It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerborg introduces Ray Ban camera glasses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Google Glass bombed because they were obvious devices and people were threatening folks wearing them when they entered into bars to (presumably) record.

Now Zuckerberg is hocking a more "low key" model that isn't as identifiable and obvious.

Don't get me wrong, when I was a little "spy kid" back in the 1980's I would have totally begged for these for Christmas, and a few years ago when I was being gangstalked I thought about getting a pair to record the street theatre but decided not to and handle it a different way and everything worked out in the end.

But these days, I'm not so sure people would be on the up and up with them.

The younger generation seems to have their cell phones at the ready for every embarassing social action and while some of them are calling out bad behaviour and uncivil behavior in order to have video evidence for law enforcement I can't help but wonder how any of these Ray Bans will be used for the "greater good".

It's a crazy world out there these days.

We can only help for the best and that the Junior Spy League uses them wisely.

edit on 11/14/21 by GENERAL EYES because: edit for spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I would give it a month or two for the bug bounty guys to find all sorts of interesting things, maybe 6 months to a year for malicious use. Most don't have to worry about that aspect, but high profile folks that enjoy tech? Congratulations you've now opened an avenue beyond your smart phone and home automation,

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Suck is a puppet.

Maybe literally 😂

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Remember when Google Glasses were discontinued because they were more expensive than iPhones and posed the question of "does this thing really stop recording when I tell it to?"

Are we seriously expecting this to be different?

Yes like I've said, it's not a new concept. I'm not expecting old misuses to be corrected and no I expect the device to "Record" when not noticed by the owner of the product. It's Facebook/Meta after all. They make no secret about collecting data.

Camera tech has gotten smaller and higher in resolution. Eyewear is a nice vehicle to use in these cases. A camera phone is to noticeable unlike a Watch, Lapel or Eyeglasses.

Edit: here's an actaul review for everyone to watch if anybody would like. It's 16mins and fairly informative.

edit on 14-11-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Should be fun watching people getting punched for wearing shades indoors...

"Hey, man, I wasn't recording!"

"Don't care.....it still looks silly".

by the way, the two most reliable determining factors for a brighter future are hairstyles and attitudes.
(everyone knows that).

edit on 14112021 by Tulpa because: Clarification

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

🎵🎶🎶 I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher
He wears dark glasses🎶🎶🎵

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Mommies in mohawks, Daddies in dreadlocks,
Heavy metal Goldilocks trying to look tough.
The wet look, the dry look, the F.B.I. look,
but can you judge a crook by his cover-up?

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This technology is useful for monitoring government assets in the field and processing performance data. That's pretty much where the practical applications end.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hehe

Ok that's a good point.
Reminds me of Niantic and Pokemon.
nianticlabs.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hopefully, social media "applications" will also provide some entertainment.

"Here's me getting punched on the bus...."
"Here's me getting thrown out of a bar".
"This is where I got chased out of the school".
"Here I am at the market having vegetables thrown at me".
"I'm being followed by some kids holding up their "Hi Mom" signs.....who then robbed me"
"This last ones a classic....getting arrested at the gym!.......I can have the glasses back after my court date".

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Can't stop laughing😆😆👍🏼

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You've got a Pee Em.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Edit: language

Grey Area, Posse, NWO.....
Climate Change needs surveillance
It's all a joke and hence this is in the JOKES forum yet it's real.

www.google.com... ng&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

*Casey Neistat not a criminal, just an example of scuffed up Ray Ban's*

Comedian Joey B. Discusses Mark Zuckerberg take on Ray Ban's new take on an old design from Snapchat. These new glasses come equipped with 2 cameras and I'm not sure about the audio.
The glasses have a light feature that illuminates when the glasses are recording. It's said to revolutionize social media with capturing everything you see.

Joey points out quickly the flaws in all of this. He takes the predator approach.

My wonder is if Fair Use will come into play with privacy. Somebody makes a YT video with me in the background eating a jug of coleslaw on a friday night at the beach.😣
www.copyright.gov...

Could come in handy in a legal issue if you tell the person you're recording and they say it's ok.

Right! Onward!

What was so weird about this. This morning I'm watching this YT video, then bang! Instagram floods my acct with these Ray Ban camera glasses. Not even before login into IG, the notices started popping up.

Happy nude sunbathing yinzers!

***UPDATE***

Casey Neistat, still not a criminal received a pair of Ray-Ban camera glasses. Just uploaded a bit ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join