It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween this wonderful time of the year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Where we gather to have a drink with the dead. Samhain, right? On Monday all catholics pray at the cemetaries.
It's all about the dead.
Curious Zuckerberg chose this time of the year to name his company meta, which sounds like the hebrew word for dead I've read somewhere.

My first encounter with death when I was old enough to understand it, was when one of my bestfriend's mother died. That was #ed up. They had that kind of relationship you just wish all mothers would be like that with their kid.
They were really best friends, they trusted eachother, the only time I ever did homework was when I went home to her after school. Because that's just how it was in their house. The mother had created that kind of environment where kids just were good kids.
We were around 14 I'd say. On bikes, a little boys and party it was all good.
And then it all changed. I just didn't know how to handle it and wasn't very good at being there for her. She also always had boyfriends I didn't like, so we drifted apart.
I firmly believe her mother is still with her watching over her.

Then my Opa died. He was a real Nazi in the war and all. To the East. I got the luxury of having both in my family history people who died in KZs too.
Anyhoo since I knew him he was disabled and had a stroke, so he was a bit crooked when moving and parts of the face muscles weren't working. He had a curious selective deaf syndrom, he heard just fine when it was something interesting, when he was asked something to do, or he just didn't want to have anything to do with he totally couldn't hear at all. It was a running gag in my family.
I obviously can't say we spent that much time together. He was always in his workshop, building something, or chopping wood. Go for a walk.
But when we talked it was always about what I was currently interested in. "Ah ja da hab ich ein Buch für Dich"
Means: ah yes I got a book for you.
I loved that.
He died from a heart attack. My Oma was never the same again after he was gone.
To me he was after all just my Opa, no matter what he did or who he was to others, he was funny, gave me books and had a 'I rule this family' vibe to me as a kid that was nice for me.

Oh right the very first I believe was when my Cousin died. But that was more a mythological experience to me. I do remember it but it was before a time I had really memories, so most of what I remember is really my family talking about it.
He was the sports guy in our family not quite 18 years old, skiing mostly and football/soccer and everything fun. Very popular, the whole town was at his funeral, basically everybody his age and everybody who knew him.
1 day before his 18th birthday he and a friend drove on an icy day to school lost control and hit another car.
The minute he died I was at my aunts when the phone rang and nobody spoke. I've heard that a lot. I bet that's something we lose if we no longer use landlines.

My father died not that long ago.
And I will have a with them.
Tomorrow

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Are you afraid to die?
I already died once. I've told it before, but in short:
I was on the trail with my horse. One always needed to be aware with him, he was a sports horse, jumped in his youth so he was always looking for a reason to go. And a diva. Also smart, cute and funny. Around the stable he was peace in person, a kid ran through under his belly once he didn't move a muscle just looked (I'd swear) amused.
But when it was go time it was go time.
Sorry I love him.
Anyhoo we were out and it was okay. I payed very close attention to move as little as possible only when I really wanted him to do something.
I had a jumping stick with me, because sometimes he tried to discuss where we're going and my hand moves and splash! We shoot forward, of course. I try to grasp what just happened with the deep breath sinking in the saddle, take the reins a bit shorter and splash! I #ing hit him again.
Me: I'm sorry! That wasn't me!
Horse: bites in the reins, lays his head in really heavy and just goes full throttle
He goes around the corner slips and I just see the road getting closer to my face and bamm! Out!

Now you've got all those fancy after life stories floating around, mine is very unspecific.
A grayish area parts a bit brighter or darker but no colour. With blurred figures, I believe 3, stopping me from going to the brighter grey:
Do you want to continue to play?

I got up grabbed the reins and we limped home. He was under shock too I swear. He just followed me tried to make it look like he wasn't there.
We went in the stable I just open his bridle we drop it, he passes me with the shoulder I just open the saddle with one hand, he goes faster I pull the saddle over his back. In his box, hay, door closed. The end.
But I swear we had a telepathic relationship after that.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You know it doesn't always have to be god*/s or alien*/s.
This is the time of the year where we used to celebrate their sacrifices.
You know military and police and secret stuff in Germany has a reputation of being far-right.
I always just assumed that's the case everywhere. Because I believe personality traits and such formative things are closely related to how you lean politically.
You're not Republican Democrat or kangaroo, left right liberal fascist whatever because you're so super smart but you were basically born that way.
There used to be a use for that.
One thing I just can't handle: why do men have nipples? It doesn't make sense!
They realised it's always going to be 50/50 that's why they did this back in the olden days.
Sneaky bastards. Controlled Opposition. Ever heard of that it's a thing.
Like the children (oh no not the children!) go out to protest for the climate. Ain't it cute. Because that's something where politicians can score quick democratic leverage: appear to give a # about the people.
'We kill the climate around 2050 or something, we got some vage stuff in our drawers, we want you to think that's an actual issue we talk about when we meet'

Sorry I keep drifting off topic.
Thanks for bearing with me this far.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Right. The Dead.
It's well established we decide how life in the future will be. What if the dead in their post mortem future are also interested in what we do before the next phase of our existence? Maybe it makes things harder for them too? If we'd only send bitter old folks and the desperate over to the next world.
Can you die happy?
If you'd know for sure new adventures await on the other side, would that influence your mood?
Now is a great time for a shout-out from our beloved dead. Don't you think?
And that would go down easier for everybody if our deads would disclose themselves than aliens or demons, right?
Relations with a relative should be easy.
As a start.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Did you not know, not to worship or try to make contact with the dead?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It's actually quite lovely.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did you not know, not to worship or try to make contact with the dead?

Actually if you are German as you allege, Germans go to the cemeteries on 1 Nov each year to pray to the dead, not 31 October.... it's called Allerheiligen, a Roman Catholic tradition....

edit on 30-10-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It's Samhain in between, the night of the dead.
It's like in a hotel. You arrive check in, do stuff, sleep, do stuff, check out, do stuff, go home.
1 night includes 2 days. At least half.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Also known as Halloween or Hallow eves....also a big day holy day for Satanist.

Be careful with spiritualism, it bites back.

Oa reply to: Peeple

edit on 30-10-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Love bites

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

A couple of halloweens ago, i prepared a magic potion, downed it, and got to meet my dead grandfather, was amazing, there were other ancestral spirits too, but they stayed back, they just watched us.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Halloween... the costumes, the candy, the fun! The parties...I have such good memories from my younger years. May many have good memories this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

edit on 10/30/21 by GENERAL EYES because: wrong thread

new topics

top topics

join