It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something paranormal changed my life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Eight years ago something strange happened to me. I was taking a nap during the early afternoon hours and suddenly I felt something SLAM into my chest. It felt like a giant ball of electricity slammed into my chest . Even though it lasted only a few seconds, it was strong and powerful enough to make me bolt straight up from my laying position. It scared me immensely. I had no idea what it was and it bothered me for awhile and then I just shook it off because nothing else followed.

At approximately 11 pm that night while trying to sleep, I began to have terrible chest pains and waited until the next day to seek medical help. As it was, I had a heart attack. I felt very lethargic and not worried at all. For some reason, I wasn’t worried or panicked at all when I was told I had a heart attack. Didn’t feel anything really.

Since that time, I am convinced that whatever it was that slammed into my chest, somehow changed something in my brain, electrically or chemically. Was it a warning of what was to come? Doctors that I told it to said they hadn’t heard of anything like that happening before and it likely wasn’t related to the heart attack.

The moment something slammed into my chest was the same moment I as a person changed. Was a 30 yr smoker and stopped smoking on my own that very day, with no withdrawals whatsoever. Never had a single one and still I have no urges or cravings for a cigarette. I no longer cared about much of anything I used to like doing. Such as: gardening, yard work, cooking, baking, playing Words with Friends, Doing genealogy, shopping, etc. I went from what could be called a horder in training to throwing everything out that I don’t need. To include family heirlooms. I used to be a night owl, now I go to sleep early every night without fail. I also used to have Seasonal Affective Disorder extremely bad and now I don’t have it at all.

If you say the heart attack scared me into changing, you are wrong. I have tried to make that the reason I have changed, but it is not the reason. The ball of electricity in my chest was what changed me.

I’m not the same person anymore, not even close. I don’t think the same, I don’t dress the same, I don’t enjoy anything that I used to. Music was my life before and when I realized it wasn’t anymore, I had to MAKE myself listen to the music again and learn to love it again. Thank god I got my love of music back.

I don’t say I had a near death experience, but something happened. And it is constantly on my mind why I am a different person. I do take anti depressants, but I am not depressed now, I’m just not myself. I’m a different person and it freaks me out. I feel it is paranormal and would love to know if anyone else has had this happen or know of it happening to anyone?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MauraDeCrapola

Sometimes... as the veil between worlds is thinning these days...one can run into one of their other selfs.

Sometime, we move along side by side. Past, present and future. You may have been jolted by that "consciousness".

Happened to me once. God bless
edit on 01221631America/ChicagoSat, 08 Jan 2022 15:56:16 -060056202200000016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Did your hand writing change, or do you suddenly have new abilities you did not have before.. like understanding a different language, or new strange memories of something that does not feel like your own ? Just trying to figure out if your spirit got merged by a past life experience.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

There is one thing that I have discovered I love doing and that is embroidery, for some strange reason. I'm good at it too. Never occurred to me before to try it, because one other thing that the old me did, was never finish anything!! Now I can finish projects and embroidery projects with no problem.

I don't think my handwriting has changed. I've lost so much of myself, but have gained the ability to embroider and complete things I was super ADHD and that has changed too.
I refer to myself as the old me and the new me.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Please forgive me if I'm wrong. The words you use and the way you use them make me think you are a middle aged woman.

That said, everything seems normal. The Good Lord has a twisted sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Through out life I have had certain times when I wake out of a sleep with a sudden dread and the clear thought that I don’t want to die. I can never remember why I was afraid, there is no fading dream, just this thought like someone just told me how and when I die, but then I cannot remember upon waking, I only have the thought and fear. I don’t normally worry about death so it really stands out when it happens.

I have also had an out of body and on return I had an intense tingling all over. Maybe it could have been electrical like but there was no pain.
I guess the point I’m making is do you think you had an out of body and when returning it triggered a heart attack? Maybe you received some information that shocked you so much it affected you physically on returning to your body. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Little less paranormal,
but...It may help to know I had two Doc's pull me aside when my husband had bypass surgery & again when he had another small heart attack that I should expect changes in his personality. It's apparently fairly common. Not to diminish your experience, just thought you'd want to know.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Those changes in personality are usually depression and anxiety.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
How interesting. I try to see things like this from more than one perspective. The heart attack may have been a physiological manifestation of what happened on a spiritual level.

I have read about "walk-ins" in Dolores Cannon's The Convoluted Universe series. Don't ask me which volume! But I have heard of cases where the resident soul is "done" with experiencing life in their current body, and another steps in. It can cause personality changes. Usually the person is none the wiser, but if you are a very sensitive person, you may have felt it.

But I think there are probably a number of possible explanations for this, and it may be that they all hold a bit of truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Incredible experience. Go with your heart, er, literally & figuratively in this instance. Never look a gift jolt in the...um...you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i do not want to scare you but i am currently reading a book and it sounds like you might have a demonic possession case. Read this book. you can get it at the library and see if anything they describe in the book is something you can relate to.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0wNwFFqV9-V7Ur pEJwvUBGxN-scTcJmMXJB4XihPRkCLDsIp2KzU10aAqgvEALw_wcB&hvadid=356288367553&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9004009&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12373266208453396379&hvtarg id=kwd-777572022851&hydadcr=22531_10353738&keywords=demonic+foes&qid=1641692505&sr=8-1
edit on 8-1-2022 by HODOSKE because: mistake

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Sometimes... as the veil between worlds is thinning these days...one can run into one of their other selfs.

Sometime, we move along side by side. Past, present and future. You may have been jolted by that "consciousness".

Happened to me once. God bless

Okay my friend, even on a site such as this you can't drop a bombshell like that in 3-4 sentences, especially since your description is damn eerily to how my episode happened.

Links or where to find more above this phenomenon and I'll see if I can find my original post about this I always thought it was like a time slip

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hello. You did not tell about any relationships that were current in your life at that time. No person is an island. Also had you been using any type of psychedelic substances previously or during this time? Had you had any preliminary psychic experiences which you could say later that they led up to the experience?

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
i do not want to scare you but i am currently reading a book and it sounds like you might have a demonic possession case.

Awww. C'mon. Why would a demon try to make a person quit smoking and get healthy?

There's many possible paranormal explanations of this.
1. It could be a telepathic connection to another person (alive) who healed Maura because it wasn't the time for Maura to die of a heart attack.
2. Maura could have done some sort of self-healing paranormal telekinesis.
3. Guardian angel theory
4. It could be a future person in Maura's life who didn't want Maura to die who projected telekinetic healing into the past to save Maura.

There's all kinds of paranormal ways that Maura was healed from the heart attack.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Sounds like your heart chakra burst open. That's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Time connection : not slip.

As stated, I'm a 5th Gen maternal side sensitive....4 th Gen Paternal.

I am not psychic, but "sensitive"....a gift from God.

My family was all Reverends, Pastors and Ministers...back to 1793.

I'm telling you: the "jolt" you felt....the heart attach ( me too)... Was a connection with your life-force/eternal spirit.

It hit ..it wasn't your time....and BOOM!

Much ltr.....here we are speaking

It was not your time.

God bless...PM if....

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yes...it's possible to reach out and into that world thru Astral travel, meditation and prayer.

It exists as we do.

MS

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

PS Find your purpose for surviving. There is one.
👍🧘

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
because demons are the master of deception and illusion.a reply to: MapMistress

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Did you notice a change in your husband? If so, how?

I first thought that was the problem, but then I notice too many things about me have changed.
For instance I use to love to eat tomatoes..... Now, I can take them or leave them.
I used to love reading... I haven't read a book in 8 yrs.
I used to love gardening.. I was obsessed with it... now I haven't gardened anything in 8 yrs.
I used to love to collect cast iron sewing machines, I'm so ready to get rid of them now.
All my collections I've given away or will give away soon.
Etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

I don't see a change in my personality, I see a change in me. Too much of a change.

new topics

top topics

join