, both athletes and runners perfect weight and so on it does not look good already!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LABTECH767

As far as mRNA and vaccines go, the approach is similar to methods used to make vaccines now. Where it differs is in how it uses your own cells to replicate certain proteins for the immune system to target. But we've been making vaccines out of very small protein snippets of viruses for a while.

However I would point out that the whole virus approach was always better, irradiated virus that were basically no longer able to infect but which had there entire protein sheath more or less intact allowed immune systems to actually respond more readily and learn to fight them off better than this partial approach.

Like any virus the covid has more than one Protein structure on it's sheath, proteins which act as enzymes allowing the virus to pass through the cell walls and also helping them to integrate there genetic material into the cell nucleus (I don't know of any virus that attacks the mitochondria but likely there have been or even are out there and most virus are actually beneficial such as bacteriophage which attack bacteria).

Then they would be irradiated so as to destroy the viral genes leaving as much of the protein sheath intact as possible, sometimes this left a damaged but less lethal virus and so there was still a risk of infection but either way when this was given to a recipient there immune system was given a taste of the live (they are not actually alive in any sense except when they are in a cell and have taken it over but I digress) virus and so allow the immune system to respond by creating tailored immune cells programmed to respond to the particular protein signatures of the virus sheath.

If the recipient then became infected with the real virus there immune system already had it's immune cell's ready to fight it off and so the infection was less severe and they survived.

However it has been a long time since I took AS level classes in Biology.

I do not therefore accept that the mRNA Jab's are Vaccines, they simply do not fit the definition of a vaccine, no immunity, no prevention of spreading it and the only claim they keep making is that you still catch it but it is less severe, how do they even prove that claim which is spurious at best and really bad science at worst.

It is true that with the classic inactivated virus vaccines, your immune system is presented with the multitude of different proteins, polysaccharides, and lipids that constitute the body of the virus, and your immune system treats each one of those as an antigen and starts manufacturing antibodies for all those different antigens. On the other hand, the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) present only the spike protein as an antigen and your immune system makes antibodies only for the spike protein.

Your mistake is in assuming that more different types of antibodies must be better. The problem is that most of the antibodies produced by the inactivated virus types of vaccines are not neutralizing antibodies. They will react with the infecting virus but will have no effect on actually killing it. From the standpoint of fighting off an infection, they are useless.

This is why the Chinese SinoPharm vaccine--which is a classic inactivated virus type--has been found to be less effective in large scale use than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. This is exactly opposite to what your theory would predict.

Here is a very small study from Bahrain, where the SinoPharm vaccine is in widespread use:

www.sciencedirect.com...

The main points:

"Out of 22 double dose recipients of SARS COV2 vaccine, 20 were infected. Those 20 were vaccinated against SARS COV 2 using Sinopharm, the rest (2) were in direct contact with the source but were vaccinated against SARS COV 2 using other type of vaccine. Out of 26 single dose recipients of Sinopharm vaccine, 23 were infected. ....

Conlcusion
Sinopharm provides partial protection against SARS COV 2 infection. That might be due to lack of its potential to detect recent variations in the protein structure of spike(S) protein of virus."

Here is a larger study from Hungary, which happens to be a country where all the different types of vaccines have been in use. They were able to compare the effectiveness of the different types, in a head-to-head matchup:

www.sciencedirect.com...

The main points:

"After adjustment for age, sex and calendar day, the estimated effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 infection was as follows: Pfizer-BioNTech: 83.3% (95% CI 82.6%–83.9%); Moderna: 88.7% (95% CI 86.6%–90.4%); Sputnik-V 85.7% (95% CI 84.3%–86.9%); AstraZeneca: 71.5% (95% CI 69.2%–73.6%); Sinopharm: 68.7% (95% CI 67.2%–70.1%)"

in other words, the mRNA types were most effective, the adenovirus vector types were very close behind, and the inactivated virus types were significantly less effective, in that order.

Inactivated virus type vaccines can also have a higher risk of causing side effects than the mRNA types. For example, the J&J, AstraZeneca, and Russian Sputnik vaccines all use inactivated adenoviruses as the carrier to get the genetic instructions for producing spike proteins into your cells. It has recently been shown that it is the presence of the adenovirus carrier (not the spike protein) in the J&J, AstraZeneca and Sputnik vaccines that causes an autoimmune response that creates the blood clots.

www.nature.com...-CR2

It appears that the adenovirus vector types of vaccines are also linked to BOTH pericarditis and blood clots, while the mRNA types are linked to only pericarditis/myocarditis:

www.bmj.com...

So, in spite of what your gut feeling might have you believe, the data says that mRNA vaccines are both more effective and have fewer side effects than the alternatives.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The only people who tell you to get the vax who honestly think you need it are your friends who were conned into it and if you take it they don't feel so stupid. If you point out black & white, clear, indisputable evidence why it's not a good idea they will get offended because you're basically calling them stupid. So they dig their heels in and will not budge, they will probably go get the booster they had doubts about hoping to prove you wrong. Because otherwise they are stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”

― George Orwell, 1984

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

BRAVO,OP!

My multi-vaxxed mother is finally starting to come around to seeing it all clearly again...as have you.

Unfortunately, my multi-vaxxed sister may still be a lost cause.
I continue to hold out hope for her.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

This is my first post in almost a year and a half, I came out of the shadows to say thanks! I believe this is the way we will start to heal, by coming together as a people and standing firm against this monolithic tyranny!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think there is a ton of cognitive dissonances on both sides of the debate here, and the internet is very compliant to support that. People for the vaccine want to ignore everything else and people against do the same. I for one do not fear either the vaccine or virus, so my decisions are purely based on the best course of action for me personally.

I could tell you that with my whole family vaccinated and 90% of those who I work with and a lot of friends none had issues with the vaccine and none have had anything short of mild reactions with the few who got COVID. A good number of those who got COVID and are unvacced told me it was the worse flu they ever had in their life.

This doesn't mean that people do not have issues with the vaccine and that people unvacced can't have mild cases too, but both sides really do not care and are fully locked and loaded with their cognitive dissonance that they feed with every one of these posts.

edit on 18-1-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bounder
The only people who tell you to get the vax who honestly think you need it are your friends who were conned into it and if you take it they don't feel so stupid. If you point out black & white, clear, indisputable evidence why it's not a good idea they will get offended because you're basically calling them stupid. So they dig their heels in and will not budge, they will probably go get the booster they had doubts about hoping to prove you wrong. Because otherwise they are stupid.

That would be a good debate for you to bring that "black & white, clear, indisputable evidence" to the table, lets play...lol

edit on 18-1-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Mehhh .. sorry the vaccines bad, but I took it in the end because I had no choice… cause in the end, we all have no choice, and I thought I’d share this why? To get everyone to take it …
Sorry shill I ain’t taking ur crap .
What? Someone had to say it.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That was a gutsy admission and gives us a solid look at the psycho-mechanics of how belief systems come in being and how we can be coerced in to staying with them. This is vital to understand if we ever hope to sway anyone of their blind belief in the MoReofNuthAn jabs. People double down if threatened. It can only work with people who trust your opinion already and are willing to open that closet door full of scary monsters.
edit on 18-1-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When you make a decision to do something, you tend to surround yourself with others that have similar beliefs. It is an "of a kind" relationship we for some reason create. We want to justify our decision so look for things that reinforce our beliefs and avoid things that could show we are wrong.

That is normal....I am not normal though, I look carefully at the evidence on both size and also I find how the evidence was collected. I also look for missing information that is relevant in people's writings and of course, I check the wording to see if they are making us believe we are reading something but in essence they are steering us to make our own wrong conclusion of what they said. This is real common these days, it is a magician"s ploy. They say things in a way to deceive us without coming out and outright lying.

The societies we have created are not real, we are taught to accept a deception and if you do not accept the deception than you are delusional since the vast majority of others believes it. That is the way it is in this reality that the authors have created....authors and authoritarians are similar, they write the script that has to be followed if you want to participate in the reality we are bound to.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There's nothing about this shot that's normal.

When I got mine, I treated it like I do my choice on whether or not I get a flu shot every year, but it's clearly become a political or even religious experience to far too many.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's still might be too late health-wise, but at least you figured out what authorities are doing to humankind, before getting your first booster.

Wishing you good luck over the long term, in spite of what has been injected into your body.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Question:
Which side of the dissonance debate has an enormous financial stake in their narrative, and wouldn't they be extremely interested in influencing you to choose your "best course of action"?

What does the other side have to gain?
edit on 1 18 2022 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That took balls of steel regardless of what anyone says

edit on 18-1-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think ur missing the point…the underlying message here is “I took the jab, u should too” .
U know what he’s doing.
Scepticism is ur friend.
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Question:
Which side of the dissonance debate has an enormous financial stake in their narrative, and wouldn't they be extremely interested in influencing you to choose your "best course of action"?

What does the other side have to gain?

Well one side is not just 1 or 2 big pharma, its companies all over the world doing the same thing with mRNA, so unless they are all working together, 10,000s of people working hard to make the vaccines etc etc then the vaccines are not made to get you.

On the other hand you have individuals out to make money with their videos, so where is the incentive to make money? Then you just have government trying to use the pandemic as a control tool and so why should people trust the vaccine if they can't trust the Goverment?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join