It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb-Cyclone . Son of Bombogenisis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What’s with this term? It’s everywhere now. In the Northwest last week describing a storm that was headed in from the Pacific. Then I heard it again about a storm on the East Coast.

Now I hear it being used to describe a huge storm in the South. So I looked it up and sure enough it really is a real term and not just a ‘’scare’’ term that is being used to scare the crap out of us.

Apparently the first use of the term can be traced back to 1987. The term Bombogenisis can be traced back to a Masters thesis in 1989.

www.merriam-webster.com...

his research explores the processes responsible for the explosive cyclogenesis that took place over the Mid-West United States during 14-15 December 1987. Climatology shows that a high frequency of "bombogenesis" occurs over the ocean.
— Michael E. Adams, Anatomy of a “Bomb” Diagnostic Investigation of Explosive Cyclogenesis Over the Mid-West United States, 1989

So this is not just a term dreamed up by the mass media to have us quaking in our boots but rather a real word. I’m tired of hearing it already.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's a real meteorological term and I think it refers to a drastic drop in pressure. There was a bomb cyclone over the midwest not so many years ago? Maybe it was last year even.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

But not bombastic .
Now , where did I hear that word ?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
We just got hit with one here. Whole bunch of rain, real fast. Streets flooded.( Im at 19 foot elevation) I was ready to tape up my back garage door, as I have in the past. I kept checking the garage for water. My garage is the lowest part of my home. This house has 3 levels. The wind blew hard too. I slept upstairs in a front bedroom, away from the giant tree in the back, just in case it blew over on the house.

Dad lives a mile west of me. He called the next day, all excited. The storm drains clogged up with leaves, and the street flooded about 2 feet deep. It was just inches from going into his garage when it subsided
edit on 27-10-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This Upcoming Climate Catastrophe, the "Bomb-Cyclone" will continue to increase in numbers until we are all eating Bug Burgers and Driving $200 000 Electric Cars.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It may be a real word, but I'm pretty sure that the MSM types pulled it out of their butts precisely because it sounds scary.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Climatology shows that a high frequency of "bombogenesis" occurs over the ocean.

Global Swarming is in Full Effect.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The term bomb cyclone was first used in 1947-1948 ..

Many times a bomb cyclone and bombogenesis are used interchangeably.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Exactly my point. Like we went from ''killer bees'' to Murder Hornets''

Comin to getcha.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Thanks for that. I kinda thought that they were interchangeable.

Bombogenesis cracks me up. I get a vision of Adam and Eve dong the Rumba around a campfire.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I stumbled on this strangeness... El Nino La Nina Derechio now bomb cyclone and abacab genesis ..

will it ever end?

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

Climatology shows that a high frequency of "bombogenesis" occurs over the ocean.

Global Swarming is in Full Effect.

Water, with sharks, frozen, crashing down from a mountain onto unsuspecting pastoral town below. You know it...

Sharkalanche!!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Being an offshore commercial fisherman for many years I can say with certainty this term or something like it but simpler has been used for decades.
This one’s gonna bomb out etc.
In the past tense it was, pressures went over the cliff or fell like a rock.
These ‘new’ terms are just sensationalism.
The weather channel……yeah, no. Just NO!
They act like they are rock stars or something and whoever dresses them and does the makeup these days should be chitcanned.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

What’s with this term? It’s everywhere now. In the Northwest last week describing a storm that was headed in from the Pacific. Then I heard it again about a storm on the East Coast.

Now I hear it being used to describe a huge storm in the South. So I looked it up and sure enough it really is a real term and not just a ‘’scare’’ term that is being used to scare the crap out of us.

Apparently the first use of the term can be traced back to 1987. The term Bombogenisis can be traced back to a Masters thesis in 1989.

his research explores the processes responsible for the explosive cyclogenesis that took place over the Mid-West United States during 14-15 December 1987. Climatology shows that a high frequency of "bombogenesis" occurs over the ocean.
— Michael E. Adams, Anatomy of a “Bomb” Diagnostic Investigation of Explosive Cyclogenesis Over the Mid-West United States, 1989

So this is not just a term dreamed up by the mass media to have us quaking in our boots but rather a real word. I’m tired of hearing it already.

Its a made up sensationalist turn coined when they were first trying to get news viewers 24/7 on channels like CNN. Its weather. The wanted to make weather something people would watch, so you insert words like bomb that they watch other news programs for. Its group tested BS for gullible people. Someone found it on a college paper, which gave it tiny shred of credibility, so they ran with it. There are derogatory slang terms for bodily functions I wont say that are more accurate to your body than the term 'bomb cyclone' is to weather.

The news has been playing these games forever. Thank you internet for opening the eyes of most useful idiots.
edit on 28-10-2021 by TrollMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Its a made up sensationalist turn coined when they were first trying to get news viewers 24/7 on channels like CNN. Its weather. The wanted to make weather something people would watch, so you insert words like bomb that they watch other news programs for. Its group tested BS for gullible people. Someone found it on a college paper, which gave it tiny shred of credibility, so they ran with it. There are derogatory slang terms for bodily functions I wont say that are more accurate to your body than the term 'bomb cyclone' is to weather.

The news has been playing these games forever. Thank you internet for opening the eyes of most useful idiots.

Sure, if you ignore the fact that the terms in question have been around since the 1940's and those same terms were created by weather services.

Yah if you ignore that then it is made up by CNN.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

1987 www.merriam-webster.com...

Not sure what you are going on about. Hurt feelings I guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Free Tickets For Multi Trillion Dollar Private ICO In Exchange For Media Introduction Marketing

We are going to do a special multi trillion dollar ICO very soon, but at the moment we are lacking in “introduction marketing” and the investors and public are not yet aware of us and this godlike cryptocurrency.

We can reveal to you this:
– This coin is going to bring peace for all the people.
– This coin will be loved by all national governments and the people as well.
– The USA will erase the economic sanctions on North Korea and Iran immediately for sure.

We are offering all the media outlets, social media influencers, youtubers, etc. a chance to receive free tickets to join the private ICO.
The number of tickets depends on how big, how powerful your organization is, it can range from 1 to 100 tickets.

The conditions to receive a free ticket are simple: A minumun of 7 days before the private ICO date: you must post/share out this new cryptocurrency coin project and our official website on all of your media channels from television, newspapers, to websites, social media account, etc.

The benefits you will receive:
– 1 free interview with the team about anything related to the project. (with time limited)
– With the ticket(s) you will have access to the private ICO for your members.
– Potentially receive free coins for your organization (worth at minimum 1 million USD to 1 billion dollars), all will be revealed on the private ICO.

You will not be allowed to sell/share the ticket for any others since it will be designed only for you.

If you are interested in this offer then you can contact us by email: [email protected]
or any of our communication platforms on our website.

Best Regard,
Saviors From Cyber Group

Source: saviorscyber.com

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Explosive Cyclogenisis of which a bomb cyclone is synonymous...

"In the 1940s and 1950s, meteorologists at the Bergen School of Meteorology began informally calling some storms that grew over the sea "bombs" because they developed with a great ferocity rarely seen over land.[5]

By the 1970s, the terms "explosive cyclogenesis" and even "meteorological bombs" were being used by MIT professor Fred Sanders (building on work from the 1950s by Tor Bergeron), who brought the term into common usage in a 1980 article in the Monthly Weather Review.[5][10] In 1980, Sanders and his colleague John Gyakum defined a "bomb" as an extratropical cyclone that deepens by at least (24 sin φ/ sin 60°)mb in 24 hours, where φ represents latitude. "

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

"Explosive cyclogenesis (also referred to as a weather bomb, meteorological bomb, explosive development, bomb cyclone or bombogenesis) is the rapid deepening of an extratropical cyclonic low-pressure area."

"In the 1940s and 1950s, meteorologists at the Bergen School of Meteorology began informally calling some storms that grew over the sea "bombs" because they developed with a great ferocity rarely seen over land."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join