It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting Pictures/Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have looked over several threads here and all around the site regarding how to post images/pictures in my thread, inc. a link that said it was the source for all Media info or something like that, but the posts are always from years ago, and the information outdated, from what I've tried.
Right now I click the "insert image from you library" link, a little black box appears at the top of the screen with arrows that don't move and nothing else apart from an x to make it all go away.
I realize this information is probably already on this site somewhere, but not having the entire rest of the day to search, any tips or a link to where updated info about this lives?

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
When you're logged in, you'll see a dashboard type menu at the top of the page. Click on the icon that looks like a little clock. It's to the right of the arrow, and above the 'hose' selection.

When you click it, another menu loads. This menu contains the "upload" selector. (The little cloud with the arrow)
You can then select files from your device and upload them to your repository.

There are selectors under the image that you can highlight (cut and paste), which lets you post an image, or put it in your avatar. (Hope this helps. I'll be at my PC for a while if you need further assistance.)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RedKaliBlack

Hit the drop down arrow.
Then choose upload.
Make sure the file is jpg or png I believe.

IF your file is a .jpeg with the letter “e” in it, edit it out so the extension is just a .jpg or else you will probably run into problems uploading your image.
I’m on the newest IPad and can’t upload any pictures when the extension says .jpeg
I Always have to change it to .jpg

Once it’s uploaded, copy the image code and paste it in your thread.

As for YouTube videos. Copy the YouTube addy, but remove everything before and including the = sign.
Hit the YouTube icon, click okay, then paste that last bit of the address.

Example:

https:// www.youtube .com/watch? v=GK36ghMnit4

All we want is :

GK36ghMnit4

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you, I'm going to try this when I have more time. a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm working from an old school laptop. a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
When you're logged in, you'll see a dashboard type menu at the top of the page. Click on the icon that looks like a little clock. It's to the right of the arrow, and above the 'hose' selection.

Just found the right icons and links, going to try later, thanks.
edit on 21-10-2021 by RedKaliBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The above suggestions are correct...

The only thing I'd add is that a jpeg and a jpg are not the same thing. We only accept these three formats.

.jpg
.png
.gif

Johnny

**ETA**

How to Upload a picture

edit on 10/22/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: added link

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If the source is out of date but the photo or image of the item was taken from a source, it is correct to cite it as the source or find a similar/other source so that the forum will let the image through. I think you can find something similar on depositphotos and see the source of the posting there so you can link to it. You can find updated information through a search. If the link leads to a thread that has been deactivated or removed, you can link to the person who posted it or find the owner of the photo and ask permission.
edit on 24-2-2022 by Angelbane78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join