It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire at the Korean DMZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
05:07
Just watching BBC News and they're reporting gunfire is being exchanged over the korean DMZ, and tensions are mounting rapidly.

Thoughts/comments?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
05:07
Just watching BBC News and they're reporting gunfire is being exchanged over the korean DMZ, and tensions are mounting rapidly.

Thoughts/comments?

uh....be afraid.....be very afraid.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I saw this on Yahoo! news and was wondering the same thing myself. I did not see the tensions mounting rapidly. If things dont calm down we may have to step in. Actually we wont HAVE to but since we HAD to got to Iraq then dont you think this is a little more obligitory?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If this is true and is going to escalate, then all I gotta say is.....oh #!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Korea scares me more than the Cold War Soviet Union ever did.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
No, damn, not before I take over California.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
According to NPR machine gun fire (several rounds) was exchanged...........sounds like the North is feeling between its legs for something and they want the US to punk out and do what they want us to do, not what the world wants them to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
well here we go again.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is one area that I'm not real happy with the way things are being handled. I wish some one would have a come to jesus meeting with China and Japan and tell them it was high time they cleaned up their backyard. Apparently no one has spoken that bluntly with them yet. See this is where the beloved UN shows they are void taking up a perfectly good building in New York. And I personally believe it is going to take the US sitting down and crossing their arms, to bring home the point that the UN is a gutless, unmotivated group of do-nothings.

I realize the jeopardy South Korea is in...but whether we handle this, or somebody else does, the South Koreans are STILL in the same jeopardy.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You have quite the point, Val. Iraq was one of those places that needed to be cleaned up by us as Cold War refuse, North Korea needs a Russian broom and mop to sweep across it as well. China can assist.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I suspect that this is NK trying to get China's attention as they just found out that China is heading to the US to discuss the situation. Kim (the Hair) Jong Il is, I suspect, beginning to panic a bit as the US has not come to the table yet.
Val is absolutely correct about the UN situation as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
TeFa Ched

If this thing escalates, it will not be nearly as peaceful as Iraq 1 and Iraq 2, nor will it be as peaceful as Vietnam. It will turn into a "kiss your booty bye-bye" war. We can only hope that this can be stopped before it starts.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
AHH!! i cant believe nobody here gets that this crap is all planned ...korea is planned too....this "mounting rapidly" situation is not getting any better, its going to get worse.."we" do not have to step in but we going to anyway arnt we?? we are because it for the govts benfit of taking over countries...and causing more poverty than there already is until one day there will nothing to take over so it will become one govt?/

Sirius

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Korean war isnt over. only a cease fire was signed. its a question of when not if the korean war is going to flare back up again. and when it does i hope kimmy had had some practice kissing his ass good bye

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I thought both korea's were still actually in a state of war?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Look like the sh@t has hit the fan. If there is a war many people will die. I afriad the North Koreans may use chemical or bio weapons.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
kimmy wont have time to use em in a war. theyll be destroyed within a matter of hours by devestating round the clock air strikes. kimmy;s forces will be reduced to a fraction of them selves in a matter of hours to a few days! kimmy anit got # on the US

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
lil kim got los of sam sites all over korea i read that russia sold them couple of s300
, that means no fly zone.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Those SAM's are indeed a worry Stranger, the ranges of the S-300's and 400's are enormous, and they can track stealth aircraft, however i think the majority of those sites will be taken out by Seals before an air campaign.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
lil kim got los of sam sites all over korea i read that russia sold them couple of s300
, that means no fly zone.

All that means is we send in the stealths and some tomahawks, take out the sam sites and pave the way for the rest of our airforce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join