It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoked Pickled Eggs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's getting to be that time of year again! Time to start putting up some pickled eggs. I love pickled eggs! Especially during the fall (for some odd reason). This year I'm doing some smoked pickled eggs too.

So I already put up some regular pickled eggs yesterday. Still have just over a half a dozen hardboiled eggs left over. I'm going to take the remaining hardboiled eggs and smoke them for about an hour at real low temps and then brine them for smoked pickled eggs...a super-sonic treat!

My plan for this first batch is to take it even one step further. Once the pickled eggs are fully brined I intend to take them and turn them into...

Smoked Pickled Deviled Eggs!! - That mustardy, horseradish-ey, yolk mixture dolloped into the smoked pickled egg white half...oh man!!

Sprinkled with a little parsley and minced chive...

Hold onto your socks!!
edit on 10/3/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It's getting to be that time of year again! Time to start putting up some pickled eggs. I love pickled eggs! Especially during the fall (for some odd reason). This year I'm doing some smoked pickled eggs too.

So I already put up some regular pickled eggs yesterday. Still have just over a half a dozen hardboiled eggs left over. I'm going to take the remaining hardboiled eggs and smoke them for about an hour at real low temps and then brine them for smoked pickled eggs...a super-sonic treat!

My plan for this first batch is to take it even one step further. Once the pickled eggs are fully brined I intend to take them and turn them into...

Smoked Pickled Deviled Eggs!! - That mustardy, horseradish-ey, yolk mixture dolloped into the smoked pickled egg white half...oh man!!

Hold onto your socks!!

and drink coors light with them

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Try some paprika for garnish on those deviled eggs. Makes em’ look purdy.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I have been in a pickling mood myself and I have
pickled eggs,hot dogs,mushrooms and veggies.I
just recently discovered pickling and I love it.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Try some paprika for garnish on those deviled eggs. Makes em’ look purdy.

Definitely!!

Left that out.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Man I live pickeled and smoked eggs

you can just smoke a egg raw shell on there good

Iv never actualy mixed the 2 and pickeled them after I think it kill the smoke but any excuse to light a fire to cook is good enough for me lol

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After you do all that, can you still taste any of the egg?

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I just had my first smoked deviled egg a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure I died & went to heaven.

I really need to get me a smoker.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
After you do all that, can you still taste any of the egg?

Absolutely! That's the great thing about pickled (and smoked) eggs, you can always taste the egg!

Delicious!

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I just had my first smoked deviled egg a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure I died & went to heaven.

I really need to get me a smoker.

They really ARE that GOOD!!

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Man I live pickeled and smoked eggs

you can just smoke a egg raw shell on there good

Iv never actualy mixed the 2 and pickeled them after I think it kill the smoke but any excuse to light a fire to cook is good enough for me lol

It doesn't kill the smoke at all really. The brine winds up being smoky too, so they're just the bomb to eat!

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
is that what the wagon driver in 'Dances with Wolves' was eating?

don't think I've ever seed one.

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Hold onto your socks!!

and drink coors light with them

Or Keystone if want to clear the room! 💨🤭

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hold onto your socks!!

what is your pickling ingredients? I was talking about doing that this week. I have been looking on line at the Amish version. They have a name for the vinegar mixture I can't seem to recall right now. But I am curious on the 1st half. Smoking them sounds like a solid plan. I get a few eggs with my flock. Met a farmer who says to store them in 5 gal buckets of water to make them last if you have too many at a time.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You never post any pics of any of the food you “say” you make.

How do we know you actually make any of these dishes?

Hmmmmm…… 🤔

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
is that what the wagon driver in 'Dances with Wolves' was eating?

don't think I've ever seed one.

Lol, I always think of that poor guy when anyone mentions pickled eggs. That’s what he was eating.
Creates the devil winds, recommend opening windows after eating.

I always liked them when my mom made them, with beets and vinegar.

Never had a smoked one though, I imagine they could be good if the smoke is subtle.

posted on Oct, 4 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We have a couple of hundred chickens and quite regularly pickle eggs, the eggs from our cherry valley ducks are by far the best though.

We don't tend to do much smoking in the UK compared to you guys but this has to be done.

I'm assuming they are boiled then peeled then cold smoked?

new topics

top topics

join