It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cant find a way to cancle my membership

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
can someone here cancel my membership here please

im so tired of this sites double edge swords depending on who is saying what.

disappointing at best

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Just stop posting. Your threads and posts stay....

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I've just cancelled it for you.

All you need to do now, is not log back in.

That will be 11 bitcoins, thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Welcome to that hotel CaliforniašŸ˜

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon

disappointing at best

say something nasty about me and they will grant your wish. break the T&C

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   

disappointing at best

Sorry to see you leave, please feel free to reach out for posting advice if you ever change your mind.

The rules are strictly enforced, but how something is phrased has a significant and predictable effect on what triggers enforcement and what does not.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

disappointing at best

say something nasty about me and they will grant your wish. break the T&C

That actually will work.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

i was reprimanded for talking in a covid thread

but i was never contacted or asked to change my post, the person/people who did that could have pm'ed me and we could have had a civil discussion about what rules were broken

all i got was a rubber stamp post saying i was warned and that my posts were removed

how is that constructive, if you don't tell the person what they did wrong how can they change their behavior?

also it would lend to a friendlier staff/volunteer/whatever relationship to us surfs.

At the Admin level why is it okay to not have an open dialogue with a member who has a post removed and why? and let the member have a chance to bring the post into ATS guidelines or have it removed.

i think a lot of bad feelings and friction would be remedied if these simple steps were taken.

who police the police?

and why is questioning or wanting an explanation in good faith of being in line with the T and C's a problem?

i didn't write them, but i read them and it is clearly written in a vague way to let people do as they see fit when they don't like what people post or the person posting.

i have requested from the person who removed my posts a reason, and it goes unanswered and that is why i called us normals, surfs.

we have no recourse or appeal process and that isn't fair, if a person makes a mistake should they not be given a chance to fix it or at the very least a reason why.

we are a community and every community has rules but they also give their citizens/members a way to rectify the situation with out being silenced or have a mark put on them.

i could put so many posts from mods that break T and C's but are still up and i bet didn't get a warning, why is that?

maybe ATS should add some new blood to the police force here, not me, but some others outside the club.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 02:46 AM
link   

i love this place and it really is sad that i have come to fear posting out of getting banned for something trivial with no 2 way communications

if that is how the site wants to run its self i have the real names and ways to talk to the people i can but alot of people i cant.

i have been a lurker here for almost 20 years

i don't think wanting communication is a request that is over the top or asking to much of the staff here.

if they don't have time to do that because they say they are only volunteers maybe its time to find some new volunteers

if you got pulled over by a police officer and they just hand you a blank ticked with and no explanation how would people feel about that?

banning, temp banning, warning people and removing their posts with no dialogue is the same thing.

why not put on the removed posts why they were removed, a real written response from the mod/admin/whoever took it down.

copy and pasting responses is lazy at best and an abuse of power at worse, if it is important enough to remove than everyone should see why it was removed and not held in secret under threat of being banned

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I can't think of a single poster here that hasnt had a post or more likely multiple posts deleted for reasons the mods have or T&C's.

What makes your situation different then everyone else that has gone through the same?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

that's my whole point

did you read my posts?

i don't care if it was removed, but i also think there should be a 2 way conversation that allows the poster to come into T and C guidelines

and i think we need a a way to have our case be seen in public not in pm's under punishment of being banned, if the mod felt so strongly to remove a post they should say why they did in the box that says post was removed.

appeal process would be nice as well.

when you jsut remove posts with no 2 way dialogue and opportunity to change it that is kind of crazy.

at the very least copy and past PM's shouldn't be okay to warn members.

i have NO idea what i said about covid that got me introuble

i was in USAF Pararescue, and worked in hospitals as mobile stoke units and as a regular emt.

i know alot about medical stuff and jargon.

so my opinion and facts that i state come from a place of knowledge, not to mention the fact everyone but me and my mom and dad are doctors in my family, and my brother but he's in the Marines and striking out for their equivalent quick reaction rescue missions as a medic.

i have more medical knowledge that the staff member who removed my post.

and i still don't know why after PM'ing them

i mean if your okay with copy and paste answers that mean NOTHING coming from other mods how another mod removed your post, that's fine but it smacks of the temptation to abuse that power because like i have said anything that is said is in PM and T/C's say all PM's are private

if your a staff member acting in that roll nothing should be behind the PM wall, ill admit its a nice work around but come on.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Grow up. I've been here since 2008 and everybody gets their hand slapped every once in a while. You can be honest in your opinion, just don't break the T & C by being vulgar or attacking another poster. If you're ready to bail after a few days, maybe you don't belong in an adult conversation.
edit on 15-1-2022 by DAVID64 because: ham fingers

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Welcome to that hotel CaliforniašŸ˜

NICE

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You make a fair point and raise an interesting question.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You might want to cancel the Internet altogether.. some. So much more than double Edge swords out there.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

1.You have only been here a very short time don't give up yet.
2.Don't listen to some of the advice you have been given either.
3.There are threads that will help you on your journey through
ATS look for them.
4.If you are serious about quitting,just stop posting.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Plenty of other places with less restrictive posting guidelines throughout the internet...

That said most here have spent some time on a post or thread only for it to be ******banned*****.Ā Who gives a ----, I post mostly to get something off my chest, or something interesting in the real world happened. Once it's posted, whatever happens, happens.

I'd try REDDIT you just need to find the right sub/Reddit and you will get responses and they usually are much less restrictive, be careful what you wish for, however

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

disappointing at best

I have read some of your posts and think that your logic and attitude represent good ATS attributes.
You need to have a thicker skin.
There are so many great members here, it makes up for those with bad communication skills and attitudes.
Stick around and be part of it.
Remember that the Ying and Yang require each other.

edit on 15-1-2022 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

disappointing at best

I have read some of your posts and think that your logic and attitude represent good ATS attributes.
You need to have a thicker skin.
There are so many great members here, it makes up for those with bad communication skills and attitudes.
Stick around and be part of it.
Remember that the Ying and Yang require each other.

I agree... think I got slapped down in a 911 thread, in one of my first ever posts. Don't think I posted again for another 2 years, no doubt for a number of reasons, But never stopped reading. Now I get slapped down at least once a month it seems
edit on 15-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join