It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First operational S500 done with trials and is on duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
tital says it all and the video is super cool

question is if the claim are true.

saying it can hit MARV/MIRV and hypersonic glide bodies and aircraft as well as an ASAT role.

i think think is a dangerous system but being hyped up a bit.

i wonder what space base threats Russia is worried about.......... maybe it is a response to overflights of LEO fly overs over us ISR assets

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well its got to ve able to track our LEO assets first...a reply to: noscopebacon

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

the ASAT and Russia's interesting worry about US space assets as if they are two different things

it looks like a potent missile but like you said if it cant track the best missile is just a flying telephone pole with a littlle booom boom

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Everyone is developing ASAT weapons. The ability to knock out GPS and its equivalent, as well as ISR and early warning satellites is huge. Potential opponents, in a near peer war, have been watching how the US fights and our reliance on satellites. If they can knock out our satellites, and reduce our capabilities, they can even the playing field somewhat.

posted on Jan, 17 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

it would take a pretty big missile to get out to GPS sat orbits

i mean if we can get them there a substantially lighter impactor might make it but that's along way.

are Russia, China and the US the only ones with GPS?

i can see it taking out lower NRO type stuff, but even back to MISTY they were using and deploying in space various stealthy methods of hiding satellites.

We also, back in the 80's had ways of putting up 'emergency' satellites. that surly is still around with private and military and NASA rockets ready at almost a notice moment(for a rocket launch).

and if they destroyed ours the hail of satellite debris would cloud HUGE orbits with Mach 20 buck shot

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

They were testing out the F-15s capability back in the 80`s, I imagine were a bit further along than led to believe.
F-15 Sat Killer.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

That would be why new ASAT systems are being developed. The S500 is far from the only system Russia and China are developing. There was a satellite recently detected in orbit that was apparently capable of maneuvering close to other satellites and either attaching to it, or detonating near it. In addition to that, there have been multiple recent tests showing new missiles and warheads.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There have been reports of Russia/China doing passive attacks on US sats as well.
Satelite attacks
edit on 18-1-2022 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Our current ASAT weapon is one of the SM series used by Aegis. After Congress killed the ASM-135 as a treaty violation, ASAT became a low priority system.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i just seems like hitting others satellites it like crippling your enemy and yourself at the same time.

and the people that shut down global communications will be even more of a bad guy

i could see something attaching its self to the satellite and deorbiting it, that way your own satellites don't have any concern of being hit by stray shrapnel

top topics

join