It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Florida librarian killed in road rage shooting she allegedly started: police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Pregnant Florida librarian killed in road rage shooting she allegedly started: police

The short version: She intentionally rammed a motorcycle, and fled the scene. She was then followed by said motorcyclist and other witnesses to her house. She ran inside then came back out to the street pointing a gun at motorcyclist and witnesses. Unbeknownst to her, motorcyclist also had a gun (and a valid concealed weapon permit), and shot & killed her in self-defense.

Sara Nicole Morales, 35, hit Andrew Derr's motorcycle intentionally with her blue Kia.... Derr was not injured in the minor accident, and he and witnesses followed Morales while she drove away from the scene.

The motorcyclist and witnesses contacted law enforcement while following her to her home and also attempted to get her to stop, but she refused.

When Morales reached home, she went inside and reportedly retrieved a firearm. She confronted Derr and the witnesses in the street while they were on the phone with 911, according to the police.

Derr, who has a valid Florida concealed weapons permit, drew his firearm and fired multiple rounds, striking Morales.

I'm not sure if there is any video footage of the initial hit & run incident, and I'm not seeing any mention of what it might have been that upset her so much in the first place, but it seems clear that regardless of what it was, none of this needed to happen.

Morales... ...was reportedly four to five months pregnant and leaves behind an 11-year-old daughter and a fiancé. She was a librarian at the Pierson Public Library.

Orange City Police Department, in conjunction with the Florida Attorney General's Office, is continuing to investigate the incident. No one has been charged at this time.

Even if she didn't think she had done anything wrong, it was stupid to go back outside with the gun. She was on the phone with 911. All she had to do was stay inside her house and wait for the cops to arrive.

Body camera video that was released by the police showed officers ordering Derr, 40, at gunpoint to lie face down on the ground and not move after responding to a 911 call.

'I'm not moving. Please don't shoot me,' Derr tells the officers, before adding, unprompted: 'That girl tried to kill me. She pointed a gun at me. ...I'm so sorry'

Morales also called 911, telling a dispatcher she was being threatened by aggressive men.

'You’re three men. You followed me. Leave me alone,' Morales is heard screaming on the call that was released by the authorities.

One of the witnesses was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher when the barrage of gunfire erupted, followed by screams.

The witness told the dispatcher Derr shot the woman 'in self-defense.'

As police officers detained Derr by placing handcuffs on him, Derr implored them to go 'easy,' telling them: 'I didn't do anything wrong but defend myself.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I assume he will most likely be haunted by the fact that his actions led to one kid not being born and another losing her mother. I'm not saying she left him with much of a choice, but I'm sure that still won't be easy to live with.

www.foxnews.com...

I hate to bring up race, but since race is a factor in everything nowadays, then I must ask: Will this case not get much attention since both individuals involved were white? If they weren't, this would surely draw much controversy.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Jeez people can't people understand to not try and escalate crap, while I don't agree with following people over a minor incident apparently he wasn't alone. Not to mention according to multiple witnesses she tried to hit him intentionally

So the deceased had opportunities too, de-escalate as well multiple times

She should have stopped at the accident she caused, she should have called the police on her cell phone, or at home when she saw she was followed or she should have just stayed inside she had 3 chances and now her daughter is motherless.
edit on 25-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Yeah...I bet she's kicking herself now

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm just speculating, but her biggest mistake was most likely assuming that she would be the only one with a gun, which is something that should never be assumed.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
The news video I saw of the incident stated it occurred on “Wisconsin” Avenue or street. Said agitator ran, then pulled gun. The shooter is claiming self defense (which it apparently was). All just a coincidence I’m sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I'm just speculating, but her biggest mistake was most likely assuming that she would be the only one with a gun, which is something that should never be assumed.

and it was the last mistake she ever made... so tragic, I'd bet the shooter has some serious regrets too. Sad all around honestly

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Does it say if he was on her property or the street/sidewalk when she pointed the gun at him?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It doesn't really give specific details where they were at, but 1 of those 2 articles I linked does say they were on the street when she came back out.

She confronted Derr and the witnesses in the street while they were on the phone with 911

www.foxnews.com...

the other kinda implies it, since it says she pulled over 'in front of' her home, but doesn't actually say.

Morales ultimately pulled over in front of her home on the 1000 block of East Wisconsin Avenue, went inside and came back pointing a gun at Derr and the witnesses while they were on the phone with a 911 operator.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I hate to bring up race, but since race is a factor in everything nowadays, then I must ask: Will this case not get much attention since both individuals involved were white? If they weren't, this would surely draw much controversy.

White?? Her last name was Morales and from her picture she sure does look hispanic. If people want to race-bait that will most definitely be used against him.

After reading the article I can't help but feel this is a case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes. She made many mistakes that day but I agree with what others have said regarding her leaving her house with a gun. She should've just stayed inside until police arrived and let them figure everything out. She was a fool to risk not only her life, but the life of her child. That's on her.

In the long run I don't know what kind of trouble Derr will be in, I don't blame him nor the other witnesses for following her home to ensure she got in trouble with the law, but that sort of thing can put irrational fear in the person being followed so I could honestly see that being used against him. Whether it will stick or not I guess all depends on FL law. I'm really curious what started the entire event.
edit on 25-11-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

She looks white to me, but you're probably right.

eta: Maybe I should've said, since neither of them are black, there probably won't be much of a fuss about this by the MSM.
edit on 11/25/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This will be n interesting investigation.

She rammed him intentionally.
She fled the scene.
He followed her which is an understandable reaction.
She comes outside with a gun.
Only then does he pull out his weapon.

From the current story, all he did wrong was attempt a confrontation instead of staying in the street and calling the police. Maybe more information will come out soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If she was on the street than she was 100% in the wrong.

edit on 25-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'm Cuban and whiter than a bottle of milk in a snow storm. My wife has my last name and she's Irish but now she's gets Latina Magazine, lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Don't start no #, won't be no #.

Don't assume you're the only one with a gun.

Criminal moron got what was coming to her. It's unfortunate she was pregnant and that she chose to die rather than live for her family.

I don't feel bad for her. I feel bad for the unborn soul that died with her and the family she chose to abandon.
edit on 11 25 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

She looks white to me, but you're probably right.

eta: Maybe I should've said, since neither of them are black, there probably won't be much of a fuss about this by the MSM.

You may want to get glasses then and if you already wear them then look into a new prescription, she most definitely doesn't look white. I'm hispanic and her skin tone is about as dark as mine. I even have family members who have much lighter skin tone but you can tell their hispanic by their features. Her eyes and shape of her mouth is a pretty good giveaway. Plus, her last name is Morales. C'mon, man!!! lol

I do get your point, though, in most cases unless the victim is black then you won't hear too much about it. Brown lives only matter if it helps push a narrative, if it doesn't then nobody really cares. We're just a different shade of white, especially if we didn't vote their way. I'll be curious how they spin this case.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm Cuban and whiter than a bottle of milk in a snow storm. My wife has my last name and she's Irish but now she's gets Latina Magazine, lol.

You sound like my sister. lol She's my only true 100% blood sibling, others have either different mom or dad. She is so pale she glows in the dark and somehow I got the darker skin. I never understood how genetics turned out that way, gotta love RNG(randon number generator) lol

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I think this comment just made my Thanksgiving and it's not even dinner time yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You may want to get glasses

You're not wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Story I read on it, she hit the biker, then left the season the biker and a witness followed and called the cops, she got home rushed inside got her gun and came back out thats when the biker drew and fired.

I feel for the child that died and her family, I really feel for the biker bad enough to have to pull the trigger on another human being, to find out you took the life of a child as well.

This will haunt him forever, if he doesnt get therapy I wouldnt be surprised if he commits suicide.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AstroDog

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I think this comment just made my Thanksgiving and it's not even dinner time yet.

well, at least she made somebody happy on Thanksgiving...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join