It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footprints Reveal Humans In North America Thousands of Years Earlier than Previously Thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It appears humans have been in North America for a very very long time. Recent evidence now estimates between 23,000 to 33,000 years.

www.nps.gov...

New scientific research conducted at White Sands National Park in New Mexico has uncovered the oldest known human footprints in North America. The discovery reveals evidence of human occupation in the Tularosa Basin beginning at least 23,000 years ago, thousands of years earlier than previously thought.

In addition to human footprints, tracks from the Columbian mammoth, saber-toothed cat, dire wolf, and other ice age animals have been discovered.

The research dramatically extends the range for the coexistence of humans and Pleistocene (ice age) megafauna and confirms that humans were present in North America before the major glacial advances at the height of the last ice age closed migration routes from Asia.

www.nps.gov...

How long have humans been living in the Tularosa Basin? The latest research from White Sands confirms for the first time that humans have been living in North America for at least 23,000 years - many thousands of years older than previously thought. This research also confirms that people were living with the ice age megafauna much longer than previously known.

The new dates of the human presence were discovered by digging a trench in the gypsum soil on the park's western playa. Human footprints were found at different depths below the surface. Above and below these nearly discovered human footprints were ancient grass seeds (Ruppia cirrhosa). These seeds were analyzed using radiocarbon dating, and calibrated dates of 22,860 (∓320) and 21,130 (∓250) years ago were revealed.

An earlier related story

www.bbc.com...

Humans settled in the Americas much earlier than previously thought, according to new finds from Mexico.

They suggest people were living there 33,000 years ago, twice the widely accepted age for the earliest settlement of the Americas.

The results are based on work at Chiquihuite Cave, a high-altitude rock shelter in central Mexico.

Archaeologists found nearly 2,000 stone tools, suggesting the cave was used by people for at least 20,000 years.

"In Brazil, there are several sites where you have stone tools that look robust to me and are dated 26-30,000, similar dates to the Chiquihuite site," Prof Higham said.

"This could be an important discovery that could stimulate new work to find other sites in the Americas that date to this period."

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You dont believe scripture?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed many picnics at White Sands National Park, growing up in southern New Mexico. The dunes are amazing, so much fun to slide down. Its very easy to get lost, however. The lizards and horny toads are pure white. “Land of Enchantment”.
edit on 9/23/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If you meet with and talk to Inuit Elders you come out of that meeting believing humans have been in North America far, far longer than 33,000 years.
More than 10 times that.
Ever research First Ones of NUNAVUT??
Giants.....

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Graham Hancock has been working with some archaeologists that are showing evidence that humans have been in North America for 60 to 70 thousand years. His book, "America Before" is also a must read, if you are interested in this subject.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great find ! There will need to be some text books updated for sure. There was a woman researcher somewhere around the Yucatan several years ago that found a place once inhabited by humans that was around 250,000 old (yep hard to believe) and she published Her's and her teams findings. Well that went over like a lead balloon..... as far as I know she has not worked in that field or for her university since.. I would say the more they look the more they will find....My only question is how accurate our dating methods are ?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Time before Adam and after Adam. (Time from the beginning with the universe expanding) see link for details.

www.aish.com...

The calculations come out to be as follows:

• The first of the Biblical days lasted 24 hours, viewed from the "beginning of time perspective." But the duration from our perspective was 8 billion years.

• The second day, from the Bible's perspective lasted 24 hours. From our perspective it lasted half of the previous day, 4 billion years.

• The third 24 hour day also included half of the previous day, 2 billion years.

• The fourth 24 hour day ― one billion years.

• The fifth 24 hour day ― one-half billion years.

• The sixth 24 hour day ― one-quarter billion years.

When you add up the Six Days, you get the age of the universe at 15 and 3/4 billion years. The same as modern cosmology. Is it by chance?

But there's more. The Bible goes out on a limb and tells you what happened on each of those days. Now you can take cosmology, paleontology, archaeology, and look at the history of the world, and see whether or not they match up day-by-day. And I'll give you a hint. They match up close enough to send chills up your spine.

www.jstor.org...

edit on 23-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The establishment lies to us about everything.
Why would they tell us the truth about human history and how long we have been on this planet?
The history books still say Columbus discovered America.
Uh-Huh......
Mankind has been in The Americas for hundreds of thousands of years.
Why are the earliest constructions of anything found anywhere world/wide always the best construction and the construction on top of it is often not only inferior but crude?
Was it all built from the top down?......LOL

They lie lie lie......

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I read that and then I looked at the name and I went yeah.....no, I’m not touching this reply.
You’re a better man than I Gunga Din.....

reply to: infolurker

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I Saw years ago they found men like footprints with Dinosaurs in-beaded in stone......

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Time before Adam and after Adam. (Time from the beginning with the universe expanding) see link for details.

www.aish.com...

• The first of the Biblical days lasted 24 hours, viewed from the "beginning of time perspective." But the duration from our perspective was 8 billion years.

• The second day, from the Bible's perspective lasted 24 hours. From our perspective it lasted half of the previous day, 4 billion years.

• The third 24 hour day also included half of the previous day, 2 billion years.

When you add up the Six Days, you get the age of the universe at 15 and 3/4 billion years. The same as modern cosmology. Is it by chance?

But there's more. The Bible goes out on a limb and tells you what happened on each of those days. Now you can take cosmology, paleontology, archaeology, and look at the history of the world, and see whether or not they match up day-by-day. And I'll give you a hint. They match up close enough to send chills up your spine.

www.jstor.org...

Now I understand
why you felt
and what you say
and why you needed
the JJJ

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
If you meet with and talk to Inuit Elders you come out of that meeting believing humans have been in North America far, far longer than 33,000 years.
More than 10 times that.
Giants.....

Yea, in our native people, aren't their old stories about 7 worlds before this one? In other words, 7 times we had civilizations were built up, and then we were almost annihilated.

All I know seeing pics of modern tools and stuff found embedded in 100,000 or older rocks make me stop and think.

This ain't our first rodeo...

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZED332L
I Saw years ago they found men like footprints with Dinosaurs in-beaded in stone......

thats a fake 'discovery', a false claim by creationists.
those footprints are not human but of a bipedial dinosaur.

rationalwiki.org...
edit on 24-9-2021 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Will we ever know?
Thanks for the 7 ages thing.
This type of belief is also found in folklore and legends as well as what is called genetic memory in many groups of indigenous peoples.
The aborigines of Australia and their dream time stories fascinate me.
It is believed that their stories actually speak of an time of cataclysmic flood or rapid sea level rise.
The sunken city found off the north west corner of Cuba in thousands of feet of water, whether true or not, is rather mind bending to contemplate......
I wish I had a time machine!

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Great find ! There will need to be some text books updated for sure. There was a woman researcher somewhere around the Yucatan several years ago that found a place once inhabited by humans that was around 250,000 old (yep hard to believe) and she published Her's and her teams findings. Well that went over like a lead balloon..... as far as I know she has not worked in that field or for her university since.. I would say the more they look the more they will find....My only question is how accurate our dating methods are ?

Virginia Steen-McKintyre.

She was a small fry on the site brought in from the USGS that screwed up her career because she jumped her boss' report.
The dates she reported actually belonged to her boss, the lead archaeologist on the site (Cynthia Irwin-Williams,) who reported the same dates in her site report.

Problem there (Hueyatlaco) is that Irwin-William's dates couldn't be verified. Multiple methods were used in attempts to do so resulting in different dates spread out over hundreds of thousands of years.
In other words, no date.

This find is itself quite legitimate, it seems. But the BBC article quoted is a little hyped. This is not " twice the widely accepted age for the earliest settlement of the Americas." It's possible the article quoted is out of date though.

Harte

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

www.aish.com...

www.jstor.org...

What sends chills down my spine is the lack of due diligence it takes to believe this. BTE...the universe is currently estimated to be 13.77 Bnyears old. Not 15.85

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

More than 10 times that.
Giants.....

Incredibly interesting to me, since I've been convinced for many years we're going to find more answers by looking North than we're probably ready for. If you could post a link or two I'd appreciate it! Not asking to be "spoon fed" it's just Northern Info has always been difficult to find.

The White Sands footprints I find odd only because the shape of the feet are puzzling. I'd love for a Podiatrist or someone to weigh in on what conditions "possibly" could result in what to me appear to be very narrow arches?
Of course given the time & weathering would make tracks appear more unusual, but I'm betting we'd learn a ton by having the tracks explained medically.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZED332L

Those are hoaxes, as even the Creationist sites admit. There was a man in Paluxy, Texas, who found that he could make money selling carvings of human footprints interposed with dinosaur footprints --and that's where the story got conflated into "proof" of humans and dinosaurs coexisting.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

More than 10 times that.
Giants.....

Incredibly interesting to me, since I've been convinced for many years we're going to find more answers by looking North than we're probably ready for. If you could post a link or two I'd appreciate it! Not asking to be "spoon fed" it's just Northern Info has always been difficult to find.

The White Sands footprints I find odd only because the shape of the feet are puzzling. I'd love for a Podiatrist or someone to weigh in on what conditions "possibly" could result in what to me appear to be very narrow arches?
Of course given the time & weathering would make tracks appear more unusual, but I'm betting we'd learn a ton by having the tracks explained medically.

I was also bothered by that -- turns out that the image with the story is not an image of the actual tracks, since they're very faint and don't look like much unless you're very familiar with what fossilized tracks look like.

But yeah, the ones shown in the photo are NotTheRealThing.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I was just watching Graham Hancock and Joe Rogan discussing this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join