It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question.......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Pardon my ignorance then. I'm just not as enlightened as you on this subject.

I'll take another stab at the question:

Is it because Helious wants to be rude and insulting to people on the internet?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Perhaps you should read up on the DSCOVR, the Deep Space Climate Observatory satellite. Its ran by NOAA, that's the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. They do all kinds of sciency stuff relating to the atmosphere, the climate, weather, the oceans. Stuff like that.
That satellite takes lots of pics of earth from afar, and even the moon! You can even watch videos of the earth, pretty cool stuff.
Here's the wiki explaining it. wiki on it

Here's some cool pics of the entire earth from space that are fairly recent, there's lots and lots and lots more if you go looking.

One of them even has the moon transiting the Earth! How cool is that???

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I scanned this thread earlier and didn't reply because it seemed pointless with all the bickering, but there are some technical reasons why. However, before illustrating these there is a question for you...

a.) You talk about live video of the Earth, but what exactly do you mean? In other words, what resolution would satisfy you?

You see, the Earth is a pretty big object from a space travel perspective. Equally, the Moon is pretty far away from Earth. Satellites orbit the earth anywhere from 400 miles to about 35,000 miles above Earth. Even at 35,000 miles the Earth is still so large that it can't be photographed all at once. In the same breath, from the Moon the Earth is pretty small (because the Earth is pretty far away). So, the entire Earth can be captured from the Moon, but not in very great detail due to the distance.

It seems like what you are asking for is live high resolution images of Earth from space. To do this the photographs would need to be taken from a region which is very distant from Earth, but not as distant as the Moon. Satellites don't orbit in this region, thus no live pictures of Earth. Pictures of the Earth from the Moon have little commercial value...because you can't see much detail. Pictures from existing satellites have incredible detail, but they are so close to Earth they cannot image the whole Earth all at once.

So, if you want these images so badly, all you have to do is design, fund and launch a satellite which orbits the Earth at about one of the Lagrange points (about 2-3x higher than the highest orbiting satellite) such that it could image the entire Earth all in one image.

Simple, right?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Because, maybe, there are things on earth a certain group of people would rather not be advertised, because maybe it might lead to questions being asked, about those things? Just a guess, mind you ...

Etc....

If your never asked a question, you never have the need to answer it...

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

True, we don't know everything there is to know about Earth. But how far down will camera on the moon drill? What pictures from a cam on the moon can we show to school children that we can not show them now with pics from satellites?

There really is no upside to this idea. If we want to monitor something on Earth a camera on the moon will be limited to the time when that part of Earth is facing the cam, assuming the weather permits. Or, we can put a satellite in geo-synchronous orbit and take all the pictures of that area we want.

I did a little research and found that the last whole Earth image taken by a live person was Apollo 17 in 1972. However, there have been many whole Earth photos taken since then by unmanned spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It really is simple.

Go and take one picture of the earth from space that proves it's a sphere*.
No composite, no templates on glass, no CGI, no photoshop or other image manipulation.

If we need bombs, bullets, missiles, warplanes, aircraft carriers, tanks.. etc the money is there.. Billions upon billions...

Where's the picture?

edit on 30-10-2021 by EA006 because: *Oblate Spheroid

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
...To get a single non-faked image of the Earth for the sake of the posterity of the entire Human Race?

The OP is correct - why wouldn't you? Unless there was no way to perform the necessary action because the Mars images are faked, and the Earth (& Moon, for that matter) are simply not what we are told that they are? In an age of deep fakes & photoshop version infinity, it stands to reason that those pretty ISS videos might in actual fact turn out to be faked to the hilt.

And yes, this is all done with the purpose of obfuscating the paradigm-shattering reality of what this world is in actuality. There's so much faked ISS footage, both internal & external, and faked Moon transits (the worst CGI in living memory, on that front) that it would be deeply offensive to our collective intelligence if you were to suggest that you are unable to locate that footage & then assess it accurately using nothing more than common sense.

Someone should have figured out how to use photoshop before trying to con the world.

Unless, they are deliberately introducing faked images & restricting access to certain imaging technologies & assets in space, for the very purpose of launching a campaign to distract & discredit a raft of alternative thinkers.....?

But I don't think they have the smarts for that, and all the worst examples of fakery are probably created, approved & released by disaffected workers within the space industry who want to blow the whistle but know they would forfeit their lives in short order as a guaranteed outcome of so doing.

a reply to: surfer_soul

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be on the Moon - just high enough up so that you get one snap for posterity, showing the Earth in its true glory. It's like saying that you'll be gettting married and there will be a photographer present, but you've told him not to take any photos because everyone who's been invited already knows what you & your bride look like, so what's the point?

a reply to: Vroomfondel

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
It doesn't have to be on the Moon - just high enough up so that you get one snap for posterity, showing the Earth in its true glory. It's like saying that you'll be gettting married and there will be a photographer present, but you've told him not to take any photos because everyone who's been invited already knows what you & your bride look like, so what's the point?

Have you not been paying attention?

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I see the flat earthers have arrived.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was thinking more a live feed then photos of particular areas. Also of the background stars and planets.

Something to image the radiation belts would be handy and if we could wack a caretakers hut nearby I’ll fricking move there

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Do you even understand how ridiculous that sounds?

With out a doubt this is a damn good question. There damn well should
be SURVEILLANCE OF OUR HOME from the moon. But there isn't and that
is very odd.

posted on Oct, 30 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

Do you even understand how ridiculous that sounds?

With out a doubt this is a damn good question. There damn well should
be SURVEILLANCE OF OUR HOME from the moon. But there isn't and that
is very odd.

Not odd at all, if you know what the moon really is... lol lol

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It really is simple.

Go and take one picture of the earth from space that proves it's a sphere*.
No composite, no templates on glass, no CGI, no photoshop or other image manipulation.

If we need bombs, bullets, missiles, warplanes, aircraft carriers, tanks.. etc the money is there.. Billions upon billions...

Where's the picture?

What about videos from the ISS? Showing it orbiting a sphere?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What would be the point? You'd only call it fake/CGI?

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

What about this being a conspiracy site and every single post of yours taking the opposite stance...

edit on 31-10-2021 by EA006 because: //

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Because there isn't a good reason to. or at least I can't think of any that would justify the expense and effort.

but, "Don't tell me that there is no reason, I can list over a dozen. "

I'll settle for 3. no reason to list the entire 12+.

posted on Oct, 31 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RealDealer

First and only post....???

The expense compared to the trillions we've already wasted...

The Achievement and pride of filming our home world..

The end of the flat earth debate..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join