It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birch sap - brand from Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Aromatherapie

It's amazing what smell can do to our soul and body, there is definite a somatic coupling.

In trauma therapy, the therapists folded little paper flowers and put, depends on the issue, a smell on it. It's strange to see someone standing at a window and sniffle on a paper flower for a few minutes but it works

Citrus was the one I got most

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not tried it no, but coincidentally enough, my Lithuanian workmate was telling me a couple of days ago they used to go into the woods and drink it fresh from the tree……..

He’s 6 foot 3 and said he was one of the shortest in his class when he was at school

Maybe there’s something to it, lol

a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: PiratesCut

I LOVE BIRCH SYRUP!!!!!
An old timer from New Hampshire gave me some years ago.
He said it was tricky to make and that he had to be very careful when he made it.
I have no idea what he meant by that though.
Can’t find it here though.

MMMMMMMMMM

Birch concentrate is a dangerous thing. Your woman may really like your condition after consuming it. Be careful))))))))))))

***FOR REAL???***😮

I had 3 Birch trees for 20 years before having to cut them down due to overhead powerlines. 😣

I feel robbed of my (eh hemmm) youthful years. There were some hot moms in this neighborhood 🙄😚😚

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

On the shelves of any store in the USSR, one could find three-liter glass jars with a special drink - birch sap.

Interesting - never heard of it. Will have to ask the wife (she is Russian native).

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
We used to have the same thing down here along coastal Massachusetts when I was younger and it was great stuff.
I haven’t seen anything like that for years.
I loved Birch Beer!!!
Do you remember Teaberry Gum?
I used to take my kids out into the woods and pick teaberry’s all the time.
Crack at leaf from a T berry plant in half and it smells like spearmint.
How about Screech Rum from NewfieLand?
Sorry that’s a fisherman term.
The mountains in New Hampshire I referred to as the white mountains because of all the Birch Trees.
I’m kind of surprised something like this doesn’t come out of that state.
They sure do make a lot of Maple Syrup there though. Around here we mostly have Swamp Maples and I don’t know if there any good for syrup.

Now I have to find Birch Juice or Syrup somewhere!

Oh FFS.....thanks RussianTroll.....LOL

a reply to: Atsbhct

Where I'm from, Screech is an everyman's term! Lol.

I love teaberrys. They don't really grow by me, but my parents are down Mahone Bay way, and they always find a few for us where it's scrubby!

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would drink spring birch sap all the time as kid.
My uncle would tap a ton of local birch trees in the forest and as I would play if I got thirty I knew I could get a refreshing drink from one of his collection buckets. It would be almost ice cold and so refreshing.

He would turn the birch sap into birch syrup it’s much darker then maple. Much different flavour.

He also makes aspirin balm from red willow.

I learned a lot from my uncle.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Add a little alcohol to make the active chemical in the Chaga mushroom. You do not need to kill the tree to get the Betulinic acid

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It is a long time ago I drank fresh birch juice! It's said to be detoxifying and anti inflammation properties too. Almost forgot about it. Tastes different every month, sweeter in spring for example. It's hard to describe, it tastes very round, refreshing and cooling.

Do you know a way to make it stable so it does not taste bitter the next day?

Maybe pasteurization with homogenizer included.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join