It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space station astronauts take shelter to avoid new orbital debris cloud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The US military says it's aware of a "debris-generating event," which may be linked to a Russian weapons test.

This was supposedly caused by a Russian anti-satellite weapons test.

And yet some people still insist that space has not been weaponized.

Talk about dangerous luddites.

Space is fully weaponized and has been for many years, despite ridiculous opinions (based on no facts) voiced by gov't lackey's or those who choose to remain willfully blind.

Don't be a luddite - open your eyes and use your head!

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I bet there are three or four countries with weapons in space minimum. Russia is just testing one of their war toys.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Reagan was funding it back in the 80's. You don't need to be a conspiracy person to believe we have space based weapons, you just have to pay attention.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Reagan was funding it back in the 80's. You don't need to be a conspiracy person to believe we have space based weapons, you just have to pay attention.

Of course we do. Why do you think Trump created the space force?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, we've known for a while now that Russia has a satellite or satellites that can be maneuvered around in space. Space is definitely weaponized.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

Yeah, we've known for a while now that Russia has a satellite or satellites that can be maneuvered around in space. Space is definitely weaponized.

There's not even anything terribly challenging about weaponizing Earth's orbit. Just put some rockets on a satellite that can be aimed as needed. The nature of satellites dictates that they are always in the same orbit, making it a simple matter to compute an impact point. The rocket doesn't even need to have an explosive payload, since at the speeds we're talking about the impact alone is enough to obliterate the target.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

For any given time period we won't know what kind of tech they really have for decades. Just think about stealth bombers and all the crazy things from history that we know about now. The government never stops, there's just a period of mystery in between.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Seems like a tungsten rod from that altitude would have a reasonable impact on the area it hit.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

The US military says it's aware of a "debris-generating event," which may be linked to a Russian weapons test.

This was supposedly caused by a Russian anti-satellite weapons test.

Talk about dangerous luddites.

Space is fully weaponized and has been for many years, despite ridiculous opinions (based on no facts) voiced by gov't lackey's or those who choose to remain willfully blind.

Don't be a luddite - open your eyes and use your head!

Are they sure this isn't caused as a side effect of covid or maybe global warming lol. They had better use a PCR test on space, just to be sure ;-) I mean seriously, that's how stupid it's gotten these days. Heart attacks in infants to 10 year olds caused by smoking cannabis, that's another new line. Don't look at the elephant in the room with the pointy syringe like look....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

They use it as a loophole. The weapon was fired from the ground, sea, or air into space. It's not launched from a space-based location. So by treaty loopholes it's allowed, as the weapon is only transiting through.

a reply to: rickymouse

There are no known orbital based weapons systems. The US, China, and Russia all would have the capability, but no real need to incur the expense. It's just cheaper to keep things on the ground, so to speak. Also, the satellites could very easily be tracked, by governments and private entities alike.

www.heavens-above.com...
www.n2yo.com...
www.space-track.org...

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

To consolidate several branches of the military with similar scope into one, cohesive unit.

a reply to: VierEyes

Maneuverable satellites don't equate weapons. Changing orbits is expensive on fuel. Also, see above about being tracked.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They're one and the same; that is, "conspiracy theorists" are usually people who pay attention.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hope they provided enough desks for the students, I mean ISS researchers to hide under….

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

And that is what I believe crop circles are. Those weapons being calibrated right under our noses in the guise of drunken men with boards and strings.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Any sort of space based optical weapon would be better calibrated on salt flats. They're as flat as naturally possible with a high albedo. This is something already done with observational instruments. And typically a lot more of controlled environment.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Who knows what else they have in space with both countries. We never know what else they have.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Sure you would use the salt flats to zero it out but if it’s microwaved based, which I believe it to be, I don’t know how much the flats would benefit.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Space commerce will become increasingly important but to have to run the gauntlet of bullet speed shrapnel all the time pushes that commercial access further and further away.

We need some orbital garbage men.

Sadly, it's not a joke.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I shouldn't have just limited to optical, as anything on the electromagnetic spectrum is what I meant. I apologize for the mistake on my part. The rest of my previous statement still stands.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

Call it anti satellite weapons. No doubt Space Force is plotting and planning.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

A field with crops is a great indicator of size if viewed from space. If you know the distance between the rows and then the length of the rows then have something to adjust from.
The microwave can then be tested by printing an image across the landscape using the foliage. You cannot do that on a barren landscape.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join