It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jetson 1-Official Launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We've got another one, ATS. Yes, another company has thrown its hat into the flying car ring with its rendition called the Jetson 1.

A complete vehicle is 92 000 USD with a 22 000 USD deposit needed to reserve a build slot. Customers will have a 50% assembled kit for home completion with build instructions. The max weight for a person is 210lbs so I might be able to get one; however, it is very close! Last time I weighed my self, I was 205lbs!

Meet the Jetson ONE.
Jetson ONE is an ultralight and extremely fun to fly recreational all-electric personal vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft. Test pilot: Tomasz Patan - Founder & CTO at Jetson

Our mission is to make the skies available for everyone with our safe personal electric aerial vehicle.
Are you ready to experience a completely new and exciting way of travel?
Please share and subscribe. With your support the future of personal aviation begins now!

Facebook: www.facebook.com...
Tiktok: www.tiktok.com...@jetsonaero
Instagram: www.instagram.com...
Linkedin: linkedin.com...

It is for sale If anyone want to have their own Jetson ONE. Jetson One only plans to build 12 vehicles this year slated for delivery in autumn 2022. I see no infrastructure for flying vehicles in cities so I'm guessing these will have to be flown in open fields or special designated places designed for them. Maybe a racetrack....? That would be kinda cool to see -Daytona-Flying Car edition!

What say you, ATS?

www.jetsonaero.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-10-2021 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29/10/2021 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Cool one of them and a pair of those robot dogs with sniper rifles for a face I’ll be all set for the Democrat apocalypse. Awesome stuff

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The 50% assembly is what worries me. I can just see it now. People will put together the remaining 50% and end up with a few unused pieces when they're done. A lot of people can't assemble Ikea furniture.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You couldn't fly very long, from their web site in the OP.

Maximum pilot weight 95KG / 210LBS

Flight time (85kg/187lbs pilot weight) 20 minutes

So I guess if your a big person, say 6'3", 220/230 pounds or more your just SOL.

For damn near a hundred thousand I'd expect more flight time and carrying capacity.

edit on 26-10-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

When I was 9 years old and saw Back to the Future II for the first time, I thought we'd have something like the movie by the time I was a dad. At least my 9 year old kid will have hover cars and hoverboards when he's a dad.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

if it came with those parachutes they can put on a Cessna i would consider taking a ride.

as a pretty avid drone 'piolet' i wouldnt trust that thing with my life, battery issues or bird strikes or even getting to close to a tree or power lines would drop you out of the sky like a stone.

still cool and a step closer to personal flying rides

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Clearly whoever designed it was female. Forget the 20 minute maximum flight, my twig and berries couldn’t be crunched up like that longer than 2 minutes.

Why don’t the ever show these things landing??? Or taking off for that matter.

And don’t worry about the mind numbing noise boys and girls — that’s just from the 8 rotating 2 foot props that are right by your freaking head!

Just hell to the NO on all accounts!

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

imagine what the insurance would cost to use one of these things as a real transport method

they would HAVE to use AI to get you around, put where you want to go into the car and it takes you there, i don't trust most people driving on the roads let alone in 3D

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
HAHAHA! A self-contained drone!

I think it's downright cool. This makes me want to build one for myself... just not gonna fork over 92 grand for something with a 20 minute flight time. That would barely get me to town.

It might have a market, though. Imagine these things with a better flight time, lower cost (everything new comes down in cost when the economy of scale kicks in), built-in ground sensors to maintain a maximum altitude, and solar recharge capabilities (this is one of those rare situations where solar power makes good sense). You could have a two-tier highway system with the top level devoted to short commutes, reducing traffic congestion in cities. Drive it to work, let it recharge via solar all day, and drive it home to let it charge overnight.

Nice find, OP! S&F.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I would trust people in 3D before I would trust "AI" in 3D.

Remember: to err is human; to really foul things up you need a computer.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

TBH if I bought one I would probably pay someone who has some experience building ultralights to build the other 50% lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Changing my name to George and my wife's to Jane .
"Jane , Jane get me off this crazy thing."

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would need to see a model with at least 45min to an hr flight time before I thought about it. Since you can't really fly an ultralight any old place it might make any store run difficult. I could see a market for sight seeing and that sort of thing. Imagine you have 4 or 5 you could rent at a beach or national park!

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

You couldn't fly very long, from their web site in the OP.

Maximum pilot weight 95KG / 210LBS

Flight time (85kg/187lbs pilot weight) 20 minutes

So I guess if your a big person, say 6'3", 220/230 pounds or more your just SOL.

For damn near a hundred thousand I'd expect more flight time and carrying capacity.

And be fully assembled

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I agree; flight time thus far is dismal. I would say an hour at least, preferably two.

This would not operate like a traditional ultralight, though. A traditional ultralight still needs a runway to land or take off. This thing can take off and land vertically. A trip to a store would just be like, locate a parking space, hover above it, and drop gently into place. Rooftops could even make dedicated parking, since no roadway access is needed.

There would likely be some new regulations needed, as I don't think the FAA has a classification for this kind of thing. Or would it be considered the pervue of the DOT since it's maximum altitude would be so low? I'm really talking about a vehicle that can maybe max out at 20-25 feet, and normally fly at 15 feet (all these based on ground level, not sea level).

Now we just need a method of propulsion that doesn't use spinning blades...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
People forget planes and helicopters are already invented, so overhyped imo.
But perhaps I am only angry perhaps I am to heavy to try one

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
People forget planes and helicopters are already invented, so overhyped imo.
But perhaps I am only angry perhaps I am to heavy to try one

If you had a robot dog with a sniper rifle for a face and one of those with a remote control, you might change your tune… to 🤩

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Only way to make flying cars safe is if they are autonomous and can only fly in pre-programmed patterns.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

That looks so fun!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join