It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alkaline hydrolysis (body disposal)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry this is so long, wasn't sure of the best forum either...

but I have never heard of this, sounds interesting. Though the disposal methods? sound questionable, along with this quote that comes off a little bit like Soylent Green

"The result is a quantity of green-brown tinted liquid (containing amino acids, peptides, sugars and salts)"

en.wikipedia.org...(body_disposal)

The process is based on alkaline hydrolysis: the body is placed in a pressure vessel that is then filled with a mixture of water and potassium hydroxide, and heated to a temperature around 160 °C (320 °F), but at an elevated pressure, which prevents boiling. Instead, the body is effectively broken down into its chemical components, which takes approximately four to six hours. At the beginning of the process, the mixture is strongly basic, with a pH level of approximately 14; pH drops to 11 by the end, but the final pH level depends on the total operation time and the amount of fat in the body.[5]

The result is a quantity of green-brown tinted liquid (containing amino acids, peptides, sugars and salts) and soft, porous white bone remains (calcium phosphate) easily crushed in the hand (although a cremulator is more commonly used) to form a white-colored dust. The "ash" can then be returned to the next of kin of the deceased. The liquid is disposed of either through the sanitary sewer system, or through some other method, including use in a garden or green space.[6] To dispose of 1,000 pounds (450 kg), approximately 60–240 US gallons (230–910 l; 50–200 imp gal) of water are used, resulting in 120–300 US gallons (450–1,140 l; 100–250 imp gal) of effluent, which carries a dried weight of 20 pounds (9.1 kg) (approximately 2% of original weight).[5]

Alkaline hydrolysis uses water, alkaline chemicals, heat, and sometimes pressure and agitation, to accelerate natural decomposition, leaving bone fragments and a neutral liquid called effluent. The decomposition that occurs in alkaline hydrolysis is the same as that which occurs during burial, just sped up dramatically by the chemicals. The effluent is sterile, and contains salts, sugars, amino acids and peptides. There is no tissue and no DNA left after the process completes. This effluent is discharged with all other wastewater, and is a welcome addition to the water systems.

The graphic above summarizes the process.[quote]
edit on 1-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's been around a while, I tried to start a company offering the service about five years back, but there's too much red tape to compete with the existing funeral services.

The waste has to be tested to appease the regulators but is fairly easily converted into fertilizer once the process is complete.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Just dump the body in front of your best friends house and call the cops.
edit on 1-1-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
It's been around a while, I tried to start a company offering the service about five years back, but there's too much red tape to compete with the existing funeral services.

The waste has to be tested to appease the regulators but is fairly easily converted into fertilizer once the process is complete.

I knew somebody on here would have a better perspective, so chances are it's not gonna replace regular burials or cremations. it does sound like it is already being used on pets and live stock.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Soylent Green ?

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Noted for future use.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It should, but won't even beat current cremations for a long time.
Essentially you can't legally handle destruction of bodies unless you own a cannery, and they're essentially all owned by some weird tax shelter scam.

The method is better, but there's too much money and corruption is the handling of a human body in the USA for it to make any headway any time soon.

Real bummer, my plan was to capitalize on the incoming wave of corpses people can't afford to bury as the boomers died off while USD tanked.
I didn't account for the whole free market being a lie, and the whole thing already being planned.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
New food additive.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

It should, but won't even beat current cremations for a long time.
Essentially you can't legally handle destruction of bodies unless you own a cannery, and they're essentially all owned by some weird tax shelter scam.

The method is better, but there's too much money and corruption is the handling of a human body in the USA for it to make any headway any time soon.

Real bummer, my plan was to capitalize on the incoming wave of corpses people can't afford to bury as the boomers died off while USD tanked.
I didn't account for the whole free market being a lie, and the whole thing already being planned.

Thanks for the information, I know very little about the industry, but have heard it's ripe for corruption because it's so regulated.

It will probably be that way till people quit clinging to the bodies of their dead loved ones.

people.com...
Luke Perry Was Buried in Special Eco-Friendly Mushroom Suit, Reveals Daughter Sophie

According to Coeio.com, the company that designs the special burial option, mushroom suits cost $1,500 each and include a button-up fabric with a hood and face cover.

They also come in three different height-dependent sizes (small, medium, or large) and two different color options (nude or black).

The suit works to essentially speed up the decomposition process. According to Coeio, the suit has built-in mushrooms and other microorganisms that work together to do this, as well as neutralize toxins found in the body and transfer nutrients to plant life.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's an old Charleton Heston movie from the 70's ... makes me want to watch it again

A nightmarish futuristic fantasy about the controlling power of big corporations and an innocent cop who stumbles on the truth.

In 2022, Earth is overpopulated and totally polluted; the natural resources have been exhausted and the nourishment of the population is provided by Soylent Industries, a company that makes a food consisting of plankton from the oceans. In New York City, when Soylent's member of the board William R. Simonson is murdered apparently by a burglar at the Chelsea Towers West where he lives, efficient Detective Thorn is assigned to investigate the case with his partner Solomon "Sol" Roth. Thorn comes to the fancy apartment and meets Simonson's bodyguard Tab Fielding and the "furniture" (the woman that is rented together with the flat) Shirl and the detective concludes that the executive was not victim of burglary but executed. Further, he finds that the Governor Santini and other powerful men want to disrupt and end Thorn's investigation. But Thorn continues his work and discovers a bizarre and disturbing secret of the ingredient used to manufacture Soylent Green.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is way too complicated, i process carcasses with this method,

Place item in water, and in to a temperature controlled environment about 95 F.

After a week, you are left with brown water i use as fertilizer, and bones.

So you just need water and a bit of heat to do a controlled putrefaction.
edit on 2-1-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I got to watch the movie 1st run .

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A lot of the states in the US have been looking into and buying this tech. There are other forms of this as well. They are getting them because they know there will likely be a lot of death from the vaccines and burying us takes to long and too much space.

You want to know what they want to do with the liquid after they render the bodies?
They want to use us as fertilizers, literally spray us on the fields to help grow plants, presumably on the thousands of acres people like bill gates has bought up. This is part of their sick plan.

The people that want this and push for it to happen are demons.
The people that will help them carry this out will be the same Karens that are vaccine and mask Nazis that believe unvaxxed are a scourge on society. The same type of people in WW2 helped fire up the ovens for "the greater good".

Their time will come, there are to many of us compared to them that they fail to see because of fake news propaganda, they wouldn't stand a chance against us true Americans.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE! We're eating PEOPLE!"

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

"Soylent Green is PEOPLE! We're eating PEOPLE!"

"150 for a jar of strawberry jam."

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I am sure very soon we will be ingesting this goo, due to pharma processes of their medications as adjutants, yep I am sure somebody will make money on this and is all organic.

But the public will not find out about it until too late.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Oh geez! You know GM? That...was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ummm…I can see this as the preferred method for use in space…on future stations…future colonies…

I can’t think of a better…more fitting way to celebrate a life than for the remains become a means to ensure fertile nutrient for hydroponic systems…

What a valuable future resource…what a way to pay forward to a colony…or generational life ship…

Very cool…

Now I know how I want my remains to be honored…by it being an honor to not pollute the future…but fertilize…be a catalyst for growth and life…

Too cool…

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Sorry this is so long, wasn't sure of the best forum either...

but I have never heard of this, sounds interesting. Though the disposal methods? sound questionable, along with this quote that comes off a little bit like Soylent Green

"The result is a quantity of green-brown tinted liquid (containing amino acids, peptides, sugars and salts)"

en.wikipedia.org...(body_disposal)

The process is based on alkaline hydrolysis: the body is placed in a pressure vessel that is then filled with a mixture of water and potassium hydroxide, and heated to a temperature around 160 °C (320 °F), but at an elevated pressure, which prevents boiling. Instead, the body is effectively broken down into its chemical components, which takes approximately four to six hours. At the beginning of the process, the mixture is strongly basic, with a pH level of approximately 14; pH drops to 11 by the end, but the final pH level depends on the total operation time and the amount of fat in the body.[5]

The result is a quantity of green-brown tinted liquid (containing amino acids, peptides, sugars and salts) and soft, porous white bone remains (calcium phosphate) easily crushed in the hand (although a cremulator is more commonly used) to form a white-colored dust. The "ash" can then be returned to the next of kin of the deceased. The liquid is disposed of either through the sanitary sewer system, or through some other method, including use in a garden or green space.[6] To dispose of 1,000 pounds (450 kg), approximately 60–240 US gallons (230–910 l; 50–200 imp gal) of water are used, resulting in 120–300 US gallons (450–1,140 l; 100–250 imp gal) of effluent, which carries a dried weight of 20 pounds (9.1 kg) (approximately 2% of original weight).[5]

Alkaline hydrolysis uses water, alkaline chemicals, heat, and sometimes pressure and agitation, to accelerate natural decomposition, leaving bone fragments and a neutral liquid called effluent. The decomposition that occurs in alkaline hydrolysis is the same as that which occurs during burial, just sped up dramatically by the chemicals. The effluent is sterile, and contains salts, sugars, amino acids and peptides. There is no tissue and no DNA left after the process completes. This effluent is discharged with all other wastewater, and is a welcome addition to the water systems.

The graphic above summarizes the process.[quote]

i always wanted to get sous vided. med rare of course.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

some weird tax 

Weird Tax or weird "vax"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join