It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Casey

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Last Friday I had to put my little buddy to sleep. He was yet another beautiful soul gone too soon. This is the second time I've had to go through this and it does not get any easier. In fact, this one might be harder due to the suddenness of it all.

He came to me a little more than 9 years ago as a rescue from North Carolina. Someone had dropped him off at a spay/neuter clinic, gave a wrong phone number and drove off. I was told when they got him into shelter he didn't know what dog food was as he was probably given scraps or ate whatever he could find. They also told me he was infested with fleas and very likely kept in poor kennel conditions.

I picked him up at an adoption event on the morning Hurricane Sandy hit up here (so our first few days were rather wet). I also learned very quickly that he knew how to pull out of a collar. He tried to escape then but I was able to tackle him. However, in doing so I blew out the back of my faithful old jeans. Imagine the looks I got carrying a dog through a parking lot filled with people as my underwear was hanging out!

He did escape me a few times after that but I was lucky enough to find him and over the years he came to trust me completely. He was always gentle and affectionate and never far from my side. We had our ups and downs but I couldn't have been luckier to have him. I can only hope I gave him a home that was worthy.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Thanks for sharing that. Dogs are amazing.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Aww dang!

RIP Casey.
There's no doubt in my mind, you are loved very much.

Loki will meet you at the gates, Casey.

edit on 2-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

RIP CASEY!!!

I am so very sorry for your loss

Casey will be in heaven with my Casey, and Emily and Nikita.
All Dogs go to Heaven indeed!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel, we just lost our beloved, 13 year old Zeus back in July.
I think about him every day.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That was a beautiful story of faithfulness and trust. Dogs who experience life in sorry conditions are often the most devoted and and loving creatures in life. They are ever grateful that you saved them from a life of misery. You were his hero. His best friend. The bitter-sweet is that you know all along the journey with him is finite, while you watch him happily live in the moment. Max was my Casey, and he welcomes Casey to the big squirrel hunt in the sky.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm so sorry.
It sounds like you loved him very much, and gave him a good home.
I've been through it so many times now, and your right, it never gets any easier.
But somehow, they are so worth, doing all over again.

When your heart is ready, hopefully you find another shelter dog, that will love you unconditionally.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I have lost many beautiful pets through these long years. No, it doesn't get easier, but you have your precious memories of saving a life and gaining a friend/fur baby.
RIP dear Casey. You will be running around fields and resting beneath tall trees. You will have lots of company and love until your people meet you again.

edit on 2-12-2021 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a cutie he was 😍. He is now scampering in the eternal woods in the sky with all the other doggos. So sorry for your loss. 😢

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Nice hound dude(tte)
waggy tail, happy puppy

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I believe you will see him again.

Cause, if my animals aren’t there it sure won’t be Heaven.

If I deserve it. I expect a stampede at the rainbow.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss, looks like he had a happy life.

I believe the bond that humans and dogs have can not be removed, even by death, he is with you in spirit, in a pure state, freed from pain and other corporeal burdens.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

when I asked to a old master in the Tibet what he has learned that were the most important in life, he said:

"the things learned from teaching and that he carry in his heart"

if you carry your dog in your heart, it will be with you.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Removed by Staff
edit on 12/3/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
People who don't have dogs, don't understand the close bond and the ultimate heartbreak when the die.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In many countries it is still legal to eat pets.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infiniteMeow
In many countries it is still legal to eat pets.

somebody told me this after my pet died.

I sometimes still think they (pets) are following me. like a ghost.
edit on 3-12-2021 by infiniteMeow because: ...

new topics

top topics

join