It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandora Papers: 2.95 TB of the elites dodgy finance leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The international consortium for investigative journalists and 150 newspapers all over the world have leaked the corrupt practices of the world's wealthiest elites in over 200 countries for the last 50 years.

The total data leaked is 2.94 terrabites and 11.9 records making it the biggest leak in history. The papers expose how world leaders, politicians and the worlds richest abuse a corrupt banking system designed to make them richer and more powerful

Over 130 billionares, 300 politicians, multiple royal family members, several drug cartels and religious leaders have had their offshore tax dodging accounts leaked by the ICIJ. The dodgy banking practice of 27,000 large companies and 29,000 'ultimate benificial owners'.

It;s breaking news at the moment so can't comment too much but this is looking like the best journalism investigation in history. This is going to be a huge story over the next few weeks and dominate headlines in th MSM orgs that took part in the year long investigation.

ICIJ - Pandora Papers

Millions of leaked documents and the biggest journalism partnership in history have uncovered financial secrets of 35 current and former world leaders, more than 330 politicians and public officials in 91 countries and territories, and a global lineup of fugitives, con artists and murderers.

The secret documents expose offshore dealings of the King of Jordan, the presidents of Ukraine, Kenya and Ecuador, the prime minister of the Czech Republic and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. The files also detail financial activities of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s “unofficial minister of propaganda” and more than 130 billionaires from Russia, the United States, Turkey and other nations.

The leaked records reveal that many of the power players who could help bring an end to the offshore system instead benefit from it – stashing assets in covert companies and trusts while their governments do little to slow a global stream of illicit money that enriches criminals and impoverishes nations.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So who's the richest in secret and most well known ? 😃

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Taxes, laws, fees and fines are for the poor.

You know what's going to happen?

...absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

...absolutely nothing.

What will happen is the leakers will be identified and made an example of to deter others.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately none of it is illegal, ask their tax advisors.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

...absolutely nothing.

What will happen is the leakers will be identified and made an example of to deter others.

Cheers

Indeed.

Anyone remember the Panama papers??

Wikileaks?
edit on 4-10-2021 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

...absolutely nothing.

The whistleblowers, the people involved in leaking this info in this case, will be suicided. The only way to stop these crooked people is for the citizens to stand together. That'll never happen because the divide was successful thanks to the extreme dumbing down of our education system and brainwashing children to be dependent and continue to think like children well into adulthood.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I just checked on twitter and I wonder if Facebook, Instagram and others are down today because of this release? The timing seems pretty strange ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Offshore leaks 2013
Panama papers 2016
Paradise papers 2017
Pandora papers 2021

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of this latest leak rocking the gravy train, as it appears to be way above the law and its passengers know it. They won't lose a moment's sleep in their business class carriages.

Maybe the next toothless leak could be the Pardon me but your Parliament couldn't give a sh!t Papers!

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I just checked on twitter and I wonder if Facebook, Instagram and others are down today because of this release? The timing seems pretty strange ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Three major platforms that could be utilized to help spread the release of these papers around the globe within minutes. All gone.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm interested in reading it all, but as others said, nothing much happened from the previous leaks of information. What I read so far even shows that they were actually mailing information requested by the banks in the USVI and requesting no digital copy be made referencing what happened with the Panama papers.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday, simular to the Panama Papers. For me, meh, not surprised, not one bit. Nothing will come of it, and I think much of it, from what I read, was shady, but legal. And thats why it won't change.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So the MSM™, a captured industry, have leaked an incriminating story, about their captors ?

Sounds too good to be true ?

Just another distraction ?

Smoke and mirrors ?

The list looks more like a grouping of no-longer needed Useful-Idiots™, Unconscious-Enablers™, and washed-up Gladiators™.

" Throw them to the lions ! "

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

...absolutely nothing.

The whistleblowers, the people involved in leaking this info in this case, will be suicided. The only way to stop these crooked people is for the citizens to stand together. That'll never happen because the divide was successful thanks to the extreme dumbing down of our education system and brainwashing children to be dependent and continue to think like children well into adulthood.

Pretty much spot on but a few of the journalists will be suicided as well. Reporting on financial crimes comes with the highest murder/death rate in journalism, morer than double the death rate of reporting from war zones.

UK PM Boris Johson is in hot water for accepting dodgy donations from a Russian oligarch who made hundreds of millions in fraud and Boris gave the home address of a jouralist to one of his friends so they could be beaten up a few years back.

The UK is the wortld epicentre for financial crime but 73% of journos who investigate it recieve threats of violence, are beaten up or killed, or face legal action. Organised Crime and Coruption Reporting Project

There's a multi-billion pound spying system to target any whistleblowers or journalists looking into these areas and the whistleblower/leak recipients have somehow managed to evade this so hopefully the whistleblower can remain undetected but it'd be doubtful unless they're in a safe house.

While it's unlikely to change much it does provide a treasure trove of data and big insight into shadow governments and power structures and a number if world leaders are squirming while trying to explain away their corruption.

-------

Personally I had to self censor or not publish around 80 - 90% of the stories I was working on involving dodgy finance and illegal weapon sales/the west helping corrupt regimes develop chemical weapons as releasing it wouldn't change but would dramatically raise the chances of war and the general audience reaction is 'meh' as it's no suprise it goes on and there's little to no chance of it ever changing.

I did manage to get a few members of the Cypriot government jailed and exposed a £750m illiegal pension raid of telecoms company CYTA but I was ordered down to a military base in Cheshire to explain myself to a Colonel Thorncroft and a guy who was ex head of GCHQ recruitment but now works for Navy section of DSEI arms fair but never turned up as I was instructed not to tell anyone including family members which made it seem like I'd be 'dissapeared' for a bit or undergo ehanced interrogation there.
edit on 5-10-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The independent investigative journalist who leaked the Panama papers was murdered by a car bomb. This leak is from a consortium of similar journalists not the MSM.

Funny how all these social media platforms have gone down just as this comes out, perhaps something really sensitive was circulating?

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

They exploited a loop hole but essentially its tax evasion and the law was recently amended to stop this. So actually they should be facing prosecution.

It goes to show what a bunch of utter greedy tossers these so called “leaders” are.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Quit acting like for one minute if any of you were a gagillionaire you wouldn’t try to tax shelter and hide your money.

You all would no matter how virtuous you pretend to be online.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I suppose that’s what makes the mega rich that wealthy in the first place. They can never have to much, and can’t bare to part with even a portion of their wealth to benefit the rest of society. It’s sad really.

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
These people can reasonably be expected to part with any of their wealth for the benefit of others?

Believing themselves above the law or that laws do not apply to them - prove them wrong in that and prosecute every one of them, publicly enforce fines and penalties set at the highest possible levels and publish all results dans mass media rather than just via the Bailii system

www.bailii.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I've never heard of BAILLI or WORLDLI before - looks an incredible resource, thanks for posting it.

Virgin used to own a website called GS19, while MI5/MI6/GCHQ used GS18 to conduct applications and hold tests to whittle out any applicants that didn't have the rewuired skills. The GS stands for Global Succesor and apparantly GS18 is the highest position one can achieve in the CIA - I've never been able to fins out what Global Succesor is, may be a front company - they stopped using it around 2013 so none of this info harms national security.

If a company in the UK has enough employees or profit then they can write to the home secretary and be given national security status that means they have acces to MI6 international industrial esponage files and MI5/GCHQ help monitor and provide info and stop any investigation by journalists or citizens that may harm the reputation or profit of the company.

new topics

top topics

join