It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Need to Stop Only Seeing the Dark Side of Crypto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Many citizens around the world and even whole countries are embracing crypto currencies today and this acceptance is only going to grow. As bitcoin and other crypto currencies become accepted and used in more and more parts of the world they will become more stable. Being that their is only 18 million bitcoin in the world and only 21 million that can ever be mined, inflation will become a thing of the past.

With the metaverse and virtual reality on the rise and set to become a second reality for humans to interact in, the use of stable crypto currencies is the future as our world moves more and more into the digital realm.

Take for example, Cuba, a country where internet penetration went from less than 40 percent in 2015 to an estimated 70 to 80 percent today. Like most people, Cubans want to buy things and sell things online—but, unlike most people, they cannot buy anything online using a debit or credit card.

Due to US sanctions, ordinary Cubans find themselves cut off from the global financial system: They cannot start a Spotify subscription, buy a domain name, or pay for a website-hosting service using a card. This means that if Cubans wish to partake in online commerce, particularly with another country, they have to use cryptocurrencies. And where there's a need, there's a way. Cubans have found solutions such as Bitrefill, a site that sells gift cards from Spotify and other companies for cryptocurrency.

Data from Bitrefill for June 2021 shows that four times as many people buy Cuban digital products (such as Cubacel phone top-ups) using cryptocurrencies as buy similar US products, on a population-adjusted basis. Crypto has deeply penetrated the country to the extent that Cuba’s Communist Party, a conservative Marxist institution not known for its technological savviness, has instructed the Central Bank of Cuba to regulate the use of cryptocurrencies and to study how they can be used to help the government avoid US sanctions. Paradoxically, officials in the US State Department are rumored to be looking into how cryptocurrencies can be used to set up remittance networks that bypass the hefty taxes extracted by the Cuban government.

Wired

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I want to believe.... my meager crypto holdings say otherwise

I can definitely see where there will be resistance because of its volatility. Until that aspect ends it's going to be difficult to coax more persons to get on board.

Not to mention the looming FedCoin, keep hearing that's gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Fun in the sun will always get you burn.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Fun in the sun will always get you burn.

Has that ever stopped you?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

And the other sovereign nations rolling out their own digital currencies.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I think that the more people understand and learn what underlying factors drive a coin from a utilitarian aspect as opposed to a meme aspect, the more they will come to appreciate crypto for what it is. I am a wet behind the ears noob who may know a crumb where there is an entire meal to be had, but having knowledgeable people around to ask and learn from is invaluable.

Even knowing all that, I like safemoon.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

When my credit and debit cards, are no longer acceptable
When I can go and buy food, fuel etc. with fictional curruncy maybe.

In the meantime I'll just work hard and earn my overtime .... good solid investment

Cody

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Will the fedcoin type currency operate on it's own blockchain system, or merge with existing technologies?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People don't want a centralized bank controlled currency which is exactly why bitcoin was invented. Undoubtedly many people will flock to those, however it won't stop the dominance of bitcoin and ethereum.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Will the fedcoin type currency operate on it's own blockchain system, or merge with existing technologies?

It will be based on an existing blockchain but obviously modified for the size and number of transactions it will be required to process.

If you want to give me a call and chat offline I can, I just can't post too much stuff on here at the moment. Ever since I moved into the new role last year I've gotten some really interesting peeks behind the curtain, it's wild.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
People don't want a centralized bank controlled currency which is exactly why bitcoin was invented. Undoubtedly many people will flock to those, however it won't stop the dominance of bitcoin and ethereum.

Bitcoin is obsolete and inefficient, it would never be able to handle a fraction of the day to day transactions the Federal Reserve processes. As a currency it's nearly useless, no one wants to be standing in the supermarket for a half hour waiting for BTC to clear when you can SoftPoS and GTFO in no time at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll send you a PM with my number since you likely tossed it like you do with the cheap hooker numbers.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Crypto is a great way to hedge your bets against the failing world economies.

Think of crypto as a country's currency, but that country doesn't actually exist anywhere and follows none of the soul crushing authoritarianism that is gripping and tanking most of the real country's currencies.

When the dollar tanks, the value of bitcoin 'goes up' since it now takes many more dollars to buy one.

This is just from the observation standpoint of what currency you are comparing the bitcoin too.
The value of the bitcoin in itself does not change. How much is (1) bitcoin worth? It's worth (1) bitcoin.
But how many dollars can I get for (1) bitcoin? It depends. If the dollar is doing terrible, then you can get a lot of dollars for (1) bitcoin.

That's why the FED is trying to fight back against bitcoin and others by inflating the dollar to appear to be worth more than it actually is.

You want to hedge your risk against the NWO and their corrupt financial systems? Get into Crypto. Crypto don't care about stupid rules against imaginary viruses and world lockdown and decimation of our economies. Crypto will only become more expensive the worse fiat currencies perform.

And the FED coin and other 'gov' backed coins are a joke that goes against the basic foundation of Crypto. Only fools would think this is cool and embrace them.

I see the future as, I need to buy this car but I need to use USA FED coin for it. And, well, think of the US FED coins as some piece of crap the hovers around the value of a $1. You'll never win. So.. I'd just exchange some always valuable bitcoin for the FED coins and buy the car. As long as you never keep your money in actual fiat currency or jokes like FED coins, then you keep gaining while the world continues to suck.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

speed of transactions seems to be the driving factor in new development. There are quite a few new coins/protocols that seem to have that as a utility. Do you have any ideas on which one's are making the white board these days?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
And I fully expect the mason wanna be to chime in and tell me I'm wrong, and all hail the FED coin. But that is to be expected from NWO cheerleaders who are actually just too comfortable and nervous about loosing their 'place in life' to stand up and fight the monster that we can all now clearly see heading our way.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I see the future as, I need to buy this car but I need to use USA FED coin for it. And, well, think of the US FED coins as some piece of crap the hovers around the value of a $1. You'll never win. So.. I'd just exchange some always valuable bitcoin for the FED coins and buy the car. As long as you never keep your money in actual fiat currency or jokes like FED coins, then you keep gaining while the world continues to suck.

When you convert your 'valuable Bitcoin' into another currency it takes on the value of that currency and has the same deflated purchasing power. If it takes a trillion dollars to buy a ham sandwich and one Bitcoin is worth a trillion dollars where's the value?

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

There it is.

And this doom fantasy of one trillion dollar cheese sandwiches is all that seems to keep you locked into you easy chair as you bite your nails and hope that you're right. But you're dead wrong and deep down inside you know this.

Cheers! And looking forward to the day that you wake up and join the good fight!

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

And the FED coin and other 'gov' backed coins are a joke that goes against the basic foundation of Crypto. Only fools would think this is cool and embrace them.

Nobody is going to buy Fedcoin. It will simply be how all government/Fed contracts, benefits, and debts, are handled. Fedcoin is no different for end users than a debit card is now. It doesn't even mean they have to get rid of cash. It's all ones and zeros already for the most part.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do you have any ideas on which one's are making the white board these days?

LOL

You're going for the brass ring on the first go round?

That's information that isn't getting posted publicly.

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

But you're dead wrong and deep down inside you know this.

Dead wrong about what? Try to be specific. Does your converted crypto take on the value of the currency you exchanged it for or not?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join