It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Rescued Baby at Kabul Airport Now Being Investigated

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Stories like this are so heart warming that it surpasses the flame test of heart burn X10,000.

We have leadership decisions coming out of Washington, D.C. that caused Americans to die and or be left behind to die at the hands of the Animal Taliban yet a simple act of kindness brings a young Marine into prominence for which he is recognized and "BOOM" ORANGE MAN BAD" you gonna be sorry you stood on that stage and said, "Thank you, I am glad to be back" !!

Marine Who Rescued Baby at Kabul Airport Now Being Investigated
Lance Cpl. Hunter Clark, the U.S. Marine seen in viral footage pulling a baby over the wall outside of the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan, is being investigated after he appeared alongside former President Trump at a rally in Georgia.

“The 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) has initiated a command investigation regarding LCpl Hunter Clark’s attendance at the event last weekend to determine if any DoD policies were violated,” said spokesman Capt. Kelton J Cochran. “Any details pertaining to this incident are not releasable while the investigation is being conducted.”

Cochran did not specify what policies that Clark may have violated, but the Defense Department does not allow active-duty troops to “speak before a partisan political gathering, including any gathering that promotes a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.” (Task & Purpose)

While it was a Save America rally, Clark, who was not in uniform, was invited on stage by the 45th president “as part of a public show of support for U.S. troops,” according to Task & Purpose.

“We’re also honored to be joined by one of the Marines who bravely served in Kabul during the withdrawal and helped evacuate children over the airport and over the airport wall,” Trump said at the Sept. 25 rally. “You saw him, he did a great job, Lance Cpl. Hunter Ian Clark. Lance corporal get up here!”

Clark called the moment he rescued the baby “probably one of the greatest things I’ve done in my entire life.”

“I just want to thank all the support from all y’all. It really means a lot and I’m glad to be home now,” Clark added.

townhall.com...
edit on 727ndk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wow, now it's guilt by association. And not even a criminal associate, but the former president?

Anyone hear screaming? sounds like ... "COMMUNISM"....

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
All because Trump lowered the boom on Biden and his henchmen .

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I hate to say this, but unfortunately Trump may have inadvertently caused this to happen. Sadly, Clark probably should have kept his mouth shut, and he might have avoided this. For his part, Trump should have known better than to single out an active duty soldier and recognize him outside of an official military award ceremony vetted by his command.

This is one of the reasons you never see commentary from soldiers following politicians appearances at military bases. They might show their faces, but they never interview them.

Unfortunate situation.

ETA - Hindsight is always 20/20, but in retrospect what Clark probably should have done would have been to just wave to the crowd and not even go up on stage. Had he left it at that, none of this would probably be an issue.
edit on 10/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Dude didn't say anything political, former president asked him up he was in street clothes, he was allowed to be there.

Nothing should happen to him officially, but I'm certain he will be punished unofficially for daring to think for himself.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This I do disagree with. He did nothing wrong.

All he did was appreciate being acknowledged for his actions in Afghanistan.

At least he wasn't murdered by barbarians, so biden could yawn and look at his watch, I guess... not a jab at you FCD.. Just my opine on how the current administration treats it's soldiers.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Let me see.

Trump is not a candidate.

A "Save America" rally does not sound exclusive to one party. I'm sure some libertarians and Democrats and unregistered were in attendance. I'm sure everyone of a patriotic mindset were welcome.

So they should find nothing wrong, legally.

But, Orange man bad. Hmmmm.

Looks like typical dictator behavior. Jail anyone who doesn't support ME!

edit on 10-2-2021 by Zona because: Mistake

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Damn, I read Trumps book back in the 80's...The art of the deal....I wonder when they gonna come after little old me.a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if he came out now and stated that "Biden did an outstanding job with his flawlessly executed evacuation of Afghanistan, especially given the extremely difficult position he was left in by his predecessor. Trump screwed it up, but Biden fixed it."

Now if he came out and said that, might they possibly end this investigation (or at least go easier on him) ? I'm not saying he should do that, but rather that it could lead to much more favorable results, if he did.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I heard he isn’t even the guy who saved the baby..

Just another narcissist hoping to get in on the grift. Has he set up a go fund me for his trauma yet?

edit on 2-10-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I heard he isn’t even the guy who saved the baby..

Just another narcissist hoping to get in on the grift. Has he set up a go fund me for his trauma yet?

You heard?

Where?

Lets investigate this and get to the guts of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Clark told the audience Saturday: "I am the guy that pulled the baby over the wall and it's definitely probably one of the greatest things I've ever done in my entire life." Clark then thanked the audience for their support before leaving the stage.
Problem is, the Marine Corps says it wasn't Clark in the video lifting the baby.

Facts First: In a statement, a US Marine Corps spokesperson said Clark was not the individual who lifted the child over a wall in the viral image and that Clark is now being investigated for his appearance at the rally. But on Friday Clark's mother, Peggy Clark, told CNN her son was one of the Marines who helped the baby once it was lifted over the wall.
The Marine Corps statement did not address whether he could have been one of the other Marines, only whether he was the one who pulled the baby up to the wall.

www.cnn.com...

In a statement Wednesday, a US Marine Corps spokesperson said Clark was not the individual who lifted the child over a wall in the viral image and that Clark is now being investigated for his appearance at the rally. "Regarding the viral photo that began circulating around August 20, 2021, the Marine identified in that particular image was not LCpl Clark," Kelton Cochran, a spokesman for the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit said in a statement.

crooksandliars.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is a ban on active duty military members speaking at a partisan political event. So, no doubt he will be made an example of.

Then there is this.
Lance Cpl Clark, Recognized by Trump for Kabul evacuation not the one in viral photo

"Regarding the viral photo that began circulating around Aug. 20, 2021, the Marine identified in that particular image was not LCpl Clark," Kelton Cochran, a spokesman for the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, said in a statement.

edit on 2 10 2021 by tamusan because: Sorry Sookiechacha, Your post was not there when I clicked reply

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good thing the ATS Outrage Brigade fact checked this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
At this stage of the game I don't believe anything put out by the Military. They are working very hard to put down or discredit any anti-Biden opinions and the MSM is only too happy to carry their water for them. Was he the guy, I don't know, but they are trying very hard so say that he isn't. When you combine this with the Colonel being arrested for speaking out, it makes me wonder.

I've see first hand how far they will throw one of their own under the bus for political points.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zona

Looks like typical dictator behavior. Jail anyone who doesn't support ME!

That is what the US is headed toward for everyone who voted for Trump or has conservative values and says it publicly.

That is exactly what Democrats voted for when they voted for Biden. They wanted to round up conservatives and were quite open about it calling for reeducation camps during the election. If you voted for Biden you knew this might happen because so many of his supporters were calling for this and he did not denounce a single one of them. What happens when something you said publicly or online 10 years ago becomes public and the Democrats think it disrespects them? Well you voted for it and so you must be happy when it happens to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Orange man tweeted mean tweets. Orange man bad!

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Regardless of wrong doing, this brave humanitarian soldier, will be another hero under the failure that is the biden administration and no matter what the traitors do to him he will always be a hero and that will eat more into the traitors and their generals in the white house.

God bless our heros.

top topics

join