It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New handgun time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So its that time of the year where i can buy myself a gun with out hearing about it for weeks. (men with women partners know what im talking about lol, love you ladies)

So I'm torn between a 1911 and a Glock 19 or the Glock 22

i don't own either of them and i know they are both great guns.

I want something i can use as my daily carry and not worry about messing it up.

any suggestions on other guns or personal experience with the ones i mentioned

edit on 16-10-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sig 365XL.. Been my EDC for a year now and love it.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Open or Concealed?

I liked My 1911 (when I could/can open carry) also have a P226 thats pretty comfortable.

I think half of it is the Holster.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

When I read your title my first thought was a Glock 19 gen 4.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapTheGinkels

how big are your hand?

i have a big body lol. my hands are pretty large.

that has been my problem in finding a comfortable gun that fits nicely in my hand.

i know you can add pads and what not but i don't like that look.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

i wish i could get both but i have to choose one, and as much as i like the 1911 its a little flashy and something that is not a good thing.

and honestly it is just going to be shot at the gun range(hopefully) so i want something comfortable and easy to service

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I find the Glock 19 is a little on the small side, but not too small. People have said that I have big hands, but since you and I are unable to compare ours, I would say a trip to the gun store is in order to see how they feel in your hand.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'd say I have large hands.

The regular 365 felt too small for me, but the 365XL felt perfect in my hands.

Go to your LGS and handle one to see if you like it.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I want something i can use as my daily carry and not worry about messing it up.

I have a Glock 19 and it's a great pistol it's my choice for my tactical go-kit , but I wouldn't recommend it as a daily Carry .

It is considered a "Compact" pistol but it's really not that compact at least not enough for a carry.

I carry a Walther CCP, it's very ergonomic and a perfect size for carry . It's a single stack 9mm semi automatic I highly recommend it along with any compact Walther really

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love my Ruger 1911, commander bout as small as you can get one fits my hand perfectly (I dont have andre the giant hands but a 9mm feels like a toy) had it 4 years shoot regular and havent had any issues.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I went with the 3 options you had in your OP. But for daily carry, I like the Smith & Wesson MP Shield. It's easier for my hand than the other small handguns.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapTheGinkels

other that punching holes in paper it will sit in a safe most of the time, i don't have a CCP yet(going on over a year and a half and they STILL haven't even gotten to my paper work, staffing shortages apparently) and i live in NY so open carrying in the wrong places could get you jammed up.

but that is a whole other topic.,

sometimes when i got in to a GS im like a kid in a toy store, i want ALL of it.

last time i went to get a 10 gauge shotgun for my moms house for home defense i left with a PTR-91 and some optics and all the green tip NATO rounds i could buy.

i also go a few boxes of night vision tracers, you can only see the round with NV i also got red and green tracers.

lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you have the paws for it I would throw a Beretta 92 in the mix, but it is big and heavy for CC.

Lots of factors to consider, caliber, striker or hammer, magazine capacity, carry style, etc. A FN-45X checks a lot of boxes for people until size and weight come in. Some like the Ruger LCP for reasons but I’d rather trust a Walther PPK/S or Beretta for a 380 and deal with the extra ounces.

My rule of thumb is the smaller and lighter the gun the less accurate and longer to recover between shots they are.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

1911- Here is mine

Stainless Ultra carry2
The smallest 45 there is.

When I want to carry a big gun, I carry my Smith and Wesson 500. Its a 50 caliber Magnum revolver
Its real big, and real heavy. It hurts to shoot.

edit on 16-10-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think you’ll be out of luck without a full frame 4.5”-6” with your aesthetic and hand requirements.

Your two options come down to a few differences:
Striker fire over hammer
Trigger
Weight
Accuracy
Tolerances
Cleaning

The 1911 wins hands down with trigger/hammer/accuracy in my experience , stock, open sights

The 1911 “loses” number of rounds: weight ratio for sure…a day slogging mountains and saddles carrying a loaded 1911😒

Cleaning the 1911 depending on tolerances can be a pain in the ass.

Full frame Glock 10mm is my hunting carry, it’s good for big hands, grip is a 2x4. Trigger is awful, so if your handy with triggers I can recommend a couple good trigger upgrades that’ll make it a joy. Always fires, 15+1rounds on a chest rig. Heavy, but still less than my full frame Kimber.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have had two, so I pick a Ruger super Redhawk .44 mag with a Nikon scope, a magna port and trigger job.

Thing is, you dont even need to be accurate cuz anyone within eye site will be pooping themselves.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I carry a Springfield Hellcat as well as a Model 27 clock. I prefer the Hellcat as its more compact and holds 3 more rounds. The sig is also a great concealed carry gun

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I've settled in 357 Magnum snub nose S&W rev in my retirement. (After 30 yrs of Glock 30-45 acp).

I've many handguns. Wide open as the cal, purpose, who is shooting it...you'll get a lot of great ideas here.

Wife has a tiny Ruger ECP- 9mm...palm size...

My personal thoughts on switching from semis to the 357?

I don't need more than 5 rounds rt in front of me. And the flames from 2ft out will cauterize the hole...after you realize...you're done.

Personal choice friend. Be safe, responsible...and practice.

✌️

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sig.

Pick a model.

posted on Oct, 16 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I personally loooooove my Remingron R1 Commander. Shoots most 45acp. Cought a couple snags with the federal DP HP rounds. Other than that, not a single jam. Do not get if you don't want a loud gun

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join