It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Resurrection I love it. Spoiler free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
“Mr Anderson, welcome back… we’ve been expecting you.”

I Just finished watching the new Matrix.
After reading some of the critic reviews online I had mixed feelings about going into this.

I have to say, either the critics who poo-pood the movie never saw or were to young to had watch the matrix, or their just plain meatballs.

If your wondering how is this movie going to make sense given the circumstances of how we left off in part 3,
Lana put together a pretty cool plot.

There’s even a part where in the movie they are joking about the Matrix being a sequel to a trilogy and a reboot - this will make sense after you watch it.

Say what you will about Lana, the dudes got a beautiful mind.

Because the movie doesn’t release in theatres for another 2 days in most cities, I’ll refrain from spoiling anything here.

I want those who are looking forward to this movie to go in blind, but will say this, if you were a fan of the first 3, your going to really enjoy this one.

Go to your favourite “alternative” streaming site and watch it right now.
Or wait a few days and appreciate it in IMAX.

edit on 19-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
There has been screenings in my cirty since last week. Thank you for reinforcing my desire to see it. Will definetly check it out.

(post by Stupidsecrets removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I plan on buying a month of HBO max on the 22nd, and canceling it on the 23rd so I don't forget.

Movie theaters are kinda disgusting, so I'd rather spend $10 for a monthly subscription for a month that allows me to watch anytime over going to a theater with sticky floors and seats.

It's not a bigscreen, but my 55" tv will do just fine lol

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I have HBOMax so I'll catch it this week before the internet spoils it like with everything else.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I went and spoiles it for myself already, read about the entire movie. You will tell me if i am wrong, but most folk will not enjoy it. Im still going to watch it at regal cinema because i get on the roller coaster for the ride, not because it pulls safely into the unloading area at the end.

But unless its just jackass critics being that, alot of folks will feel it to be exploiting nostalgia for extra revenue. I just like to see "pew pew, bang bang ... Boom!" and cool graphics myself.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Im 30 minutes in already better than the 2 previous sequels IMHO... Reeves and Moss bringing it and the new cast ain't bad either right down to the black cat. Very well done so far.
edit on 20-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh yes, the nostalgia is strong in this one lol.
But they did it pretty creatively.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I’m glad you liked it!
Like I said, I thought it was great. And yes better than the last two.

I even liked how they had the Rage Against the Machine song from the first one again.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
one or two laughs in the film.

and the scene after the ending credits is not my type, (like marvel sequel ads)
but I liked the last word...

edit on 12121212 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Whats the woke factor on it? Is it over the top or subtle?

That was the big concern with most of the posts talking about the movie a few months ago from people who loved the 1st one.

IMO part 2 and 3 were meh at best, Maxtrix 1 was the sh1t and the others did a disservice to it.

How do you feel about this one compared to the 1 and the crappy sequels?

Although I'm skeptical from some of the trailers I look forward to making some time to watch it this week if not tonight.
edit on 381231America/ChicagoWed, 22 Dec 2021 12:38:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Lot of in charge chicks smacking around dudes. Incels gonna be hatin' on this.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: interupt42

Lot of in charge chicks smacking around dudes. Incels gonna be hatin' on this.

Nah, plenty of good movies with chicks in charge and kicking guys ass that have been made in the past . It becomes annoying when they force it into a plot for no reason other than to check off a checklist.

The original matrix also had a chick in charge smacking around dudes.

edit on 161231America/ChicagoWed, 22 Dec 2021 14:16:47 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Watch it.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Watch it.

I'm going to try to tonight.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Think of the force awakens.
Now switch that to the matrix.
Nostalgia and great fan service.
As for in your face wokism, I didn’t notice it - but I’m literally watching it over again right now, so maybe I’ll notice some.
I recommend watching it.
Goto zoechip and stream it right now.

ETA: There is some funny internet lingo in there as well.
Not a spoiler but Trinity’s husband in the Matrix, his name is Chad.
And he is the model of what people call “Giga Chad’s”
edit on 22-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Amen to that.
That new character Bugs does a good job.

Side note I honestly laughed out loud when Neo thought he was bad ass again and tries to fly.
crouches like he’s powering up, does that little hop “That’s not happening “ haha
edit on 22-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There’s even a part where in the movie they are joking about the Matrix being a sequel to a trilogy and a reboot - this will make sense after you watch it.

It's not even a joke, it's a confession. The implied threat is "you do this or someone else will" in regard to resurrecting the Matrix world. It's not very subtle, a 4th wall shattering nod at the nature of business exhuming a beloved story for the irreverent cash grab. As a result Neo experiences a crisis of identity between what he lost and what has been accomplished because of it. Pure fabricated conflict for the sake of consumerism.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yup.
No different than every other big name out there.
Seems to be the way of Hollywood right now.
People liked the other 9 iterations so, they will buy into “insert name here” part 10 for the name alone.

Even The video game industry is bleached in that motive right now.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The whole movie makes it pretty obvious that the Warner Brothers production company didn't do this for the love of the story but because someone in the executive offices hated the ending of Revolutions and wants to "fix" it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join