It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TTS2022 : Tis the Seasoning - nonwriter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As he feasted on his candied almonds in front of the cabin fire, he ruminated on how long it had been since he had indulged his 'hobby'. The soft snowflakes hit the tiny warped windowpane noiselessly. He watched their unique patterns slowly melt into nothingness against the warmth of the interior.

Around him was a tiny bed, a kitchenette, and besides the small sofa he was sitting on, only a dresser.
A door behind and to his right led to a tiny bathroom containing a standup shower and small vanity.
The bare wood floorboards were slightly warped and polished only by countless traveler's feet.

He checked his watch for the time, and although it was nearing 7pm, his door still hadn't been knocked upon, nor his phone ra- *knock knock knock!* went the door!

He rushed to it to pick up his 'festive' pizza. In this small mountain town with only one motel and some rentable cabins, the only 'restaurant' besides the gas station/diner was a small Domino's Pizza franchise in a seedy stripmall.

He opened the door, and beheld a young man standing in the blizzard wearing his company's uniform, short sleeves.

'You must be cold, man!' he said to the delivery boy.

'No crap, man! I can't believe I decided to work on Christmas, but hell, not everyone celebrates it, and I make double pay, so it's worth it! Can I come in and use your pisser real quick?'

'Sure, no problem,' he said. He took the somehow still slightly warm pizza box from the boy's hands and they both went inside.

'Dannnnng, nice fire you got going!' said the delivery boy.

'It's really easy if you have enough boredom and newspaper!' he said, pointing.

The boy went into the bathroom and shut the door. The man went to the kitchen and put the pizza box in the oven and set it to warm on a timer. He got out his plate, knife and fork and from the minifridge pulled out a tiny salad he had premade. He set the utensils and plate on the tiny fold out table, and sat down staring straight at the wall.

The boy came out of the bathroom and said 'Hey, thanks man!'
The man at the table turned around and said, 'Oh yeah , don't forget your tip!' He reached across the table to where his wallet and keys had been sitting, while the boy walked over.
The man's hands passed over the wallet picked up the knife, and the man stabbed the boy repeatedly in the belly and below the sternum.

As a small gurgle of surprise came from the boy's mouth as he slumped to the floor, the man calmly slashed the boy's throat. Some weak spurts from the delivery boy's already weakening system splashed onto the bare wood floor.

The man heard the beep of the oven timer go off and got his pizza out. After putting some slices on his plate, he began to eat using the knife he had just used, with the fork. 'Always good to have some extra seasoning,' he mumbled to himself.

The END

edit on 16/12/2021 by chris_stibrany because: spelling

edit on 16/12/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Well, that was an unexpected ending! Very good!

I don't know if I'm more shocked by the blatant brutality or that the guy was eating pizza with a knife and fork.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

AHAHA

It was too hot to pick up yet, you see?

Or perhaps he was a barbarian European
edit on 16/12/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well, damn, what a surprise!

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks for reading

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well let me cross off Delivery-Person as any future possible jobs... Holy Cow did you ever catch me in a mental conundrum and then a follow-up tremor.

Good luck in the Contest and thanks for your submission,
Johnny

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
haha thank you for the compliment

I was picturing a previous time in a previous place...

a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've always loved a macabre twist.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Me too.

i am not a big King fan but I am a huge Ligotti fan but the way I bring up King is to say, his short stories really shine with those kind of twists.

Also, I like Murakami (Haruki) a lot.
What do you read?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: AccessDenied

Me too.

i am not a big King fan but I am a huge Ligotti fan but the way I bring up King is to say, his short stories really shine with those kind of twists.

Also, I like Murakami (Haruki) a lot.
What do you read?

I used to read anything by Koontz or Saul. Been checking out new and upcoming authors on Kindle lately. It obviously had an impact on my writing style as you can see from the other stories I've posted here over the years.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I didn't hear any toilet flushing and you know how Kawaya-no-kami hates that.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

en.wikipedia.org... is god?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Very nice .

Should have known he was a Psycho eating pizza with a knife and fork.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
Psycho to the second power is those people not eating the crust and then going back for another slice... at least that's what the knife and fork is for in my opinion; to stab those people in the hand preventing the reaching for more.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Thanks for reading!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I am generally one who only eats maybe 1/3 or half the crust. So I guess I am part-psycho. . .

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

On 29 January 2019, Kawaya signed a contract for the rest of the season with Spanish club Cultural Leonesa.[4] On 17 June 2021, he moved to Segunda División side FC Cartagena on a two-year deal.

Must have left his wallet there previously

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I like it!

A real kicker would have been a comment about burning the roof of your mouth but you will get there!!

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hahahaha
That's for sure !
I hate that crap.
Whenever I get pizza I always give it at least five to ten minutes to cool off.
And I pad the grease off w a napkin (NYC style lately)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I remember that group. Haven't heard them in a dog's age . Thanks for the hit!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join