It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Wrongs on Our Kids and Employees Act

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
So our honorable Governor of Florida, a true leader and patriot , has recently launched a legislative proposal to not only ban Critical Race Theory in Florida, which was allegedly banned in the summer, but he also is helping to make sure that parents have recourse to sue a school district if they do push hateful indoctrination onto our children and even be compensated for attorney's fees.

It's a step in the right direction. With several large corporations now pushing racist doctrine as a policy I cannot stress how important legislation like this is. When you groom children to believe they are racist because of their skin color and need to feel guilty about how they were born you have crossed over into indoctrination and completely abandoned any sincere education.

This following video recorded and uploaded by Florida Marquis (thank you btw) has the Governor discussing the proposal and includes some statements from parents, the Commissioner of Education, the Lt. Governor, and more. It's a bit long winded at 50 minutes but it's easy to stay attached due to the passion and articulate dialogue. After fifty minutes it's really just Florida Marquis ranting about the imminent collapse of crypto values, and then another rant against gold and silver. A worthy topic in its own right no doubt, but He actually has a seperate video on that so I'm not sure why he added it into this particular topic on CRT.

Desantis ‘Stop WOKE Act’ Would Ban CRT Indoctrination in Workplace, Making it Civil Rights Violation
By Human Events Staff | December 20, 2021
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ proposed “Stop WOKE Act” would ban Critical Race Theory in workplace training, making it a violation of the Florida Civil Rights Act.

Unlike other state laws or proposals that just ban Critical Race Theory from being taught in schools, the new proposal allows parents to actually sue colleges, and employees to sue corporations, that teach it.

“We’re also not going to allow the staff or employees or teachers in our education system to be subjected to that type of training where they’re forced to sit there and listen,” he added. “This is wrong when it’s done to our kids, but it’s also wrong to force employees to have to go through that.”

DeSantis blasted the “woke ideology” that he claims is trying to change the meaning behind the Constitution.

“They want to tear at the fabric of our society and our culture,” he said. “They want to delegitimize the founding of the country and the Constitution.”

So far, no other state legislative plan or new law targets both public and private employers. DeSantis’ bill, however, seeks to help Florida employees who find themselves in a hostile work environment “created when large corporations force their employees to endure CRT-inspired ‘training’ and indoctrination,” he said.

Desantis’ office published a list of examples of Critical Race Theory being taught in the classroom and in corporations across the country, including Google and Bank of America Corp.

Google’s “antiracism” initiative includes materials that claim the U.S. is a “system of white supremacy” and all Americans are “raised to be racist.”

Bank of America’s racial reeducation program encourages its employees to become “woke at work,” specifically instructing white employees to “decolonize [their] mind” and “cede in power to people of color.”

What is interesting is when you listen to critics on the web or news, they try and mischaracterize this legislation as an attempt to silence and censor American history. This is clearly not the case and is not what is intended. What it will do is make sure I can tell militant Marxist activist in a school to shove their hateful ideology where the sun don't shine in court, and so can any other parent. That goes for the workplace as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Uuhhm I did not read the legislation, but I hope that it also impedes militant fascist activist to shove their hateful ideology where the sun never shines.

In my opinion which is worth nothing over the pond, these kind of things should cut both ways...
If not.... well it speaks for who you are.

Just because division and injustices are backed by the law does not make them right.

I noticed, that the reps start to sound just as whiny as the dems, good times ahead, hooray for dicotomies

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Uuhhm I did not read the legislation, but I hope that it also impedes militant fascist activist to shove their hateful ideology where the sun never shines.

In my opinion which is worth nothing over the pond, these kind of things should cut both ways...
If not.... well it speaks for who you are.

Just because division and injustices are backed by the law does not make them right.

I noticed, that the reps start to sound just as whiny as the dems, good times ahead, hooray for dicotomies

What "militant fascist activist" are attempting to indoctrinate children in schools?

Who are these "militant fascist activists" ?

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well, this is awkward.

Eric Hall, who DeSantis recently appointed to head Florida’s Department of Juvenile Justice, used critical race theory as the bedrock of his 2014 dissertation examining alternative schools. Hall, who finished the dissertation while completing his doctorate at the University of South Florida, wrote that critical race theory was a good “framework” to study racial inequities in the public education system.

Hall’s 272-page dissertation studied two “alternative” schools and how the public education system displaces minority students at higher rates through expulsion and other factors. In turn, that can lead to large numbers of minority students ending up in the “school-to-prison pipeline.”

He concludes, in part, that school curriculum is crafted in a way that specifically disadvantages minority students.

“Understanding this practice and the fact that ‘democratic choice is not necessarily available for all,’ CRT can help to shape the manner in which the top is explored while also exposing the bias maintained by the author of this inquiry, who is a middle-class, white male,” he wrote, citing a 1989 essay “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack" by feminist Peggy McIntosh.

www.politico.com...
digitalcommons.usf.edu...

Gee! I sure hope he doesn't get sued!

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You are right in the vain of denying ignorance i should have asked the same question to the OP too.

I don't know either.
I just wanted to celebrate some dichotomous thought patterns, as that's what this whole mess thrives on...

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If Eric hall pushes that ideology as a curriculum in public schools , then yes i hope he does get sued. Something that man wrote as part of his education should not affect his candidacy for a job, that is more like something a Democrat would do. If anything, it shows that our Republican governor does not let a disagreement in personal beliefs affect his career or that of others.

But i bet it sure felt like an "AHA! Gotcha!" Moment, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

If Eric hall pushes that ideology as a curriculum in public schools , then yes i hope he does get sued.

Heaven forbid anyone should ever try to expose or stifle the school to prison pipeline!

Something that man wrote as part of his education should not affect his candidacy for a job

LOL
It was the subject of his Doctorate Dissertation. I think it matters.

edit on 23-12-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That is a seperate matter than " Hate yourself because you are white and were born guilty of being racist" rhetoric. Personal beliefs vs. actual policy.

new topics

top topics

join