It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somewhere in Time - 1980

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Since I was a young boy, I've always admired the mesmerising Jane Seymour. Earlier today, one of her movies, probably my favourite, came to mind. I hadn't seen it for ages so I did a search and found it on Archive Org (see link below).

I just finished watching it and it still has the same effect on me and I felt compelled to share it with everyone here.

Jane, Christopher Reeve and Christopher Plummer really turn a simple story into a fascinating and moving film.

From IMDB:

Young writer Richard Collier is met on the opening night of his first play by an old lady who begs him to "Come back to me". Mystified, he tries to find out about her, and learns that she is a famous stage actress from the early 1900s, Elise McKenna. Becoming more and more obsessed with her, he manages, by self hypnosis, to travel back in time where he meets her. They fall in love, a matching that is not appreciated by her manager. Can their love outlast the immense problems caused by their "time" difference? And can Richard remain in a time that is not his?

m.imdb.com...

Here's the full movie:

archive.org...

Popcorn and handkerchiefs a must... enjoy!

edit on 18/9/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yes, it is a good movie! The Internet Archive.org is where I got my copy and just a couple hours ago, I recommended my sister to go there and get this very movie! Strange coincidence.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I found this movie a couple of years ago and actually quite liked it.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My wife has watched this movie more times than there are grains of sand on a beach .
Me : never .

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I loved that movie.

I thought it had the vibes or even a kinda new take on "the time machine"
using the mind instead of a device to transport in time

scrounger

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If he just hadn't found that damn penny.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If he just hadn't found that damn penny.

I found that scene quite good and even told a message (if one wanted to go that deep)

it showed either
a. there is no such thing as planning for everything
b. the smallest oversite can unravel everything.

scrounger

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Wow, that is strange!!

I only thought of Jane Seymour yesterday because I saw a B/W picture of her on my wife's Instagram. The picture was very similar to the one in the movie, hence the total recall of the film.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

a reply to: DAVID64

Absolutely, the science seems simple, but I guess the human mind could hold the power and be the key to time travel.

I just love the movie and I try not to overthink the science.

However, there is one thing that has always bugged me... the pocket watch! Where did it come from?

Elise gives it to Richard in modern times (on the day she died), he then goes back in time and leaves it with her on the fateful day the penny literally dropped. It's a recursive object that has no temporal introduction... a sort of chicken/egg conundrum. It just IS!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I recommend it, the music alone is gut wrenching and has me welling up every time, even if I don't watch the film.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: QFlux

Cheers for posting that well-made video synopsis of the movie...

SPOILER ALERT - avoid if you don't want to know how it ends before watching the full movie.

edit on 19/9/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Yes, it is a good movie! The Internet Archive.org is where I got my copy and just a couple hours ago, I recommended my sister to go there and get this very movie! Strange coincidence.

That is beyond a strange coincidence. That's freakin' cosmic...

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Great Movie.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: Gothmog

I recommend it, the music alone is gut wrenching and has me welling up every time, even if I don't watch the film.

I most likely will , once I retire this time (I am hanging it up for the last time soon)

new topics

top topics

join