It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministry Of Truth Removes Chloroquine Study on SARS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So I saved this study over a year ago on Chloroquine and SARS. They found years ago that Chloroquine creates an enzyme that digests the spikes on the membrane. I read the entire things long ago and made sure I thoroughly understood it. Then I bookmarked it in my COVID folder.

I went to cite it yesterday. I found the study itself has now been removed from the NIH website. In place of it they say this

Abstract
Background: Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results: We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion: Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds

They literally removed that data that proved it worked beyond the narrative they are putting out. There was a full study with all types of information, now all we get are talking points.

Here is the link: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This is NOT what you do when the data supports the narratives. How much other data that we think is raw is being censored? Anyone with any common sense should know by now the data proved the narrative wrong, that's why it had to be destroyed. This class of drugs is not over the counter, so there was no reason to remove the data except to make sure the narratives cannot be proven wrong with factual information on sites like the NIH.

This is right up there with India refusing to publish what they put in their prophylaxes kits that knocked out COVID in the Uttar Pradesh region (200+ MILLION people live there). Lots of experts are saying those kits shipped to the population to prevent COVID contained this same class of drugs.

2022 = 1984
edit on 7-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Big Pharma can't make money on cheap drugs , there is your reason .

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

clown world.
it just is.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They knew from the Start of this Pandemic that Hydroxychloroquine was an extremely effective drug at fighting SARS .

Which is why from the start of the Pandemic they started this completely irrational attack on HCQ .

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wayback machine

I'm not seeing what's different from 1/1/21.... or even from may 2020.

what am I missing?

edit on 7-1-2022 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

This leaves the question of why would a government push a cure for an illness that is ineffective, and ban drugs that actually stop it. At some point, Criminal stupidity dissolves into, premeditated forethought.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

perhaps this is the expanded article the OP was searching for?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet
So I saved this study over a year ago on Chloroquine and SARS. They found years ago that Chloroquine creates an enzyme that digests the spikes on the membrane. I read the entire things long ago and made sure I thoroughly understood it. Then I bookmarked it in my COVID folder.

I went to cite it yesterday. I found the study itself has now been removed from the NIH website. In place of it they say this

Abstract
Background: Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results: We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion: Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds

They literally removed that data that proved it worked beyond the narrative they are putting out. There was a full study with all types of information, now all we get are talking points.

Here is the link: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

This is NOT what you do when the data supports the narratives. How much other data that we think is raw is being censored? Anyone with any common sense should know by now the data proved the narrative wrong, that's why it had to be destroyed. This class of drugs is not over the counter, so there was no reason to remove the data except to make sure the narratives cannot be proven wrong with factual information on sites like the NIH.

This is right up there with India refusing to publish what they put in their prophylaxes kits that knocked out COVID in the Uttar Pradesh region (200+ MILLION people live there). Lots of experts are saying those kits shipped to the population to prevent COVID contained this same class of drugs.

2022 = 1984

You might want to read some research that's newer than 17 years ago.

That 2005 study you refer to says, in part: "....We report ... that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells."

Two important facts about that statement:

First, the virus they were studying was not what we would now call Sars-Cov-2 (obviously, since Sars-Cov-2 was still 15 years in the future at that time). Second, the effects were noted in primate cells. Specifically, the article says that they used in vitro cultures from the Vero E6 cell line. That cell line comes from the kidneys of an African Green Monkey.

When the Sars-Cov-2 pandemic hit, many researchers were aware of that previous research and quickly set about duplicating the results for the new coronavirus strain. For example, here is a paper from early February 2020, where a group of Chinese scientists tested chloroquine (as one possible repurposed drug) against the new strain and basically got the same results as the 2005 team. In fact, they cited the 2005 study as a reference.

www.nature.com...

It was on this basis of results like this that a number of researchers around the world got the idea at about the same time that chloroquine should be tested in humans as a possible anti-covid drug. That's why the FDA approved an Emergency Use Authorization for chloroquine in the US on March 28, 2020.

jamanetwork.com...

That's also why the World Health Organization included chloroquine as one of the candidate drugs in their gigantic, multinational Solidarity program of Phase III-IV trials, beginning on March 18, 2020. Those were randomized, double blind trials--as good as you can get--and by May 22, 2020, they were suspended because they showed no benefit in covid patients. Based on these results, the FDA retracted the EUA in June, 2020.

In July, 2020, a group of German researchers published a paper in Nature with the title: "Chloroquine does not inhibit infection of human lung cells with SARS-CoV-2".

www.nature.com...

Here is the key finding:

"Chloroquine is an anti-malaria drug that is used for the treatment of COVID-19 as it inhibits the spread of SARS-CoV-2 in the African green monkey kidney-derived cell line Vero. Here we show that engineered expression of TMPRSS2, a cellular protease that activates SARS-CoV-2 for entry into lung cells, renders SARS-CoV-2 infection of Vero cells insensitive to chloroquine. Moreover, we report that chloroquine does not block infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the TMPRSS2-expressing human lung cell line Calu-3. These results indicate that chloroquine targets a pathway for viral activation that is not active in lung cells and is unlikely to protect against the spread of SARS-CoV-2 in and between patients."

In other words, chloroquine inhibits the spread of Sars-Cov-2 virus in African Green Monkey cells, which is great news if you happen to be an African Green Monkey. For the rest of us humans, however, it does not inhibit the spread of Wars-Cov-2 virus in our lungs.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

If it didn't work they would not have blocked it for off label prescriptions when its safer than Tylenol. They dont want doctors to even see what the results would be. In France you could buy it over the counter, now it is prescription only. The spike itself is what was dissolved by chloroquine before having a chance to infect cells. That is why viral loads are kept so low in Africans and people in India where tropical diseases are common, and so are forms of chloroquine and ivermectin.

Also, I could go through and pick apart other peoples arguments you posted, due to my extensive experience in Microbiology, but my time would be wasted since you think the most powerful part of your argument is the fact the research is 17 years old, and are acting like this is the only data supporting the fact all drugs in this class seem to work great as prophylaxes for COVID.

You are not just ignoring this study and the mechanisms that made it effective, but all of the statistical evidence from all over the world that is actually stronger than this individual study. You are clearly bias in what you are reading, I read both. There is no merit based argument on it NOT working. There is lots of evidence it does work. The reason they banned it is they argued these drugs are not safe to prescribe off label, but a ten year old girl can go get hormone blockers prescribed off label that were designed for kids who go into puberty at 5 years old. Then a couple of years later she can get off label Testosterone.

Ivermectin has been dosed over 4 BILLION times and killed less than 30 people. Its obviously safer than the vax, cheaper, and that's the problem. People like you spreading bad information are the other half of the problem. The pharmaceutical companies don't need to try very hard with people parroting their lies like they are facts.

Research harder
edit on 7-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

edit on 7-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: lordcomac

perhaps this is the expanded article the OP was searching for?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That's it. Maybe I screwed up, it happens.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on Fri Jan 7 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join