It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would question why the parents of a child that has CF would want to possibly sacrifice the life of their child just to go eat a meal in a restaurant. Plus they have him with a babysitter, another direct risk for the child.
Are they really worried that he might get Covid, or are they partly worried?

And they were going to take off their masks anyway to eat…..

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Every person does indeed get to decide what is best for them. When working with the JackAss crew years back, the boys felt it was important to replace the Ford hood logo with an 18” dildo, full mast to the sky. Talk about an ice breaker. a reply to: opethPA

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: network dude

this is just as stupid as not allowing someone without a mask in. The entire pushback on the mask issue was FOR PERSONAL CHOICE. It wasn't supposed to be against or for anything other than freedom.
But in clown world, this is NOP. (normal operating procedure)

It is indicative of newton's third law as I have been preaching for a while now. Keep pushing and get harder pushback. Make stupid rules and watch people be even stupider when the go against those rules.

Tell me, at what point do you folks start to miss the old way, the Trump way. At least back then, you had Trump to hate and things were going well. Now you aren't allowed to speak badly of Joey, and things are falling apart in every direction. But no mean tweets, so there is that.

I suppose it was just a matter of time before you worked Trump into this thread.....

And you never fail to disappoint when it come to crying like a school girl about it.

Oooh....how very dare you!

Handbag's at dawn, then, is it?

fanny packs. man up.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: opethPA
"Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out."

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son = www.today.com...

Some clarity needs to be placed around this story so people can make their own informed decision.

1. The at risk son was not with them but rather was with a baby sitter so the parents were doing what they thought was right for their child but they were not necessarily protecting him in that exact moment.

2.Based on the readily available articles it doesnt seem the establishment had any signage indicating that masks were not allowed.

"While there aren't any signs stating Blackmer's policy in the restaurant, KTVT reported that the establishment's host asks guests to remove their masks at the door."

My thoughts on this are it's wrong just like it would be to kick out someone for not wearing a mask. If half-measures are going to continued to be taken around this and clear direction not given then leave the choice to individuals. In this case I feel the restaurant is in the wrong in every way.

I thought the point of eliminating mask mandates was to encourage individual liberty? This situation is ironic and seems to suggest a very different motive.

it's actually identical to mask mandates, but 180 degrees out. Completely equal in the amount of stupid.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HairForceOne

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: opethPA

You don't take a newborn into a restaurant while a plague is raging.

What selfish parents!!

They left the baby with a babysitter. They were there alone.

Oh. Then why is this thread still in existence.?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What selfish parents!!

So that you might actually bother to read it? Perhaps?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

this is just as stupid as not allowing someone without a mask in. The entire pushback on the mask issue was FOR PERSONAL CHOICE. It wasn't supposed to be against or for anything other than freedom.
But in clown world, this is NOP. (normal operating procedure)

It is indicative of newton's third law as I have been preaching for a while now. Keep pushing and get harder pushback. Make stupid rules and watch people be even stupider when the go against those rules.

Tell me, at what point do you folks start to miss the old way, the Trump way. At least back then, you had Trump to hate and things were going well. Now you aren't allowed to speak badly of Joey, and things are falling apart in every direction. But no mean tweets, so there is that.

I suppose it was just a matter of time before you worked Trump into this thread.....

And you never fail to disappoint when it come to crying like a school girl about it.

Oooh....how very dare you!

Handbag's at dawn, then, is it?

fanny packs. man up.

OK. I'll meet you, Sir, on Hampstead Heath at dawn.

If I'm not there, start without me...

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
You all just keep forgetting you are immune to COVID when you are sitting down and eating indoors. You are only susceptible to catching COVID when you are jogging outside or at the beach. Sheesh, it's science people!!! Dam science deniers.

How can you eat with a mask on?

So, you want restaurants, bars and pubs to close again?

Silly, no. Science tells us that you don't need a mask when you are sitting indoors and eating, you are IMMUNE to COVID. It's science, are you a science denier? It is absolutely impossible to catch or spread COVID when sitting down indoors and eating.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What selfish parents!!

Exactly what are your reasons for it not being in existence?

To answer your question though...

1. Because its a factual thread that is relevant to the goings on in the country .
2. Because I listed 5 or 6 sources throughout the thread reporting it.
3. Because it's a topic people on ATS are interested and divided on.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out."

Couple was kicked out of Texas restaurant for wearing masks to protect at-risk son = www.today.com...

Some clarity needs to be placed around this story so people can make their own informed decision.

1. The at risk son was not with them but rather was with a baby sitter so the parents were doing what they thought was right for their child but they were not necessarily protecting him in that exact moment.

2.Based on the readily available articles it doesnt seem the establishment had any signage indicating that masks were not allowed.

"While there aren't any signs stating Blackmer's policy in the restaurant, KTVT reported that the establishment's host asks guests to remove their masks at the door."

My thoughts on this are it's wrong just like it would be to kick out someone for not wearing a mask. If half-measures are going to continued to be taken around this and clear direction not given then leave the choice to individuals. In this case I feel the restaurant is in the wrong in every way.

Meh...restaurant has the right.

If the kid was so at risk, why were they going out to eat anyways?

Sounds more like a set up story to me...sympathy BS and all.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I presume this topic was uploaded because after all the outcry over infringing on individual liberties by mandating the use of masks indoors, the table has been turned so that wearing a mask indoors by individual choice is punished much the same way that anti-maskers were previously persecuted. Either individual liberties are the basis for these disagreements and protests or it's not about liberty at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sure , that is the restaurants choice but much like I suspect they do with wearing inappropriate attire they should have that signage some place and this scenario could have been avoided. Imagine a restaurant that enforces masks not having signs up saying that and if they would have kicked out someone who refused to wear a mask. The outrage here by some would be over the top most likely.

When looking at the information on the story what makes you think its a setup?
edit on 22-9-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: carewemust

I presume this topic was uploaded because after all the outcry over infringing on individual liberties by mandating the use of masks indoors, the table has been turned so that wearing a mask indoors by individual choice is punished much the same way that anti-maskers were previously persecuted. Either individual liberties are the basis for these disagreements and protests or it's not about liberty at all.

Well said.

If the basis for threads here are about individual freedoms then that needs to apply across the board not just to the popular opinion on ATS.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What selfish parents!!

The drop-kicker is them wearing a mask far away won't protect their child 😃🚬

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What selfish parents!!

How is that relevant?
Personal choice only applies to the "mah freedoms!" anti-mask people?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Has anyone verified the babysitter was wearing a mask the whole time ? 🤫

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What selfish parents!!

How is that relevant?
Personal choice only applies to the "mah freedoms!" anti-mask people?

Wuhan Freedom !!🎃

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Sure , that is the restaurants choice but much like I suspect they do with wearing inappropriate attire they should have that signage some place and this scenario could have been avoided. Imagine a restaurant that enforces masks not having signs up saying that and if they would have kicked out someone who refused to wear a mask. The outrage here by some would be over the top most likely.

The host asks guests to remove masks when they enter according to the story, and her social media post went into how she thinks the establishment has contributed to the covid numbers.

If I had to guess....it was a setup. Even their friends stayed at the bar. They were likely thinking the masked couple were being drama queens as well

Either way....restaurant can refuse business to whomever they want.

These parents, if TRULY concerned for their child's safety, would not have gone out in the first place.

And plenty of restaurants in Atlanta didn't have signs up about masks being required. If they told me you can't come in I simply wrote that restaurant off my list and won't go back.

Not a big deal to me. I didn't go all snowflake and write a social media post about it.

It's their choice. People get too butthurt these days.

edit on 9/22/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Has anyone verified the babysitter was wearing a mask the whole time ? 🤫

Since the babysitter wasn't at the restaurant and this is about a restaurant without signage explaining the no masks allowed choice I am not sure how this question from you matters either.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The host asks guests to remove masks when they enter according to the story, and her social media post went into how she thinks the establishment has contributed to the covid numbers.

If I had to guess....it was a setup. Even their friends stayed at the bar. They were likely thinking the masked couple were being drama queens as well

Either way....restaurant can refuse business to whomever they want.

These parents, if TRULY concerned for their child's safety, would not have gone out in the first place.

So your thoughts are an opinion piece..Got it.

Faire enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join