It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your late night indulgence?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If giant spiders were involved I will never mix that combo!!!

Melatonin does that to me! It’s always spiders too.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have a severe weakness for virtually any kind of cheese (barring the yellow plastic crap) And cottage cheese, in particular. I cannot be trusted self-serving myself any, or the entire pound in the container WILL disappear. I don't combine cottage cheese with anything though, I cannot stand it with fruits, nuts, etc. It's gross to me then.

Now other cheeses are a different story. I'll combine them with pretty much anything, so long as it actually goes together well. Last week, my late-night snack of choice was herbed Havarti slices, on honeycrisp apple slices. That actually went together so well that it's a new obsession. I plowed through Swiss slices on apple slices before that, though this time I did change it up have have been plowing through apple slices & homemade whipped cream as a dip.

And milk, too. Just a big-ass glass full will hit the spot like nothing else.

I think it's easier to say I have a problem with my self-control with dairy as a whole. Apples are just a delivery system I can do without, but if I'm going to try to sneak cheese in to the cart at the store, I need a healthy snack fruit excuse or I get a major stink eye

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I'll tell you something I discovered recently...

Strawberry and cheese sandwiches.

Dont take my word for it, just try one..

mind you I might have covid.. oO haha

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Unknowingly, we may be Soul Brothers.
Wife after waking and wandering into the kitchen to make her tea barks

“What a mess, how much did you eat during the night????“

Me:

I ate during the night?

Midnight dream feeding is a thing it seems .....

a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: jerich0

I'll tell you something I discovered recently...

Strawberry and cheese sandwiches.

Dont take my word for it, just try one..

mind you I might have covid.. oO haha

Thank youuu for the new healthy food idea-excuse to explain future cheese purchases with

Also, it does sound damn good, a grilled cheese w/ fruit, and I may or may not be scheming to figure out how to convince hubs we need to go to the grocery store again. Since we were just there last night.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If giant spiders were involved I will never mix that combo!!!

Melatonin does that to me! It’s always spiders too.

You'll laugh at giant spiders after that! You'll just point at them and cackle until they tremble in terror!

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also is this just an American thing? I think we are big time snackers, not sure other parts of the world do it as much as we do.

lol no it's not

Toast/White bread and nutella.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I generally end the day playing on the computer / internet
usually like some candy (chocolate and marshmallows!)
doctor told me to nix the sugar
now its fruit (dried kiwi!)

got some of those mutant sapphire grapes this week. yum

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I stopped eating after 5 or six o'clock many years ago to maintain my manly figure ! Around here many people eat late just after the sun goes down especially as a family.

Most people have no idea what hot and spicy is until you have a meal prepared with the little Thai peppers ! Even many Thai's around the age of 55+ have burnt holes in their guts.. They burn coming end and can seriously burn when the peppers leave on the way out !

Mom plants plenty of Thai chilis. I remember back in the 90s, while mom and I were gardening. A Chicano man walked by and asked if he can buy some of them Thai chilis, he had $5. We gave him two handfulls, and then he told us that he likes to eat them raw with just plain salt. Food & spices bridges cultures together. Because Im sure he couldnt find them spicy Thai chilis anywhere else back in the 90s

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Sometimes fresh toasted cashews
Sometimes a big bowl of ice cream to share with my dog. She likes chocolate chip.
Its a middle aged lady thing.

Sorry for taking a little detour.
I remember when we had a dog we were told to avoid giving him ice cream and especially chocolate.

Here's some info:
www.dailypaws.com...

She is a 17 yr old Pitbull, and she gets pretty much whatever she wants. I told her years ago that she's not supposed to have chocolate because its bad for her, to which she replied " give it here, I'm too old to die young".

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It's not my place to judge and, just as I would fulfil a loved one's desires and whims, I'm happy that you're making her life as pleasant as possible. 17 years is very good going and a testament to how you've nurtured her.

edit on 24/9/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My dogs get vanilla wafers for bedtime snack. The GSD gets 6. The doxy gets 3 broken into 2, so 6 pieces. Dogs can count, and I don't want her feeling like i am stiffing her.

I usually have something during that time as well. I like apples a lot. A whole lot. Envy or Honeycrisp are always at the house, and i eat 4 or more a week. I like Reeses a lot, but thats why i was so damned fat. So i avoid that. Sometimes Ill buy some really crappy cheap cookies so i can enjoy some sweet, but not enjoy it too much.

But just as often ill do a folded over hot dog. I like hot dogs as much as apples.

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What is a "folded over hotdog"??

Never heard that before, and always interested in different recipes for hotdogs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join