It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teachers Told To Balance Holocaust Books With ‘Opposing’ Views

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The insanity that has become the norm in our universities has trickled down through the high schools and into our primary schools.
The school district says it's now vetting all books, and will not allow "singular perspectives that could be offensive".
Gina Peddy, the Carroll school district’s executive director of curriculum and instruction, said that if they are to have books about the Holocaust, they must also allow opposing views. OK, so what is an opposing view? Denying it happened? Justifying it? Apparently, Peddy considers the Holocaust
to somehow be "controversial" or "debateable".

Is it any wonder that large numbers of domestic terrorists, er, I mean parents, do not want their kids exposed to this lunacy?

Like a typical soulless beaurocrat, Peddy simply referred to a government mandate, saying that “Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said in the recording, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust,” Peddy continued, “that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

So there will be books available that are pro-slavery, anti-gay?

Asking for the sake of irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So there will be books available that are pro-slavery, anti-gay?

Asking for the sake of irony.

That's the first thing I thought. The odds of presenting "opposing views" on those subjects are slim and none, and 'slim' was just seen leaving town!
edit on 15-10-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So...

What's the opposing view...?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'll have to take a broader view.

The entire "educational system" in the USA, from K through university studies, is garbage. At this point, nothing but indoctrination.

Cole, to your OP--

Yes, "opposing view" in this particular case is more than absurd, it is vile. What I wonder about is how much classroom time is given to any of the events of World War II. It was precious little during my time in school; typically, the courses in history never covered everything they should have because the semester ended. Do they have textbooks about the entire war? That would be essential background to understand how the Holocaust came about.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
So...

AOC’s next book.

link   

edit on 15-10-2021 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Blame Abbot and the Texas Republicans. They're the only ones that voted for HB 3979.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just an FYI, there's another ongoing thread about this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Blame Abbot and the Texas Republicans. They're the only ones that voted for HB 3979.

Yup. It’s not a bug on the current state of conservatives… it’s a feature!!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Just an FYI, there's another ongoing thread about this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Q: What if somebody has a Bible and a copy of the U.S. Constitution? What's the "counter book(s)"?

A: The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

😃

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
So...

And will the opposition be Islamic based or Neo-Nazi based?

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm currently working on volume one of my new book....

It's called "The Science is Settled".

Out soon at all disrespectable bookshops.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The insanity that has become the norm in our universities has trickled down through the high schools and into our primary schools.
The school district says it's now vetting all books, and will not allow "singular perspectives that could be offensive".
Gina Peddy, the Carroll school district’s executive director of curriculum and instruction, said that if they are to have books about the Holocaust, they must also allow opposing views. OK, so what is an opposing view? Denying it happened? Justifying it? Apparently, Peddy considers the Holocaust
to somehow be "controversial" or "debateable".

Is it any wonder that large numbers of domestic terrorists, er, I mean parents, do not want their kids exposed to this lunacy?

Like a typical soulless beaurocrat, Peddy simply referred to a government mandate, saying that “Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said in the recording, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust,” Peddy continued, “that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

Fucc that. Fight me

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I believe this to be the relevant section of the House Bill H.B.ANo.A3979.pdf (PDF Warning)

(1) no teacher shall be compelled by a policy of any state agency, school district, campus, open-enrollment charter school, or school administration to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs;

(2) Teachers who choose to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs shall, to the best of their ability, strive to explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective;

Listening to the audio from the article, I would suggest the lady instructing the teachers has not understood this section.

Isn't that the way though, someone who doesn't understand is tasked to educate others and fails miserably. I'm dying to see what the opposing view will be.
edit on 15-10-2021 by Elton because: Format fix.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sounds like the Southlake School Leader was being sarcastic.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think it's very clever of the republicans to force democrats and evil leftists to protest the concept of having a different view on any topic since the evil left (democrats) seem to be monolithic in thought and deed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join