It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau's 'Conversion Therapy' Bill ENDS Parents' Right To Parent in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Canada’s national pro-life organization Campaign Life Coalition (CLC) warned that a radical pro-LGBT bill banning so-called “conversion therapy” in all its forms could lead to parents and pastors being jailed.

Bill C-4 was passed without debate last Wednesday with sweeping bipartisan support, after Conservative Party of Canada Member of Parliament Rob Moore successfully motioned to have the bill “fast-tracked” to the Senate.

In essence, Bill C-4 would punish anyone helping children or others with gender confusion or unwanted same-sex attraction with jail time of up to five years.

In a new video titled, “Trudeau Liberals admit ‘conversion therapy’ ban can put parents & pastors in jail,” CLC showed past video clips of Trudeau ministers speaking about previous iterations of Bill C-4.

www.lifesitenews.com...

The video mentioned above:

The Epoch Times reported on the matter recently:

The new bill defines conversion therapy as a “practice, treatment or service” meant to “change a person’s sexual orientation to heterosexual”; “change a person’s gender identity to cisgender”; “change a person’s gender expression so that it conforms to the sex assigned to the person at birth”; “repress or reduce non-heterosexual attraction or sexual behaviour”; “repress a person’s non-cisgender gender identity”; or “repress or reduce a person’s gender expression that does not conform to the sex assigned to the person at birth.”

The bill makes it illegal to cause “another person to undergo conversion therapy”; to do “anything for the purpose of removing a child from Canada with the intention that the child undergo conversion therapy outside Canada”; to promote or advertise conversion therapy; and to receive a financial or “other material benefit from the provision of conversion therapy.”

www.theepochtimes.com...

We have so few reliable sources of information in Canada. The two sourced above are the best that I have. All our mainstream media is deceptive/pro-establishment. All our major political parties (The """Conservatives""", The """Liberal""" Party, and the NDP) are completely onboard with the current Great Reset destruction of our rights and freedoms, and are administering the largest transfer of wealth in human history (as it pertains to this country.) The flood of Divide and Conquer policy continues unabated politically or in the media. Maybe half the Canadian public realize what is happening, at least to some extent. But as they are encouraged with constant propaganda, they don't really take in just how dire these times are. If we don't resist this in a serious way soon, there may be no (easy) coming back.

This legislation seeks to take the raising of children AWAY from parents' hands, THREATENING parents with FIVE YEARS in PRISON should they try to raise their kids their own way. I had a co-worker for years who was as liberal as it gets, but he told me one day how his son asked him if he was gay. My co-worker asked his son if he daydreamed about boys or girls. After asking such common sense questions, his son realized he was straight after all. This is simply good parenting. The Government of Canada would have this man terrified that if he should be caught by the wrong person PARENTING his son his whole life could be turned upside down.

He may have voted for the Liberal Party but A. He did not realize what he was voting for, due to the horrendous reporting in this country. And B. No matter which party you vote for, you get the same. To be fair, I vote for the People's Party of Canada. They are the only party I believe in. But they are small, and tragically have a very long way to go before they can compete with the """Liberal""" and "Conservative""" parties.

The tyranny I witnessed taking shape under Stephen Harper has escalated under Justin Trudeau. We are on a path to somewhere frightening, where Government parents our children, and independent thinking is monitored by the Thought Police. God help us if the Senate passes it.
edit on 6-12-2021 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Dec 6 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit TITLE from conversation to conversion

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They did an entire episode of South Park about this exact thing. Conversion therapy. Check it out. It might be an eye opener. And it's also very funny.

"Pray the gay away" my friends.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My issue is that they only seem to indicate that this is a problem only if going from non-straight to straight. Children can be tricked into saying darn near anything so this definitely seems like it will hurt more than help. They assume it is abuse to brainwash a gay child into being straight but they seem to be clueless how that could happen the other way around and are preventing people from correcting that when it does.

Anyone can just proclaim any child to be gay or trans and then rip them from their parents.

When you have activists teaching kids, this will occur very often.

Canada has a long history of taking children away from their parents and brainwashing them in abusive state schools, just ask a native (first nation or whatever the hell you canucks call them now).

-D

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Not the exact thing. Most people would agree that forcing kids not to be gay is wrong. This legislation works under the guise of that moral principle but threatens to prevent parents from parenting their children.
edit on 6-12-2021 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Not the exact thing. Most people would agree that forcing kids not to be gay is wrong. This legislation works under the guise of that moral principle but threatens to prevent parents from parenting their children.

Do you think that a hetero person is the optimal configuration for humans? What if we were able to fix gayness?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DINSTAAR

You're not wrong. Native/Indigenous kids were taken from their homes and put into Residential Schools for a very long time by the Government. Most Canadians did not know about it. I found this out in the mid-90s. The Government is pretending to only being aware of it now lol

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I think it's dangerous territory to assume to know how people should think. I was always rather Lefty on these issues, and just wanted the gay bashing to stop. We should all just get along. But now I am seeing gay rights being used by some as a shield to Trojan Horse in some pretty terrible ideas. As with everything in politics, it's complicated. I just wish we could live in a free and sane world where we all behave reasonably and treat each other like human beings. Instead, we live in a world of hard ideology, divisions/labels, and multi-faceted political arguments. My rule of thumb is that if you aren't doing anything to hurt other people, then it's none of my concern. Deceiving and pushing ulterior motives is a different story. I see a lot of that in the woke movement, and that is why many gays and leftists (though the woke media calls them 'Conservatives' now) are opposing the woke movement.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well said
This is so true, especially with all the 'normalizing' of the LBQT (or whatever) movement , queers reading stories to kids etc

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

To clarify: Do you think gays need "fixing"?

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Well said
This is so true, especially with all the 'normalizing' of the LBQT (or whatever) movement , queers reading stories to kids etc

As best I can figure, the 1% shouldn't be making policy for the 99%.
No matter what demographic that 1% is.

Gay people? Rich people? Persons attracted to children?
Go FSCK your hat, leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Such a twisted concept, yet many children have fallen victim to this - even in my small city.
When my daughter was in grade 5, little Owen showed up to the new school year as little Emma.
Wearing dresses and girls clothing all year, and continued until the end of grade 8.
The teachers and everyone went along with the sick game.

He’s in high school now and no longer Emma, but still messed in the head.
edit on 6-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you're objecting to this legislation, it's because you were planning to subject your child (or someone's children) to years of traumatising brain washing tactics. If you weren't planning to do any such thing, then this legislation has nothing to do with you and you can move on with your life.

originally posted by: DINSTAAR
My issue is that they only seem to indicate that this is a problem only if going from non-straight to straight. Children can be tricked into saying darn near anything so this definitely seems like it will hurt more than help. They assume it is abuse to brainwash a gay child into being straight but they seem to be clueless how that could happen the other way around and are preventing people from correcting that when it does.

Anyone can just proclaim any child to be gay or trans and then rip them from their parents.

When you have activists teaching kids, this will occur very often.

Canada has a long history of taking children away from their parents and brainwashing them in abusive state schools, just ask a native (first nation or whatever the hell you canucks call them now).

-D

It says "conversion therapy services" which suggests a routine aimed at a specific audience as part of a paid or community volunteer program advertised to reeducate their "patients" (in this case, children).

edit on 6-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

To clarify: Do you think gays need "fixing"?

Shrugs. Do you think children under 18 born as natural as possible need hormone therapy to be their true selves……. Or “fixed”?
edit on 6-12-2021 by neutronflux because: Added to make more relevant

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Is that like if your not guilty, then you shouldn’t have anything to be afraid of? Then everything from Rittenhouse, Kavanaugh, and Trump Russian Collusion where people literally brought false witnesses.

Maybe we should work on the basics first…..
edit on 6-12-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed wording

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I disdain fear as a response. Skepticism is rational, self defense is practical, paranoia is toxic. None of which has anything to do with the topic at hand.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I disdain fear as a response. Skepticism is rational, self defense is practical, paranoia is toxic. None of which has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Then you are in the wrong website…the righties here deal only with creating fear and anger in their threads.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dude always struck me as a hardcore authoritarian, surprises me so few saw that.

If they had written it to protect swaying a childs belief in their sexuality in anyway shape or form I would still be nervous about it but to write it purely 1 direction, that should set off alarm bells for anyone with 2 functioning brain cells.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Then you are in the wrong website…the righties here deal only with creating fear and anger in their threads.

Quoted for irony.

I suggest you look at the OP's you have made Here, look up the word "projection" and then go look in a mirror.

edit on 000000012America/Chicago12pmMon, 06 Dec 2021 18:32:04 -060032 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I've witnessed a fair amount of such yellow journalism tactics from every corner of the alignment chart, far from exclusive as your words might suggest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join