It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Pyatt passed away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Our old friend (and nemesis, for some) Stephen Pyatt (Marduk) died Saturday 1-8-22.

Marduk was an expert in Assyriology and could read some cuneiform. He had recently published a scholarly paper concerning the origin of dragon legends that was so well received by Academia that he was the guest of several dignitaries and scholars from England (one from the House of Lords,) Korea and elsewhere.

Known for biting sarcasm, blunt posting, and a short fuse, Marduk was banned from here twice that I know of and returned under two other names (both banned) afterward.
I was the one that talked him into coming back here in his last iteration - as Marduk (he had been unblocked.)

The amount of knowledge Marduk gifted me with is beyond my attempt to enumerate. Let me just say that I am GREATLY indebted to him. So are the rest of you, if you ever read his posts.

Goodbye my old and true friend. I miss you already.

Harte
edit on 1/9/2022 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Our old friend (and nemesis, for some) Stephen Pyatt (Marduk) died Saturday 1-8-22.

Marduk was an expert in Assyriology and could read some cuneiform. He had recently published a scholarly paper concerning the origin of dragon legends that was so well received by Academia that he was the guest of several dignitaries and scholars from England (one from the House of Lords,) Korea and elsewhere.

Known for biting sarcasm, blunt posting, and a short fuse, Marduk was banned from here twice that I know of and returned under two other names (both banned) afterward.
I was the one that talked him into coming back here in his last iteration - as Marduk (he had been unblocked.)

The amount of knowledge Marduk gifted me with is beyond my attempt to enumerate. Let me just say that I am GREATLY indebted to him. So are the rest of you, if you ever read his posts.

Goodbye my old and true friend. I miss you already.

Harte

Sorry for your and ATS's loss...

Highlights one of the best things about ATS it attracts some heavy-duty minds from a lot of diverse areas of expertise.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

May he rest in peace and find the mysterious that elude us upon this mortal plane.

May God watch over his family.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 1/9/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Sorry to read this. He was one of a kind.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When a community loses one of their own the whole circle is at a loss.RIP.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

A true shame, sorry to hear this. Btw, what did he die from?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Every death is the loss of a whole universe ...from our perspective.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Oh .....

Not been in contact with him since he sent me the draft of his book. At least I have that to remember him by

We were always planning to meet up for a few drinks but just never got around to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Steve died of cancer.
He only found out he had it a month or two ago.

Had a young son as well, just two or three years old, I think.

He sure was proud of that boy. Loved him to pieces.

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wow soo sorry to read this, I never read his post, but soo sad he is now gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I remember him for bashing the first post I ever made on ATS, which got me thinking, and actually, for which I am thankful.

Anyone who gets you using your intellect is a great asset, and I will never forget Marduk for 'breaking me in' here, and am sorry to hear he is gone. I'll raise a glass in toast to him, and his writings will remain for us, here here

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh man, that's terrible news!

Rest in peace, brother.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

RIP Marduk. It's always sad to hear such news about people, with whom I interacted on here (even if only anonymously).

Just as Fowlerstoad wrote in a post above, I also remember him putting the historical record straight in my threads. In fact, whenever he replied, I instantly knew there was some serious debate ahead!

May he find peace and comfort, wherever he may now be...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The name sounds familiar as one of the more well researched posters on here.

Your post was nice. Is his research on dragons posted in here?
Now I will go back to see how many people already asked that question
edit on am31Thursdayam13155304am by atlantiswatusi because: brian make dumby

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
RiP
He was the reason why I joined ats

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi
Steve's dragon myth origin theory hasn't been posted anywhere on the internet.
But I can tell you (because I've read it,) it's thoroughly researched and very compelling.

Harte

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's download links for some of Steve's correspondences concerning his theory. Hope they work here.
www.facebook.com... LdpxlJg&hash=AcpDGCdkQwxz_poLKIc&__cft__[0]=AZVzj15eizaOIdm6vNvaCi5SXJzpiERTQd33olewZUdbJIpQBlQ0EMnWOiUBKortPrvGfiLIExWNDbqyV9Sf9gT8wLQ2FlcLT1hIqojmx2 WCf-qibqfeenAY0ebqOLTt7QYMPKT4Or3608LNIRMCS0UUnxtZmfSHQGy2w14Hq0U0J0PJ78TnRPJzvkgo38prTWlb2aj9GJ7EKnDT-GceViio&__tn__=H-R

www.facebook.com... kJRs&hash=AcrqvqUb61is4PhBoRc&__cft__[0]=AZVe4t9G7HK06k1cE95N-bwtcQ8yMahN3VIVl3C4XdJhYHl2V4cqY1RijV1P7C-BWy1fyEdscSmhn18Wmwjj5zdkRxJyy3bNlsdXAx-8Orr-A a_30dozJFNkFOB2Ri0mbjINhy_eO-9eenOn5OUOUZ7oy4ub5e_wCph0721R1UA--UC7GSKYgt18RBNSccoKGgYK1cKI651z6MuUl4lwHMWe&__tn__=H-R

www.facebook.com... DiIM&hash=AcrsBIWu9LwamMQCfgo&__cft__[0]=AZVJC_BelCPX-Lye6qFp0ZkmEL_lUGw_gNOQJrGR6ihux31Sq2aD3iXdRg2l4C7pMKcAG4OcvmTy1_RSbZ0knIwUm2caC4r1c2ayQKUy-U0xt BDDWU5ILFSIK0PZZR59OsBlgj6kl1dQj7NezzTJvGuJLYYFgAqZ0OAsEwjBFHnCLHsTeSCgUceWVYpwLe_q-dKLPGIUeB2YI9eD3Hq1U-KS&__tn__=H-R

www.facebook.com... XRuss&hash=Acp2QvXVzuUjb6Q-VJE&__cft__[0]=AZVhMUN01kGquQO-zlfC1hZaKezprm_UEvmhGcF4cYkoVdLMRbBawJgj7BVQHpYv1XP3WnIv9D9qTpnGWt_N-9xoAT3vr_0uEm0UcGwjh5E0 Pu5YWctDorx7YzQhqDxKDO6bs3yxDabwpvpTxvmBUdQWjQDBx3YizDyhnk-IwsfzrKirFThOzDhA4vm62FwlBLVa2XEXoqZqFQaaYZ0Qv5EL&__tn__=H-R

www.facebook.com... A&hash=AcqiR456h7stlzlGxhc&__cft__[0]=AZUNu0IbL--rp1AQ2zb9tAPhW2UTiOpVaaWupivvEbwLgBmhGemvuQwEjlcmF7SfoBmFzfxR6lrOVlnhRCquMV_e0_eAoGiKMjmNzfLvHwC1mASL 9RIOMw42pVIKcIiqpI3lp5KaogYEQFBrxkHGKcBFoi5VXYz9LRN02Dg5Qse6Djaez_C3MEaT43h7C4NJEP4ZJQWXIon25RhRwVi-J0yJ&__tn__=H-R

Harte

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thank you.Stuff like this needs to be saved and shared.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join