It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Stats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When you're in desktop mode and you click on the drop down button next to the log out button, then you click "profile", you get a list of threads you've authored, and a list of "basic stats" on the left. I don't understand what Applause, Member Karma or WATS score is. If some pro can help please do.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonstar7

they are basic social media narcissistic stats which allow for a release of dopamine to the user so to encourage more engagement with the website and thus create more threads and as such earn more ££$$ for the website via traffic

they mean little to nothing in the real world, you cant spend them as yet on cryptos

I think applause can be nominated for posts/threads by mods as for karma and wats I have no idea

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Some information is around the boards, I think schuyler's thread linked below probably tries to explain it best... although the finer details could be wrong or have changed over time. Don't worry about it, though. Keep posting and enjoy your stay.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29/10/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Dopamine hits?

Most of the threads here ruin my day...

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Oh, by the way, this might be a bit off-topic but how long do you have to be on ATS until you're not considered a noob anymore?

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Every now and again, usually on the first of April, somebody puts up a joke thread identifying a secret agent/spy/best person on ATS/worst person on ATS, and adds a link which directs every reader to their own Member profile.
Anyone who responds with surprised indignation counts as a noob.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The WATS score is cumulative, combining numbers of posts, stars and flags.
The formula for Karma includes the instruction "divide by the number of posts", which means it goes up and down. Everybody starts with a score of 20, but if they make four posts without receiving stars or flags they have already gone down to 5. People who talk a lot without saying anything of value get low karma scores. You have received lots of flags on a small number of posts, which is why yours is as high as 29.
Applauses come individually, direct from one of the moderators. There will be a message.

posted on Nov, 1 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonstar7
Oh, by the way, this might be a bit off-topic but how long do you have to be on ATS until you're not considered a noob anymore?

Been here for over 15 years and I still think of myself as a Newb... So I'm not the one to ask.

top topics

join