It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read this and tell me where your hinky meter is at with this guy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A few days ago I posted about how someone close to me died.

I went to their house to find a ssn for the funeral home and an eager neighbor came over to talk to me and tell me how they found this person dead. I guess I assumed it was a different neighbor when the police told me a neighbor found him. Doesnt matter, anyway. I dont know this guy from jack crap.

This guy said some disturbing things and I dont know whether to be concerned or not. At first my husband thought this guy was just being a nice guy, talking to my family member when they were lonely, but I know the neighborhood, dont know this guy specifically, but I know the type of people the neighborhood attracts so I was wary.

What I think is he was trying his darndest to scam my family member. For example. My family member is a notorious hoarder. This person claimed that this person gave him their bank account info in order to get a large dumpster for my family member. He claims he was helping this person clean their house. Well, no. I tried for several years to get this person to want to clear some space in their house with no success so I highly doubt if in his right mind, this family member would give bank account information to a stranger, or want to clean their house. This person was a little too eager to talk about how my family member was like a gangster, always had a gun, brass knuckles and a wad of cash.

This person was very eager to tell me that my family member had a large sum of money in the bank and that my name was also on their account. It is a joint account and my name has been on it since I was a child. However, this person also attempted to start crying when discussing his friendship with my family member. This guy seemed a little too alert and energetic if you get my drift. This guy said something about "tweakers" in the neighborhood and later my husband told me he was not suspicious of this guy until he said "tweakers" because to him that is a red flag so my hubs started staring at his pupils and realized they were constricted and stayed constantly the same tiny size the whole time we were talking to him.

I know for a fact there was a box in my family member's house which contained their high school class ring and some stuff that was another deceased family members. This person repeatedly told me that if anything happened, look for the box. And showed me where it was. The house is significantly more hoarded now than it was then, and I spent all day yesterday searching for this box to no avail. I asked the guy pointedly if he knew where the box was and he denied it. My family member's neighbor has security cameras and told me he has this guy on camera going back into my family member's back yard, but it didn't look like he took anything.

I don't know what to think. Opinions? Buttholes? Help.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Be leery of everyone. If your in charge or the estate, immediately remove any and all valuables, and freeze any accounts until you have time to sort things out.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony
I think I would talk with the local police
Check the pawnshops as well

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would change the locks first and foremost and maybe even set up a camera or two, until you can get the house emptied.

Absolutely do not trust this guy.
And maybe get that bank account changed as well, just in case.

And I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Listen to your "gut", your intuition will likely be correct more often than it is wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Unnecessarily offering up intricate details definitely CAN be a sign that someone is trying to hide something, or lying about something.

Sometimes they may share many true details in an attempt to better hide the lie(s) buried within their statements.

Personally, I'm not sure whether or not I would go to the Police, but it might not be a bad idea.

I know I wouldn't say anything important to this person. If I spoke to them, it would only be meaningless small-talk, and I'd keep a close eye on them at all times whenever they're around.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Very strange imo. Has that autopsy report come back? If there is anything suspicious, my mind would go right to the odd neighbor.

Like another poster suggested, change the locks, and set up some strategically placed cameras.

I watch way too much true crime...

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Druggy for sure. By the sound of it one that will ingrain himself into your affairs and guilt trip you as soon as you start to put some distance.

He already laid the foundation, at least in his mind. Change the locks and remove valuables as already suggested.

Get his phone number and make sure he understands that if you need his assistance you will contact him.

Then when he shows up uninvited you can drop the hammer and blow any pretense of a connection between the two of you.

Don't let him know he was caught on camera. He may be caught again.

If you're really bored let him come in one final time and leave a window slightly ajar and "forget" about it. Leave a nannycam somewhere between all the stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 13 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Trust your instincts and secure the bank account and the house.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would be on guard as well. There are people out there who prey on unfortunate circumstances like this.
If you see this person again, maybe ask for their contact info, then you have something to go on if police intervention is ever needed.
I agree with the others posters advice, change locks/freeze assets/ cameras.
Good luck and sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Based on the information that you shared above - my hinky meter is off the charts.

Guy was under the influence of drugs and it sounds like whatever he took impacted both his inhibition and also his self control. It sounds like every thought that went through his mind came tumbling out of his mouth (no filter).

He might have been able to cover up some of his spontaneous utterances (change the slant of what he was talking about when he realized he had said something out loud) but the conversations show that he was thinking about the box with the ring / valuables and about the money in the account.

Since he was thinking about them he couldn’t help talking about them. He said that he had the account number. Odds are he also has found the blank checks, credit cards, and debit cards that correspond to the account. Account security has been compromised. I would get on top of that immediately.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Autopsy report has not come back yet. The coroner is going to mail me a copy when it is completed.... that is another thing I thought was really freaking weird. When the cops notified me of the death, they told me my family member was exiting their residence, tripped and hit their head knocking them unconscious and the way that they fell got into a position where they asphyxiated. That was what the police thought just surveying the initial scene.

However the overly helpful neighbor showed me what he "found" and he said there was no blood or visible injury and that my family member had just fallen with his head toward the door. Well that would be the opposite direction of what the police said, he was exiting his residence. If what the neighbor says is true, he would have had to be entering his residence. Not exiting.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Might have really been an accident but I'm feeling a little suspect... I'm just a guy on the internet though.

Whatever happened, and happens, I hope you're able to get the truth, and closure.

new topics

top topics

join