It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three abandoned kids and a skeleton found in Texas home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Bloody hell, what in the world is going on in Texas *horrid*

"children were inside the apartment on their own
for “quite a long time” and appeared to have been living
there when the body of the fourth child decomposed into a skeleton.
Police have been attempting to find the children’s next of kin.
Some media reports said the police located the
children’s mother and boyfriend, who were being interviewed.
The children were taking care of each other.
It appears they were basically fending for each other.
The older sibling was doing the best she could to take care of the others”

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf

Bloody hell, what in the world is going on in Texas *horrid*

"children were inside the apartment on their own
for “quite a long time” and appeared to have been living
there when the body of the fourth child decomposed into a skeleton.
Police have been attempting to find the children’s next of kin.
Some media reports said the police located the
children’s mother and boyfriend, who were being interviewed.
The children were taking care of each other.
It appears they were basically fending for each other.
The older sibling was doing the best she could to take care of the others”

Well that is halloween for you... Holy buckets...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Four kids technically. So sad , there are just no words , empty sadness
Those poor poor kids! The horrible 'mother' who was having fun with her bf , abandoning her poor kids, she deserves to rot

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I might get flack for this....
But if the oldest was 15 and didn't have the wherewithal to get help from anyone in any way, especially if one of the children died than wtf...

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are some serious sorry ass people in this world. The death penalty is to good for theses folks abandoning them like they did.

edit on 26-10-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Scared to death of what would happen to them. Fear is a powerful thing especially if your parents were sorry asses that put all kinds of bullsh@@ in her head.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

Scared to death of what would happen to them. Fear is a powerful thing especially if your parents were sorry asses that put all kinds of bullsh@@ in her head.

😢

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

It's almost like kids who are abandoned by their parents in an apartment to die probably weren't taught the life skills they needed to become a full time mother at 15.

Add to that the intense trauma they'd all be experiencing; and maybe fears instilled in them by the parents regarding what might happen if they said anything. I bet the situation is way sadder and complicated for that 15 year old than we could imagine.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Selfish, irresponsible, down right evil parents. How can such people exist but have no soul?

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another report states that the eldest sibling was a 15 year old boy. This story seems fishy, why can't they get a simple fact like that correct?

The oldest child, a 15-year-old boy, called 911 Sunday and said he and his two younger siblings, ages 10 and 7, had been living alone for months. He said his 9-year-old brother died about a year earlier and his remains were still inside their West Harris County apartment.
News Link

The authorities had on Sunday received information for a welfare cheque by an unknown caller who requested them to check the apartment at City Parc II in West Harris county. The sheriff said this person did not reveal their identity.

So the 15yo boy who called 911 on Sunday and said he and his two younger siblings, ages 10 and 7, had been living alone for months..... is an unknown caller who did not reveal his identity?

edit on 26-10-2021 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

A 9 year old died and they left his body there for a year in an apartment? Then the oldest boy finally called 911 months after the parent(s) disappeared?

Who was paying the rent that allowed them to live there so long? Why weren't they reported to CPS? My God! How can this happen in a civilized culture?
edit on 26-10-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This story is bizarre and very disheartening. These kids fell through every crack possible.
But I really do have questions.
A decomposing body would smell and raise alarm bells for neighbors.
Who was paying rent, bills etc?
Did the kids still go to school? We're they clean or dirty or in anyway raise suspicion from teachers or neighbors?
Nobody questioned that adults had not been seen with the kids for months or that suddenly one was missing ?
I would never advocate for nosey neighbors getting involved but as some point ,somebody had to have a gut feeling things were not OK. It's really sad that society now,we all keep to ourselves and don't even try to make acquaintance with our neighbors. These kids literally felt like they couldn't ask for help despite being alone under no current threat of reprimand.
😢

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I had a neighbor once who would abandoned her young kids every weekend, sometimes more. She lived a few buildings over from me, but I met her at the bus stop.

She seemed perfectly normal, together, worked for a Dr. Then along came her boyfriend; he appeared “normal”, but I noticed he wouldn’t socialize and would keep the daughter in the car until the bus came.

I knew the daughter, I worked as a playground aide and after school care as well. Sweetest little girl. Over time I noticed she appeared sad and not herself, she also started getting scabs on her face (I reported it), that improved. I also noticed I never saw her out playing in the neighborhood once the boyfriend came along.

One day at work I saw her at the door to office and she came running towards me crying and scared looking. She hugged me and told me she wouldn’t be going to this school anymore, she was going to live with her dad and his wife, they were there getting records.

Turns out, the mom was a heroin addict, and had spent some days tied up at a hotel. ( I found that out from other neighbors). A neighbor in her bldg finally reported she and the 3?yr old were home alone all the time. They tried to take care of her when they could, but must have realized shi/ was getting worse.

I still think of her, so sad! I pray she is doing well 🥲

- had to add this: If you bring a child into this world, it is YOUR job to protect that child. The child’s needs are more important than yours PERIOD! I realize most people here are probably good parents, this message is for the selfish ⚡️

edit on 26-10-2021 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2021 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Mainstream and international news are light on the info, so if you want anything more to try to understand WTF happened better, the local news is it.

But the MSN sources are pretty damn tame in describing this so far. Holy cow, the local article I just found makes me want to use people's skulls for teeing off in golf. And I don't even LIKE golf. This reminds me VERY strongly of the 13/14 kids that were tied up in their house in California that no one new were even there while dad worked for JPL (remember those freak excuses for parents? A tied up adult kid was mistaken for a tween!)

Before calling for help, the 15-year-old texted his mom to tell her he could not take it anymore, ABC13 has learned.

Neighbors said the 15-year-old relied on them for food. Chapman said she knew something was wrong because his mother was rarely home, so she started giving him food six months ago.

"She would come and park, and he would run down and grab noodles, drinks and chips and run back up," Chapman said.

Chapman said the teen wouldn't accept cooked meals. He would only take packaged snacks, fruit and pizza.

Back at the apartment complex where the boys lived with their brother's corpse, another neighbor, Trevor Thompson, said he would also provide the teen with food. He described the teen as paranoid and said he was afraid of getting poisoned, which is why he would only accept certain food.

What both Thompson and Chapman were unaware of was the secrets and horror happening inside the apartment. They didn't even know there were two other brothers living there.

Thompson said he once asked how the pizza he got him was.

"I asked, 'Did you like the pizza?' And he asked, 'What? The first pizza we had?'" Thompson said. "That made me wonder why would he say, 'We.'"

Chapman thinks the 15-year-old kept his other two brothers a secret out of fear.

Houston's ABC13 article

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I might get flack for this....
But if the oldest was 15 and didn't have the wherewithal to get help from anyone in any way, especially if one of the children died than wtf...

They sound like abused neglected kids. It is very possible the 15 year old really didn't know how to get help, or was mentally incapable of it.
It boggles the mind for normal people, but there are some that live very differently.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
So people knew.
It's admirable to have helped with food, but clearly that was the indication they needed intervention.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So this is supposedly what CPS is for, but instead it chooses to stick its nose in where parents let their kids have some responsibility or parents contradict the authority of a doctor to seek a second opinion or any of a hundred other minor things.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I’m baffled, abandoned neglected/abused children, dead child / no charges filed?????

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

A human being dies, decompses to bones ... and NO ONE notices the smell? What is that complex like?!

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So this is supposedly what CPS is for, but instead it chooses to stick its nose in where parents let their kids have some responsibility or parents contradict the authority of a doctor to seek a second opinion or any of a hundred other minor things.

This. ☝

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join