It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Done with Burger King, McDonald and Wendy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I liked the convenience of Fast foods using clipped coupons from papers or the web, and paying with my credit card at the windows.

Now, no more paper coupons, and these places insist on you paying through an app or a website if you want a little bit of a deal.

Well, you can keep your food, and I will go elsewhere.

I hate the apps they have put up, they are confusing and certainly do not save me any time. I also refuse to give any of them my credit card information, as you can read about all of the security breaches going on everywhere.

So, they have alienated me, and now I refuse to go to those places again.

All they had to do was offer people that do not want to use their stupid app sites coupons they can actually hold, and like to pay at the window.

They have forgotten their roots, and the customers that made them fast food giants.

Good luck to them.

I will bet you this turns around fast, as I talk to my family and friends about all of this, and most feel the same way I do.

If any agree or disagree, you may want to chime in on this.

edit on 25-10-2021 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I was done when I found out there was verified human DNA in their "what-they-call" food products. I'd be sick now if I had to eat kiddie-mcnuggets or a 1/4 childer with cheeze.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/25.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Good, its all trash

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

they don't have interac?

Fast food sucks for the most part anyways... nice dry burgers that have been sitting for hours... served with so much condiments the bun floats off the damn thing... oh ya real tasty

and i boycotted wendy's when they substituted Dill pickles for sweet butter pickles.... who the F*** puts sweet pickles on a burger?!?!?

Go for home made...

edit on 25-10-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm finding this more and more. I'm 72 years old and my friends are all around the same and non of us have any smart phones, so how will we go on in this "new" revolution?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

FYI: Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendys are more deadly than Covid-19.

You are WISE to sharply reduce your visits to them, whatever the reason.

edit on 10/25/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Additionally, many of those apps spy on you, and gather information on your phone.
No thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I was done when I found out there was verified human DNA in their "what-they-call" food products. I'd be sick now if I had to eat kiddie-mcnuggets or a 1/4 childer with cheeze.

Cheers - Dave

DNA doesnt mean human meat is in there just that some one maybe sneezed on it or touched it(both gross) but a far cry from cannibalism

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
so having to use apps is what made you stop eating poisoned garbage?

So weird. I stopped eating that # when i realized it was poisoned garbage.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I had cut out several of those before I saw this news came out but I have not eaten any of them in over a year. Arby's has been on my banned list for over 10 years because the sandwich I got at the time was disgusting and a little over a 18 months ago I ate at Burger King and had the worst hamburger I had ever had and decided that day they were on my banned list. Never ate a lot of McDonalds and have never ate a lot of fast food to begin with but I am done with it. The argument that they are cheap and less expensive than making your own food or other alternatives is not true anymore.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Yep I'm the worst, a converted junk food junkie, the food they make is poison. LOL and that doesn't include if they spit in it or worse.

Let's be honest how many times have you scarfed a Big Mac fries and a coke and said afterward you feel good?

And I love a well-prepared Big Mac or even more so a Whopper, but between it is really garbage, and it's always slapped together by some germy teenager with a gripe and a runny nose it's better to make your own.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
so having to use apps is what made you stop eating poisoned garbage?

So weird. I stopped eating that # when i realized it was poisoned garbage.

Get realistic. It is not all poisoned garbage. There is good and bad, but a personal thing. When I was a kid, you could get a good tasting hamburger and fries, with a drink, for about .35c and it was so much better than today. This industry needs a reset. Instead of concentrating on increased sales, the attention should be quality, customer satisfaction, convenience and price. The increased sales are a product of doing those things correctly.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I used to regularly have a fast food burger, but have been eating homemade burgers for the past year and a half. My wife had never made an American style hamburger before last year, but has perfected it. Not that making a hamburger is all that difficult, but a fast food burger just wouldn't do it for me now.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Additionally, many of those apps spy on you, and gather information on your phone.
No thank you.

Yes!!

Anything, or deal, requiring an app, or any of my personal info..is something I won't bother with.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That just isn't todays reality... quality always comes second to $$$ now...

Notice EVERYTHING changes for the worst eventually... Nothing that is good ever stays the same anymore

Its always about making things more profitable and sacrificing quality to do so

thats just todays world

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Once or twice a month I pick up something from a restaurant.Usually it's pizza,or Long John Silvers fish and shrimp.For burgers I've almost completely got stuck on Pals,a local chain.Almost never,for 10 years or so,No Macdonald's.Most of the bad food I've got stuck with was from there.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I stopped fast food a decade or more ago.

Over the past couple years I have stopped eating out or even home deliveries.
I had a couple bad experiences with finding out how my food was prepped, if humanly possible I will never eat what I can't see being prepared again.

I have lost about 25lbs over the last 2 years, go figure.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
All they had to do was offer people that do not want to use their stupid app sites coupons they can actually hold, and like to pay at the window.

They have forgotten their roots, and the customers that made them fast food giants.

I agree totally! Although I don't eat fast food, I'm seeing the same thing at grocery stores. I've been a faithful customer of Krogers for over 30 years, long before cell-phones came out. Now, all they offer is "digital coupons" that can only be accessed through a cell-phone. And since I will never get a cell-phone, that leaves me out of any savings. What a way to treat a long-time customer!

I always complain loudly to the manager and get the coupons anyway, without a cell-phone. I don't need no stinkin' cell-phone.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I go to McDonald's for coffee, that's about it. And even that's far and few in between.

Haven't had a fast food meal in years. I'd rather go to the mom and pop shops for a burger. I did have shake shack in Las Vegas three years ago tho.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good for you! I don't know why anyone eats that garbage. Overpriced and so bad for you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join