It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 3rd leading cause of death in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Ksihkehe
So any time I see a post like the one in the OP, I immediately assume there is a statistical error in there somewhere. And so far, there seems to be every single time. Probably, someone will eventually prove me wrong on that, but as a general rule it seems appropriate.

You're being far more generous than I when you refer to it as an "error".

I'm sure OP will be along shortly to straighten out the alt-right misinformation.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: jrod

Heart Attacks and Cancer are #1 and #2: www.cdc.gov...

And nobody goes through their day paranoid about either of those threats killing them, or anyone they know.

You can imagine how un-concerned people would be about Covid-19, if the people who make money from everything associated with the disease, were not fanning so much fear.

one might be appropriately concerned about getting cancer, or having heart problems. but there is nothing anyone but themselves can really do in order to not suffer from such conditions. where reasonable things can in fact be done to prevent covid, such as the very simple step of everyone appropriately wearing masks.

Those who are very concerned about contracting communicable diseases should not rely on others to protect them. They should eliminate as much risk as possible by not going places where there are people.

Common sense logic 101.

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Going by "official" numbers it is the third leading cause. Going by reality it's not even close.

By the way, why is it ok for obese people to take up hospital beds from heart disease which is the number 1 killer? They should be mandated to eat healthy, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Morning calisthenics and 1500 calorie restriction until everyone has a six pack. No exemptions.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
Oh, okay. Care to give me a scientific breakdown of your worldview? Cheers.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Currently in the US, about 2.5 per 1,000 have died from COVID.

This right here shows you are lying. Whether willingly or not, I am not sure... If your claim was true and only 100,000,000 (100 million) Americans had been infected by COVID-19 there would have been 2.5 million deaths in the U.S. If 50,000,000 Americans had been infected and your numbers were right then there would have been 1,250,000 dead Americans.

But the U.S. death rate from COVID-19 is at 858,346 out of supposedly 60,464,426 infected. Which means the death rate, if the figures were 100% correct, is at 1.42%

But then again you have to remember that many Americans were asymptomatic and didn't even know they had COVID-19.

Oh, and one more thing Omicron... The amount of people dead around the entire world due to Omicron is very, very low despite it's high level of infection.

edit on 8-1-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and link.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Going by "official" numbers it is the third leading cause. Going by reality it's not even close.

By the way, why is it ok for obese people to take up hospital beds from heart disease which is the number 1 killer? They should be mandated to eat healthy, right?

Don't do that because jrod and company will actually start demanding from their corrupt democrat leaders that Americans must eat vegan only, and they will do it... I want my meats....

edit on 8-1-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: jrod
Currently in the US, about 2.5 per 1,000 have died from COVID.

This right here shows you are lying. Whether willingly or not, I am not sure... If your claim was true and only 100,000,000 (100 million) Americans had been infected by COVID-19 there would have been 2.5 million deaths in the U.S. If 50,000,000 Americans had been infected and your numbers were right then there would have been 1,250,000 dead Americans.

But the U.S. death rate from COVID-19 is at 858,346 out of supposedly 60,464,426 infected. Which means the death rate, if the figures were 100% correct, is at 1.42%

But then again you have to remember that many Americans were asymptomatic and didn't even know they had COVID-19.

Oh, and one more thing Omicron... The amount of people dead around the entire world due to Omicron is very, very low despite it's high level of infection.

2.5 per 1,000 our of a hundred million would 250,000. Not 2.5 million. Better to check your math before calling someone else a liar.

Besides the 2.5 is the per capita figure, not per case.
edit on 8-1-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Fear will make people believe and do the stupidest things:

High School Teacher Locks Her 13-year-old Son In the Trunk To Quarantine

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120

I mean , who wouldn’t lock their kid in the trunk? Have you caught a cold before? They are highly inconvenient. Are you one of those cult of Trump guys?

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wills120

According to my calculations, the average intelligence of the human species is now rapidly approaching that of the chicken.

I wonder how long it will take us to achieve duck at this rate?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereistheflu

originally posted by: wills120

I mean , who wouldn’t lock their kid in the trunk? Have you caught a cold before? They are highly inconvenient. Are you one of those cult of Trump guys?

I must be and never knew it. Thanks for clarifying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join