It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 11 - How to quickly bypass "Your PC isn't compatible" for Physical and VM installs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Link

TPM is a new security feature that's controversial to say the least and MS and the government really want you to use it to make spying even easier.

There is a workaround that I can verify works on VMware and physical installs.

Bypass TPM Check
To bypass the TPM check when doing a new, clean install of Windows 11:

1. Go back a step from the "This PC can't run Windows 11" message

2. Press Shift + F10 on the keyboard to open a Command Prompt

3. Type regedit to open the Registry Editor and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSetup

4. Create a new Key named:

LabConfig

5. Within 'LabConfig', create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named:

BypassTPMCheck

6. Double click and set value to 1

Install.

For what it's worth the HWIDgen script also works for activatons if you don't have your license handy.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

very good info. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

TPM is a new security feature

Been around for 12+ years .

feature that's controversial to say the least and MS and the government really want you to use it to make spying even easier.

Why controversial ?
Does mostly nothing without disk encryption .
Securing the boot code has been around for about 30 years.

edit on 11/24/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
DToM already knew this and was prepared to share how her computer didn't crash again after doing this simple bypass.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

When ms announced my 3 year old cpu wouldn't work on win 11, I installed linux, and I'm never going back to windows.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's "new" to mainstream windows users. It's "new" that's it's being forced on the most popular OS on the planet.
There are plenty of security concerns anytime M$ is involved. I read a few but it's not really something I'm going to spend time reading about further until actual experts have had a chance to study it's use within windows 11.
edit on 24-11-2021 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's also "new" in that in many corporate laptops, even ones just a few years old, don't have this chip.

The 3-year warranty on my work laptop ran out sometime in the past few months, and it's just an off-the-shelf dell lattitude... and does not have the newer version TPM module required for windows 11.

Not that I want windows 11. Remember when windows 10 was going to be the "last ever" version of windows, and we all laughed because we knew that was a blatant lie?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

It's also "new" in that in many corporate laptops, even ones just a few years old, don't have this chip.

The 3-year warranty on my work laptop ran out sometime in the past few months, and it's just an off-the-shelf dell lattitude... and does not have the newer version TPM module required for windows 11.

Not that I want windows 11. Remember when windows 10 was going to be the "last ever" version of windows, and we all laughed because we knew that was a blatant lie?

Most newer systems have a sort of TPM native on the CPU
Intel has TPP and AMD has fTPM

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

DToM already knew this and was prepared to share how her computer didn't crash again after doing this simple bypass.

So did ArMap .
Ask me how I know both knew this.....
edit on 11/24/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So did ArMap .
Ask me how I know both knew this.....

DToM is easy, 110% of her threads are a tragicomedy of computer mayhem. I guess ArMap is suffering from a similar malady.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

feature that's controversial to say the least and MS and the government really want you to use it to make spying even easier.

Why controversial ?

What he said ^^^

ETA: A good workaround for those who want the latest and "greatest" version of Windoze. I've been running it for some time. No issues to speak of, but I don't think it's any better or worse than 10.
edit on 11/24/2021 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Why controversial ?

What he said ^^^

ETA: A good workaround for those who want the latest and "greatest" version of Windoze. I've been running it for some time. No issues to speak of, but I don't think it's any better or worse than 10.

Per Passmark and others , the benchmarks are about 15% higher. , especially if there is an NVME M.2 installed.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

dont have to upgrade to 11... do we?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks. If i ever install 11 i'll have to do it this way. I just did a fresh install of 10 (with a side of pop!_os) so i'm good for about a year. Nothing good about Windows 11 though IMHO. A crippled touch UI and questionable performance from too much security (probably spyware
).

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Why controversial ?

What he said ^^^

Per Passmark and others , the benchmarks are about 15% higher. , especially if there is an NVME M.2 installed.

So I've heard, but I can't tell any real world difference on my Samsung 970 nvme. Both 10 and 11 run good, of course.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

dont have to upgrade to 11... do we?

Hard to say, but it wouldn't surprise me. "Winaero tweaker" does a good job of killing updates among other things.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hey do you think you can show me how to fool,"Total adblock" by changing its code a bit to think its been upgraded or has not expired? Its a extension for Chrome.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Hey do you think you can show me how to fool,"Total adblock" by changing its code a bit to think its been upgraded or has not expired? Its a extension for Chrome.

Ublock origin.

Why pay for something thats free?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

Ublock origin.

Uh no this one is free trial apparently,but never said that when i looked at it. must a been small print.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

Ublock origin.

Uh no this one is free trial apparently,but never said that when i looked at it. must a been small print.

And Ublock Origin is free, with no paid version.

<<   2 >>

join