It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've always wondered if other people have these, I have ever since I can remember. I will be looking up at the sky at these floaters will dance around in my vision. I know they are not something in the sky but rather something with my eyes. They are small and almost resemble the copyright symbol (C) and are often strung together. They will go up, down, side to side....anyone else ever experience these?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ya, i have been dealing with floaters for many years. i have a supremely excellent opthomologist, and he informs me they are actually minute particles of dirt on the retina. i see mine best when looking at white/light backgounds, but can see the little stringy buggers just about anywhere as i have been looking at 'em for so long. mine take varioius shapes and forms, mostly dot like, or strung together in irregular lines. i have been informed there is nothing that can be done to eliminate them.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"Everyone" has them...and they get a lot worse with age, trust me! LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's nothing to worry about and very common. Link below will explain exactly what these "Floaters" are.

www.allaboutvision.com...

btw- I'm going to move this thread to the Health & Wellness forum on BTS in a moment.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I guess I assumed everyone has experienced this. I've seen floaters for about as long as I can remember. For me they seem to follow with the direction of my gaze, like I can influence their movement by looking around slightly, for a time, and then they eventually "float" out of view. I wonder if anyone does NOT see floaters?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why move it? It's a medical issue and I'm not a member at BTS meaning I can't have access to it...plus I beieve it would get more replies on here, which is important because I would like to see how other people's floaters look and behave.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hey dude...

why do you want to look at how my 'floaters' behave.....once there out i just flush.....if you want i can post you some?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder where my floaters go, I'm thinking of putting a GPS beacon on one of them and see what journey it takes. Also for easier identification once i find its end location, i'll use the ol 'green cordial' trick, drink two glasses of straight green cordial syrup and watch in wonder
bottoms up guys!!

new topics

top topics

join