It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Of The Trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I came across this video by accident. It is about an hour long, but I was so enthralled with the information, and the way it was presented, that I had to share.

When I used to think about the cycle of life, my mind always thought of animals. This video reminded me of how short sighted I have been. It is not that I did not know that all life is connected on this planet. This video is just a very beautiful. artful, and informative presentation of just how amazingly interconnected life on this planet really is.

The fact that the Queen Of The Trees, is a fig tree, also has a Biblical connection. It has changed the way I view the fig tree parables as well.

I hope all find this video as enjoyable as I did.

Sorry, video cannot be embedded. It must be viewed from the site.

youtu.be...

edit on 18-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nice video. Good stuff 👍👍👍

Started watching on my phone and then put it on the tv. I needed a good distraction tonight. Thanx
edit on 18-10-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Rice is supreme

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thank you for this.
I was wondering whether it would have something to do with Michelia Alba tree (Magnolia) as fossilised remnants have been found dating it to prehistoric times and making it the oldest flowering tree known. Next is Linden Blossom and her nickname is Mother of Trees.

Will be watching vid link later.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

The queen tree is the only fruit producing tree that appears to not flower.

It seems the fig's flower garden is a secret private garden, created for the fig wasp. A special symbiotic relationship that is so amazing it breathes of the mystical.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Just the distraction I also needed.

A reminder that all life is connected. A reminder that man's hand is not required for life on this planet to thrive. A reminder that life comes with struggles, and that death and sacrifice is built into our survival.

That one source can be the fountain that provides life, shelter, sustenance, protection, and death to multitudes of different lifeforms. A simple ancient tree that can be the foundation of life and the future for all those lifeforms and the generations to follow.

We humans really need to get over ourselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This was great. Reminded me of what the Discovery Channel used to be.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I made a comment somewhere about how complex, things we think are simple, can be. I was called out on it, because most people think along the lines of black or white. A few will branch out to shades of gray, but the truth of life on this planet is so complex, that the only we can make sense of it is to reduce it to the lowest level of simplicity.

That is why I have no shame in asking for things to be explained to me, the way you would explain it to three year old.

I think the more we learn about how the lifeforms on this planet, including those we can't even see, impact our Earth, the more we realize just how small humans are in the grand scheme of things.

This video made me think about how interconnected everything on this planet is. Like a huge jigsaw puzzle. It got those wheels in my brain a bit oiled up and turning again.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i guess i will have to watch.... because i have to be amazed with the presentation to ovrcome my distaste fr the fig or Date palm-trees

i find bamboo or-and moringa trees more appealing right now

thanks for the link

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I made a comment somewhere about how complex, things we think are simple, can be. I was called out on it, because most people think along the lines of black or white.

Sounds a little like the dunning-kruger effect. Funny how you start to look into something just to realize how much you DONT know about it.

As far as the tree and this beautiful little eco system, I think humans have become so disconnected from nature that we don't realize how connected everything is. We are as much a part of the earth as anything else. We would live in a much better world if people would just take the time to reconnect every once in a little while.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

As far as the tree and this beautiful little eco system, I think humans have become so disconnected from nature that we don't realize how connected everything is. We are as much a part of the earth as anything else. We would live in a much better world if people would just take the time to reconnect every once in a little while.

Well said.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

i guess i will have to watch.... because i have to be amazed with the presentation to ovrcome my distaste fr the fig or Date palm-trees

i find bamboo or-and moringa trees more appealing right now

thanks for the link

I don't think it will change your appetite for the fruit of the fig tree. I think it will make you see the fig tree in a completely different way.

I see the tree differently, because I was ignorant of how it sits at the center of such a large and diverse ecosystem, in an extremely harsh area. It is not free of dangers from the lifeforms it provides for, but nature always finds a way to correct and balance the good with the bad. So far, it has even escaped the destruction from humans. I hope that by us knowing and understanding how connected all life is on this planet, that we will become better caregivers and become less destructive.

I can dream, can't I?

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I made a comment somewhere about how complex, things we think are simple, can be. I was called out on it, because most people think along the lines of black or white.

Sounds a little like the dunning-kruger effect. Funny how you start to look into something just to realize how much you DONT know about it.

I believe that is the one true sign of real intelligence. The ability to understand just how much you don't "know".
Humbling as well.

edit on 19-10-2021 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I believe that is the one true sign of real intelligence. The ability to understand just how much you don't "know".
Humbling as well.

That two year old mind of needing to know the why of everything gets killed at an early age for way too many of us. My Mother was not one of those that retorted, "Because I told you so!" Her response was always"Look it up!" We had World Book and the Encyclopedia Britannica. When we were young, she would sit down with us and help us look it up. As we got older, it was, "Look it up for yourself".

She never put out of fire for learning in us, she fueled it when she could. The thirst for learning never died, but as we became even older, it actually became a curse. Even back then, people were only comfortable with you asking only so many questions, and there was limit to how deep you could dig, before becoming persona non grata.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am finding the fig tree most interesting, and I am truly rethinking its meaning when used in parables.

The Queen Tree video shares the secrets of the fig tree in the dessert. I found the video interesting and the tree amazing. I was surprised at how well they grew in the dessert. It led me to look for information on how they would grow in other areas.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the rain forest has it own fig tree. It is just as amazing. It too is a major contributor to the ecosystem.

I see a different image, in my mind, now when I hear the words, "The Mighty Fig Tree."

edit on 20-10-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join