It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 European posters for Hitler

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

A broader truth regarding the history of E Europe is the the many small tribes there never really settled their territorial disputes before being 'sat upon' by larger powers, the last group of which was Russia, Prussia, and Austria (-Hungary).

Those conflicts warmed up again in the period between the world wars, and were again evident after the Soviet Army pulled out of E Europe following the end of the Cold War. Still many ethnic fault lines in evidence.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Finland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain were not occupied by Germany. But their troops fought on the Eastern Front officially as part of the Wehrmacht.

I agree with the exception of Bulgaria. Their troops did not fight the Soviets; they even welcomed them with bread and salt when Soviet troops entered Bulgaria in 1944. Bulgarian support of the Germans was mainly limited to occupation of parts of Greece, and, I think, Yugoslavia.

But the posters your OP mentioned were French, Dutch, Serbian, and Norwegian -- all countries occupied by the Germans and who could be made to produce propaganda for the Germans. Now, too many of the occupied countries had sizeable contingents of young boneheads who joined national legions and fought against the Soviets, although, Serbia was not of them. Serb collaborators operated within the borders of the former Yugoslavia.

Cheers

Yes, you are right, Bulgarians did not fight on the Eastern Front. But the rest fought without being occupied by the country. By the way, the south of France was not occupied either.
You know, you gave me an idea. I have a lot of archived data in my computer. I will make a big thread listing the numbers of units and formations of European countries that fought in Russia on the side of Germany, and publish it on the forum. It will be a purely academic text based on archives. I think it will be interesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
True. In fact "Russia" and "Poland" themselves can be seen, in the early Middle Ages, as rival coalitions of smaller ethnicities, making the "true" boundary between them rather problematic.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Heh, that will be a lengthy exercise even just down to the echelon of divisions.

I think in your list of ones who fought against the Soviets you may have forgotten the Slovakians.

I can't recall the context, but I heard one pointed question made by a Soviet senior leader to a Romanian was to the effect of what the Romanian Army was searching for on the Volga River in 1942 ...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
True. In fact "Russia" and "Poland" themselves can be seen, in the early Middle Ages, as rival coalitions of smaller ethnicities, making the "true" boundary between them rather problematic.

Davies has written some interesting material on E Europe. I need to crack his books open again.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: faceoff85
Has anyone seen the documentary called "Europa, the last battle"?
I believe we have been massively lied to about WW2. The bad guys won, and wrote history.

edit on 26/9/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

How many Russian civilians were murdered by the Russian government between, say 1917 and 1922?

There’s no wonder there was anti Russian sentiment leading up to WW2.

There are many victims in a civil war in any country, this is the horror of a civil war. But the troops of Great Britain, the USA, Germany and Japan at this time officially occupied Russia and waged military operations. The British even used chemical weapons in the North. The greatest atrocities in the civil war in Russia were demonstrated by the Chinese, Latvians, Slovaks, Hungarians and even Serbs. In addition, at that time, almost all the leadership of the Cheka in Moscow and in regional cities consisted of Jews. This was done away with by Stalin in 1937.
Therefore, I do my best to warn my friends on the forum - Americans from hatred for each other and civil war. This is terrible. Let them look at the experience of Russia.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I own "The Early Slavs" by P.M. Barford (and I've been familar with History atlases all my life).

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It's just that Poland is a classic example of apostasy. At one time, the Poles betrayed Orthodoxy and converted to Catholicism. They are Slavs, but they became anti-Slavs. And how all the renegades became holier than the Pope.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good read?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Heh, that will be a lengthy exercise even just down to the echelon of divisions.

I think in your list of ones who fought against the Soviets you may have forgotten the Slovakians.

I can't recall the context, but I heard one pointed question made by a Soviet senior leader to a Romanian was to the effect of what the Romanian Army was searching for on the Volga River in 1942 ...

Cheers

Romania is a separate conversation. They occupied Moldova (Bessarabia), Odessa and even Crimea. They were completely defeated at Stalingrad. But when the Russian army approached the borders of Romania, their king Mihai betrayed Hitler and swore allegiance to Stalin. For this, Stalin awarded him the highest award of the USSR - the Order of Victory numbered 5. (in total, if I am not mistaken, there were 16 awards of this order).
By the way, about 15 years ago I discovered information that the Order of Victory No. 5 is being sold in Israel for 5 million dollars.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A good solid academic work, with a lot of archaeology.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It is very debatable whether Poland proper was ever "Orthodox". On the criterion of "Who controls the hierarchy?", the Polish church belonged to the Papal side from earliest times.

edit on 26-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

(post by Chalcedony removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It is very debatable whether Poland proper was ever "Orthodox". On the criterion of "Who controls the hierarchy?", the Polish church belonged to the Papal side from earliest times.

Poland was not the only Orthodox country. In the place of today's Lithuania, there was Lithuanian Rus. There were 3 Rus' in total - Kiev, Lithuanian and Vladimir (hereinafter Moscow). The first printed books (the Bible, the Gospel and the Apostles), for example the Ostrog Bible, in Russian (Church Slavonic) were printed in Lithuania and Poland. The Polish Orthodox Church still exists in Poland, there are Orthodox cathedrals and parishes.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
But Polish Orthodoxy was established in the eastern part of the country, was it not? That is, in the area which you regard as "not true Poland", the area which Stalin occupied in 1939.

If you're not going to count that area as part of Poland, you cannot use it to support a claim that Poland was Orthodox.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Not many since there was a world War, revolution, then Civil War (which was fueled by western nations and the to be third reich), followed by a famine, followed by another civil war.

You've fallen for the propoganda I see...

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Chadwickus

Not many since there was a world War, revolution, then Civil War (which was fueled by western nations and the to be third reich), followed by a famine, followed by another civil war.

Yes. Disasters, it seems, come in groups.

There were also ongoing ethno-religious conflicts with the Basmachi.

Cheers
edit on 26-9-2021 by F2d5thCavv2 because: -machi, not -mati

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The whole of Europe was a mess, and everyone blamed it on the Jews, hence why those who didn't ally with the third reich were part of the "Jewish subversion" of European values, and nonsense like Jewish bolshevism.

It's very frustrating seeing online hate groups spouting out the same nonsense in todays world, and I read somewhere that some 60% of the youth today don't even know what the holocaust was or thought it wasn't that bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join